Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All the Okore talk made me have to do a Google.

Almost forgot he existed, never realised he now plays in China for Changchun Yatai.

Was extremely highly rated around the time we signed him, and did a number on Chelsea in the CL didn't he?

Yes, I seem to remember Pat Nevin raving about him. 

Bumped into Okore in the away end at pre season friendly at Walsall. Good guy. 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yes, I seem to remember Pat Nevin raving about him. 

Bumped into Okore in the away end at pre season friendly at Walsall. Good guy. 

Sorry av1 no likes left. I remember this too, top man and he came with a big reputation as a good young prospect. No probs with that signing.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sorry av1 no likes left. I remember this too, top man and he came with a big reputation as a good young prospect. No probs with that signing.

He was indeed. Looked good in few appearances as well. He had a really bad injury didn’t he? Maybe one of the reasons he never really fulfilled that potential.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

He was indeed. Looked good in few appearances as well. He had a really bad injury didn’t he? Maybe one of the reasons he never really fulfilled that potential.

Yes, had pace too, I think he broke his leg if I remember right.

He had a cracking huge smile too when he used it.

I’d love us to sign Smith-Rowe but just cannot see it happening sadly… Francisco Trincao is being linked with Wolves and people call for Neto which ain’t gunna happen either so why not make a cheeky bid. 

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, had pace too, I think he broke his leg if I remember right.

He had a cracking huge smile too when he used it.

Did his cruciate ligament iirc?

Also, didn't Black come out saying he asked not to be selected to play near the end of his Villa career?

Edited by yayoboy

1 minute ago, yayoboy said:

Did his cruciate ligament iirc?

Also, didn't Black come out saying he asked not to be selected to p!ay near the end of his Villa career?

Oh crikey, Well remembered mate. I think you're right, yes, he did leave on sort of bad terms didn't he.

Just as a side note, even Eric Black would make a better coach then that fraud England  have right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Oh crikey, Well remembered mate. I think you're right, yes, he did leave on sort of bad terms didn't he.

Just as a side note, even Eric Black would make a better coach then that fraud England  have right now.

Yep..... But I agree with the wider sentiment, before that injury I genuinely thought he was going to be class for us buddy.

Any how, let's move on, I'm getting shivers thinking back to that dark era 🤣

Edited by yayoboy
  • Like 1

I remember watching us beat Leicester 2-1 at VP the season before relegation and being absolutely certain that Okore and Clark would be an excellent PL centre back pairing.😂 Think Okore had the ability in fairness but I think the injury took a lot out of him before he'd even managed to find his feet.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah he def spit the dummy at the end and acted liked a tool, which was a shame as looked like the second coming of Ugo before he was injured.

Eric Black def the worst manager we've ever had.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Yeah he def spit the dummy at the end and acted liked a tool, which was a shame as looked like the second coming of Ugo before he was injured.

Eric Black def the worst manager we've ever had.

Sorry mate no likes again, completely agree but Mr Black is on a par with Mr Southgate in my book

Very Funny Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sorry mate no likes again, completely agree but Mr Black is on a par with Mr Southgate in my book

Very Funny Reaction GIF

I wasn't disagreeing that he is on par with cock nose

just stating he is our worse manager, Gaweth never managed us, thank the lord, his record at club football was dire, how you can become England manager for being adequate at U21 level is beyond me, then again he replaced Fat Sam who was fired before even starting so that sums up the FA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Very Funny Reaction GIF

Black was very poor, but as bad as Southgate? Come on did Eric run over your cat or something Phil?

Just now, VillanousOne said:

I wasn't disagreeing that he is on par with cock nose

just stating he is our worse manager, Gaweth never managed us, thank the lord, his record at club football was dire, how you can become England manager for being adequate at U21 level is beyond me, then again he replaced Fat Sam who was fired before even starting so that sums up the FA.

It really is a complete joke mate and he has an OBE for services to football already too. It will be Sir Gareth soon if we get through to the qualifiers, which we will. Sooner he goes the quicker we will have a genuine chance of winning a tournament. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Black was very poor, but as bad as Southgate? Come on did Eric run over your cat or something Phil?

Lol, If I had a cat I'd like to tie southgates hands behind his back and shove shrimp paste up his hooter and let pussy loose on it.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Lol, If I had a cat I'd like to tie southgates hands behind his back and shove shrimp paste up his hooter and let pussy loose on it.

Cost you a couple of grand in shrimp paste to fill that hooter.