Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is it now easier to pick up non EU talent cos Brexit or something?

Specifically South American players at top tier clubs there.

The primary reason being that the Copa Libertadores is now given the same weighting, points-wise, as the Champions League. So if you have a South American target playing regularly at a club in this competition, especially if they're in Brazil or Argentina, they will now almost always automatically qualify for a work-permit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Aston will be to Argentina what Wolverhampton is to Portugal!! 😉 

Looks good on his youtube reel but then I would probably look good on mine - if I had one!!  He looks a cool customer and more able to carry a ball than the likes of AEG.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s sticking his Neco a bit on this one.

Reckon Neco could be signed on a Sunday Morning… 

As long we’re not left Waiting For The Man.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Reckon Neco could be signed on a Sunday Morning… 

As long we’re not left Waiting For The Man.

spacer.png

away back to Off Topic with you ;)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Wes said:

Here's a post I made in this very thread Three Weeks Ago, on the 3rd of June, where I said to look out for Julian Alvarez and the reasons why:

So naturally I would love this to be true. Would be the kind of emerging signing that we should absolutely be after.

He must be a bit of a late developer as by the age of 21 you would expect a top young player to be getting regular game. This lad has 6 starts and 6sub appearances in the last two seasons. Grealish had played over 40 top flight games and a full season with Notts county by that point. Not saying he won't develop into something good, just that it is less likely. 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia looks like Barkley replacement and your guy probably on 4-5 year contract so doubt we're after 

Buendia played 39 games at RW and one of his best attributes is his defensive capability. He's not playing Central

Edited by HalfTimePost

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He must be a bit of a late developer as by the age of 21 you would expect a top young player to be getting regular game. This lad has 6 starts and 6sub appearances in the last two seasons. Grealish had played over 40 top flight games by that point. Not saying he won't develop into something good, just that it is less likely. 

You're looking at his Libertadores starts. He has appeared 69 times (41 starts) according to Transfermarkt and has a cap for Argentina. In that time he has 16 goals and 17 assists. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/julian-alvarez/leistungsdaten/spieler/576024/plus/1?saison=ges

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Argentinian league was also suspended for half a year or something like that due to Covid so number of games will be effected by that. They cut the league short just like they did in France last year.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Technically it’s from: https://www.calciomercato.it/2021/06/18/calciomercato-ajax-aston-villa-julian-alvarez-river-plate-juventus/

which I assume is the Italian version of HITC.

Haven’t Calcio Mercato got a few right for us in the past, like…

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tbvlodjnl0kl919pq5

Ermm, you know…

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ln46r5hknr6kjhxszx

Sod it… Must mean one thing and one thing only…

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b5puac0h3uohdqzllt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So is he a winger, striker, or both?

Article is a bit confusing. If he can do both, obviously brilliant, and just adds to our capability to run defenses ragged with varied attacking approach.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So is he a winger, striker, or both?

Article is a bit confusing. If he can do both, obviously brilliant, and just adds to our capability to run defenses ragged with varied attacking approach.

All I know is Villa won the Champions League with him at RW in Football Manager so he's a good one to get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1