Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

19 minutes ago, useless said:

So far we've signed a 36 year old and player that only scored once the last time he was in the premier league and that Norwich wanted to sell and there wasn't much in the way of other takers for. Still a lot of work to be done.

The Inbetweeners | GIFGlobe

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, useless said:

So far we've signed a 36 year old and player that only scored once the last time he was in the premier league and that Norwich wanted to sell and there wasn't much in the way of other takers for. Still a lot of work to be done.

Go Away GIF

31 minutes ago, useless said:

I agree with the notion that there's still a lot of work to be done, but not so much with the tone of this post.

Whilst there's a lot of work to be done, that probably only translates to another 2-3 players coming in.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

There isn't anything that isn't accurate in that post.

Ashley Young isn't 36 but will be next month...

Bundia did only score one goal the last time he was in the premier league...

Norwich did want to sell him, maybe because they had no choice in the matter, but their Sporting Director was inviting bids...

Maybe a few other teams were interested, but we didn't hear anything of it...

And there is still a lot of work to be done, and I'm sure the club agrees with that which will play out in the rest of the transfer window.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Yeah he def spit the dummy at the end and acted liked a tool, which was a shame as looked like the second coming of Ugo before he was injured.

Eric Black def the worst manager we've ever had.

I thought he just carried on the bad work of Garde, so on a par, and similar with McLeish?

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

have there been anymore links to Sander Berge? Thought he looked class before he got injured.

What is Berge.  Haven't really seen much of him. He looks like an 8 (box to box) from his highlights reel?

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Norwich did want to sell him, maybe because they had no choice in the matter, but their Sporting Director was inviting bids...

And there is still a lot of work to be done, and I'm sure the club agrees with that which will play out in the rest of the transfer window.

I get what you are trying to say but you've managed to give you're point a negative tone and nothing is negative about this club at the moment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Most people wouldn’t bloody shut up about it.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I would suggest ‘still a lot of work to be done’ isn’t accurate.

I think we’re in a good place, so far, and probably only need one or two more clever additions to really push us fighting for top 7/8.

17 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

What is Berge.  Haven't really seen much of him. He looks like an 8 (box to box) from his highlights reel?

Good on depth write up here … 

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-sander-berge/

The young Norwegian possesses all three requirements to excel as a deep-lying playmaker; he has brilliant passing, dribbling and ball-carrying and defensive abilities, and his impressive dribbling comes at a surprise given his dominant physique.

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Re Buendia he created the 3rd - 5th (can't remember exactly) most amount of chances though in the season you refer to. That's what we're buying. Someone to take the load off Jack literally. That means we can rest Jack more often therefore he's in peak condition for longer.

Ashley Young is going to surprise a few on here and beyond. His mentality is exactly what we needed. His ability hasn't diminished even though he probably can't do 38 * 90 minutes now. He will provide vital and flexible cover for every game. I can see him starting around 15-20 games.

The rest of the window we can relax a little because these two signings have made us top 8 for next season. 2 more - hopefully Papa Sarr and possibly a CB due to Engels leaving.

Maybe a pacy forward who can cover the front 3 positions as a bonus signing but I think we're well set with the current squad for next season.

• Like 1

I didn't say either of Buendia or Young were bad signings in my view, just pointed out some facts about them to lend support to the point I was about to make that we still have a lot of work to do, and by a lot work I mean three or four signings, if we're serious about going from a team that finished eleventh to one that can challenge for Europe.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Classic!

troll GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He only played less than 2/3rds season minutes. Besides the fact safe to assume he would've had double figure assists with a full season and that his teammates spurned a lot of his chances, you're discounting the fact the player has mentioned he was told to play more attacking and further forward last season in Championship which led to greater goal output. 

If I wanted to be a troll I could have said a lot worse than that, all I was doing was pointing out an alternative view of our signings, and not just a view, but what I said was pretty much accurate, which doesn't make them bad signings, but again lends support to the idea that we've still got more strenghting to do, which again I'm pretty certain is what will happen, so not sure why people think it's wrong to suggest that that's what needs to happen, in all probability the club itself agrees.