Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Wonder if we’re still interested in this guy… links since we got promoted and resurfaced a few times…

Any good? Seems a powerhouse 

I suspect we’re looking at a different market/profile now but maybe we’ll make a move…

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes. Saliba would be a class signinf.

It would be a great move… isn’t/wasn’t he rated more than Fofana?

Not been in favour and apparently Arteta is not a fan, we could make them regret it in the same way we did with Emi…. would be an intelligent move plus they are becoming a bit of a feeder club for us now 🤣

Andersen was Lyons record signing in 2019 €30m and then goes out on loan to Fulham. Very strange. Assume with Engels gone we'll be getting CB cover and Lyon finances like French teams not great right? Played in PL so ticks the boxes that have been mentioned

42 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Apparently Spurs low-balled Frankfurt with €5M offer for Daichi Kamada - Frankfurt want €25M. Sevilla also interested.

I really hope we aren’t restricting ourselves by overly adhering to the British based players approach… there’s many exciting moves out there to be made, potential stars we could bring in… plenty of time left and I’m still excited to see who and how many we bring in. I think we really mean business…

chuffed with Buendia but I am greedy 😆

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder if we’re still interested in this guy… links since we got promoted and resurfaced a few times…

Any good? Seems a powerhouse 

I suspect we’re looking at a different market/profile now but maybe we’ll make a move…

He’s not a footballer, he’s a one man wrecking machine from that video.  McGinns backside has nothing on this guy.  Love the attitude of “get out of the way, the ball is mine”

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If some folk wrote off Traore based almost entirely on bad reports from Lyon fans then I've got bad news about Andersenfor you...

I'm interested. Sky Sports article from May says Spurs interested. He's 2nd behind Coady for accurate long balls(6 per 90 mins) for CBs that played significant minutes but also =1st for inaccurate long balls(6.6 per 90 mins) tied with Mings :lol:

Edited by Kiwivillan

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I really hope we aren’t restricting ourselves by overly adhering to the British based players approach… there’s many exciting moves out there to be made, potential stars we could bring in… plenty of time left and I’m still excited to see who and how many we bring in. I think we really mean business…

chuffed with Buendia but I am greedy 😆

Kamada would mean we would have 4 players (Jack, Buendia, Kamada, Traore) who could comfortably play across LW RW and CAM and all offer something a bit different.

If this £25M bid for Smith-Rowe is legit, Kamada would be £5M cheaper, more prolific and better at defending. Between him and Buendia we would have two of the best creative players who also do the defensive work in the league.

Edited by KangarooVillan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

If sergio ramos goes to man utd then axel tuanzebe would surely be sold. We would be a good chance of landing him now engels is gone.

Or loaned.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

He’s not a footballer, he’s a one man wrecking machine from that video.  McGinns backside has nothing on this guy.  Love the attitude of “get out of the way, the ball is mine”

I never thought I would say this but he looks too physical, I can imagine cards and penalties......

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's the obsession with Tuanzebe? 586 mins last 2 seasons for Man U. Decent for us in Championship but had some horror games. Absolute shambles in defence for Forest 5-5 game

a fresh start in a positive but familiar atmosphere might be what he needs. We need someone to come in for engels who wont be signed as first choice starter. Its not an obsession its a suggestion for a player the club knows in a position we need to fill 

27 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's the obsession with Tuanzebe? 586 mins last 2 seasons for Man U. Decent for us in Championship but had some horror games. Absolute shambles in defence for Forest 5-5 game

Cheap, easy to get and an instant improvement on Engels.

Thats it.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Cheap, easy to get and an instant improvement on Engels.

Thats it.

The question would be is he the best option available for the price?

If he’s coming in as backup/to challenge for a spot, surely one of the key criteria would be that he is available when required.

Considering he’s been injured for 97 days or more in each of the last 3 seasons that would be no from me.

Surely there is better out there?

Edited by KangarooVillan
  • Like 1

I know Philips will likely never move from Leeds as he’s their Grealish, but he is essentially the number 6 that we really are crying out for. 

Edit: I do like Luiz and Nakamba but I have the feeling we need more in that position. And actually that Luiz isn’t actually best playing as a number 6.

Edited by alreadyexists