Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, Indigo said:

If some folk wrote off Traore based almost entirely on bad reports from Lyon fans then I've got bad news about Andersenfor you...

Was incredible what happened to him at Lyon. Form totally collapsed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I never thought I would say this but he looks too physical, I can imagine cards and penalties......

According to his stats last season in 28 games he had 4 yellows and 0 red cards. So he’s either lucky, clever or he can tackle properly. Obviously he’d still get sent off against Man U. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm interested. Sky Sports article from May says Spurs interested. He's 2nd behind Coady for accurate long balls(6 per 90 mins) for CBs that played significant minutes but also =1st for inaccurate long balls(6.6 per 90 mins) tied with Mings :lol:

Given that Spurs are getting turned down by every manager possible at the moment would you expect any player to want to sign for them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am sure I read somewhere that Roma will turn their attention to Luiz if they fail to land the other midfielder they're looking to sign.

I read that too. I would be surprised if he left this summer but the fact that he hasn’t yet signed a new contract is interesting. 

Be really, really surprised if Roma spent what would be a club record £35m-£40m this summer to bring in a CM. Luiz or anyone else.

And I can't see why we would let Luiz go for less.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Kamada would mean we would have 4 players (Jack, Buendia, Kamada, Traore) who could comfortably play across LW RW and CAM and all offer something a bit different.

If this £25M bid for Smith-Rowe is legit, Kamada would be £5M cheaper, more prolific and better at defending. Between him and Buendia we would have two of the best creative players who also do the defensive work in the league.

I’m all for it, I would still love De Arrascaeta.

@Villan4Life rates Kamada highly so

image.jpeg.a11f56a340588d0ce2d9b76b9bb4e09a.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I know Philips will likely never move from Leeds as he’s their Grealish, but he is essentially the number 6 that we really are crying out for. 

Edit: I do like Luiz and Nakamba but I have the feeling we need more in that position. And actually that Luiz isn’t actually best playing as a number 6.

I don't think Phillips is anything special, personally. I'd rather go for Sarr,  who just might be very special and would cost a lot less.

9 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Apparently Spurs low-balled Frankfurt with €5M offer for Daichi Kamada - Frankfurt want €25M. Sevilla also interested.

Looks a real talent, ice cool isn’t he? My favourite kind of player…

Better than Kubo?

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I read that too. I would be surprised if he left this summer but the fact that he hasn’t yet signed a new contract is interesting. 

Confident he will, plenty of time left and he’s away with Brazil for now.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Apologies to @Villain4Life, i keep seeing this said, but why? Itk or something?

He’s a pro scout with a very very long list of successes in spotting players that go on to become top performers. Just needs a break with a top club, and he’d soon be recognised as one of the best around. 

@Villain4Life will no doubt have a host of examples of players he tipped for big things and has been on the money. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

He’s a pro scout with a very very long list of successes in spotting players that go on to become top performers. Just needs a break with a top club, and he’d soon be recognised as one of the best around. 

@Villain4Life will no doubt have a host of examples of players he tipped for big things and has been on the money. 

Fair play. My school report always said "must pay more attention"

42 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looks a real talent, ice cool isn’t he? My favourite kind of player…

Better than Kubo?

He is, even put two magnificent goals past Emi against Arsenal in 2019/20.

More prolific than Kubo at this stage in terms of goals and assists and expected goals and assists. For these numbers he’s basically on par with Grealish (see below).

Different to Kubo and Grealish in that he doesn’t carry the ball as much (although when he does it’s wonderful to watch) - his game seems to be more ball retention and passing. Grealish also makes more key passes.

To me, this just says he’s very efficient at what he does to generate score involvements.

His defensive numbers are off the charts compared to the other two.

D0EE024B-9627-4590-B682-AE6DC01E7413.jpeg

Edited by KangarooVillan
  • Shocked 1