Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

Get yourself a decent iptv provider. Get all games and only around £50-60 a year

Is there one? The one I used had “technical issues” and went off line for about 3 months with no compensation (of course) and zero support - any questions and you were threatened with being cut off!

Happy for any suggestions?

Edited by thunderball

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Luiz is still here, with agreement expired, so I never understood this " glorified loan " jibe.

At the end of a loan, the player HAS to go back to their parent club.

Correct, glorified loan intends to acknowledge the fact that it is more than a loan, as you have described, but you are from having 100% ownership of that player. In the case of Luiz, if Man City wanted him before the date, he would be a Man City player right now. 

Similarly, Isak will most likely end up being a Dortmund player again if his form continues. There also doesn’t appear to be an expiry on Dortmund’s buy back clause.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah we are more more lucky Luiz decided to be sub par this season.... lol

All a part of his genius plan possibly haha

Can you imagine if next season he's totally world class now the clause has expired.

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Is there one? The one I used had “technical issues” and went off line for about 3 months with no compensation (of course) and zero support - any questions and you were threatened with being cut off!

Happy for any suggestions?

There are a few good ones that are long-standing providers to people on the villa Facebook pages mate. I’ve had mine for 3 years now

• Thanks 1

Still have a lot of work to do in the transfer market, hard to predict what's going to happen because most positions you can make a case for us needing to strengthen and not needing to strengthen. We could potentially still be in for a goal keeper, a central defender, a left back, a midfielder of some sort, and a striker.

36 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He suggested Toney when he was at Peterborough. Please keep up. 

Toney won the League One golden boot and player of the year whilst at Peterborough following a rumoured £600,000 move (big money for league one). 

He was a well known player whilst there and it's the equivalent of me suggesting Jonson Clarke - Harris. 

Toney also won the golden boot with Brentford which I think is confusing you. 

Please actually answer my question and highlight a genuine unknown player as I want to be impressed.

Has he suggested a Mahrez or a Kante whilst they're playing in Ligue 2 or has anyone been signed by Crewe (I think that's where he works as a scout) based off his recommendations that I can keep an eye out for. 

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Toney won the League One golden boot and player of the year whilst at Peterborough following a rumoured £600,000 move (big money for league one). 

He was a well known player whilst there and it's the equivalent of me suggesting Jonson Clarke - Harris. 

Please actually answer my question and highlight a genuine unknown player as I want to be impressed.

Has he suggested a Mahrez or a Kante whilst they're playing in Ligue 2 or has anyone been signed by Crewe (I think that's where he works as a scout) based off his recommendations that I can keep an eye out for. 

Hakim Ziyech at Twente.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think I said it already.

If he wants to claim talents on here, create a thread where all players are mentioned, thus flops and successes are seen.

Right now he's just going back on some players while talking up heaps. Like I said, if you throw enough mud. 

He didn't, I mentioned that any players he mentions are worth taking note of because players he's mentioned before he's been on the money with. If you scroll up you'll see the post I made.

If scouting is that easy I suggest you become a scout too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Hakim Ziyech at Twente.

Interesting one as he was great for Ajax but again not exactly unknown as I think they paid about £3m for him. He's also not had the best season at Chelsea this year. 

I genuinely want to be impressed here as people have said he has a real eye for a player and that Villa should listen to him. 

Did we bid for Smith Rowe because we want a No.10, or just because he's such a good prospect that if we thought there might be a chance of getting him then we'd have to bid for him regardless of whether Smith feels we need another No.10 or not. We've lost Barkley and Hourihane may well be leaving too, so wouldn't be the biggest surprise if we were in for another attacking midfielder.

I wonder if the pre season games will be streamed, will be interesting watching the new signings and some of the U23 prospects all playing together, as I'm sure the likes of Chukwuemeka, Barry, and Philogene-Bidace and Kesler Hayden will feature heavily, maybe a few of the others too.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Did we bid for Smith Rowe because we want a No.10, or just because he's such a good prospect that if we thought there might be a chance of getting him then we'd have to bid for him regardless of whether Smith feels we need another No.10 or not. We've lost Barkley and Hourihane may well be leaving too, so wouldn't be the biggest surprise if we were in for another attacking midfielder.

I think any opportunities to take a top talent who fits in with our player remit who for what ever reason, would be cheaper than normal, we may try and obtain.

Be it contract negotiations stalling, club in financial trouble, unhappy player or what ever. 

It may only be this season we could take advantage of our cash flow, over most other teams.

We did similar with Buendia, I think despite promotion Norwich were desperate for the money hence Webber pretty much advertising the fact that their best players were for sale at the right price.

I wrote this in the ESR If we were to sign Smith-Rowe that would be a huge. To take a top prospect from a traditional sky 6 team would be a next level signing and a show of intent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Ok point taken but whilst he may not of been plucked from obscurity, league 1 Peterborough are fairly low in the pile in the great scheme of things. 

Whilst the ultimate find might be to spot a none league gem, in practical terms we will be fishing in higher level waters. I believe the work done with recruitment for development players is the future of the club. We’re continuing to invest heavily at this level and I’m sure we’ll reap the rewards in the short and longer term future. 

With regards to the poster you’ve originally posted about, he’s a professional scout who has been good enough to share his thoughts about certain players with us less informed mortals. I don’t really see the need to question his knowledge or professional integrity. This isn’t a job interview. 

• Like 4