Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Interesting one as he was great for Ajax but again not exactly unknown as I think they paid about £3m for him. He's also not had the best season at Chelsea this year. 

I genuinely want to be impressed here as people have said he has a real eye for a player and that Villa should listen to him. 

I think you need a bit of a reality check. 

How many top players do you think come out of absolute nowhere? 

Of course people within the game are going to know about them. 

39 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Well that was a waste of 5 pages. Thought there might actually be a tangible rumour.

How about Emil Audero for backup GK, and Emil Forsberg or Yeremi Pino for sub left wing?

Another Emi!? It’ll be like the Jordan’s all over again.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I think I follow what the previous poster was getting at. Leicester can make that striker signing because they know Vardy is pretty much done playing every match. They even played 2 up top for awhile so they have playing time available to entice a younger signing. 

If someone like Daka looks at our setup. One striker upfront and the first choice is a T1000 that never gets injured. Might not be as attractive a proposition. 

Dean has to ensure that whoever we bring in is fine competing for a spot but also cool with spending some time on the bench if he loses out. Our team harmony is so good right now. Definitely don't want to spoil that.  

You nailed it. 

Obviously if the opportunity to sign a 'top' striker comes along, we should take it. But they will have to understand what an uphill battle they face. Because we're not moving Watkins out of position and he is not surrendering that shirt for a very long time, IMO. 

We should be thankful we have one of the top 10 strikers in the league already, if not even better than that. 

• Like 3

Just reading that reportedly the  reason Edouard to Leicester has broken down was due to a so called “Rodgers-Tax” they levied to the fee after he walked out on them … May be BS but wouldn’t be surprised and makes sense they have moved onto Daka. I’d be offering them £15mill plus Hourihane. 

• Like 1