Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Is she better at football than Trez?

Trez is a damn good player, especially for the £8.75m fee we paid for him. He works extremely hard but he lacks a bit of technical quality that is required in the Premier League 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doesn't look anything like Trez to me...

Trez in a nutshell:

• Can only beat the defender with one move - knock the ball past them and try to just out run them.  If that doesn't work, he usually runs down a blind alley and loses posession.
  • Works hard in the press, but usually makes the wrong decision if he wins the ball.  Has some of the consistently worst decision making I've ever seen in the Premier League.  
  • Occasionally scores by being in the box when the ball falls to him during a set piece.  

Alverez shows in that montage that he:

• Has better control/dribbling skills than Trez
  • Has a much better shot
  • Makes better decisions regarding whether or not to pass, shoot, or carry the ball into space.

If we can't get Smith Rowe, I wonder if Joe Willock is someone we'd consider? He's young and British, has premier league experience, which seems to be two of the things we're looking for in our signings this summer, and will be looking to get into the England squad, again something Smith has said we can use to help convince players to join us.

Only thing that makes me think maybe not is Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka coming through, maybe Willock could potentially block their path into the first team.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Trez is a damn good player, especially for the £8.75m fee we paid for him. He works extremely hard but he lacks a bit of technical quality that is required in the Premier League 

is a bit also known as F*CK*NG HUUUGGE?

Donald Trump GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, useless said:

If we can't get Smith Rowe, I wonder if Joe Willock is someone we'd consider? He's young and British, has premier league experience, which seems to be two of the things we're looking for in our signings this summer, and will be looking to get into the England squad, again something Smith has said we can use to help convince players to join us.

Only thing that makes me think maybe not is Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka coming through, maybe Willock could potentially block their path into the first team.

I know he hasnt done too bad at Newcastle but have you watched him.  I have to say I'm not impressed with him, feels very limited in growth with that one and he's overachieved at Newcastle in his loan.

Just now, nick76 said:

I know he hasnt done too bad at Newcastle but have you watched him.  I have to say I'm not impressed with him, feels very limited in growth with that one and he's overachieved at Newcastle in his loan.

6 goals in 6 games, I think our expectations of players of all clubs are too high. They are just normal human beings

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

6 goals in 6 games, I think our expectations of players of all clubs are too high. They are just normal human beings

He hit the corner flag 7 times in 6 games.

I'm in the Alverez is superior camp.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s the mum from home alone isn’t it? Just haggard by time?

Unfortunately if you and I remember the mum from the original home alone........we are also probably haggard by time :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I said he overachieved!

i said my view after watching him I thought he’d overachieved and seemed very limited.  That’s not my expectation, it was my view on watching him.  If we are buying young talent I want players that have potential to grow.  I’d rather have a player further behind Willock in development if they have more potential. I just wasn’t impressed with his general play.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Unfortunately if you and I remember the mum from the original home alone........we are also probably haggard by time :(

Ha ha. Sadly we are but I’d have banged her then, and I’d bang her now.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

This made me feel very old, I consider this to be a relatively new film on my personal list of favourites. 

Yelling Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1