Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed.

But let's not bring in an inferior striker who is happy to draw is salary and sit on the bench. We need someone to push Olly.

I agree, it has to be somebody who pushes Ollie and if he pushes Ollie out then that can only be a good thing.  Ollie is going nowhere but we play enough games that somebody can and will get minutes through injury, through tactics, formation adjustments, form or just different style.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, it has to be somebody who pushes Ollie and if he pushes Ollie out then that can only be a good thing.  Ollie is going nowhere but we play enough games that somebody can and will get minutes through injury, through tactics, formation adjustments, form or just different style.

Spurs have made junk back up striker signings after junk back up striker signings for 3-4 seasons then Kane gets injured and they shift Son into CF. No point really just saying 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Creeper said:

Seen a guy on twitter who called a lot of deals last year say we're getting Joachim Andersen in. 

I wanted him in last summer.

Went to Fulham and despite them going down their defensive record was pretty good in the 30 games he started. Quickly became their captain so good leadership skills.

Hasn't worked out for him at Lyon so they'll move him on for around 20m.

My only issue though is I'd be surprised if he went somewhere where he'd just be back up and he would be here unless we don't bother getting in RB and so Konsa will shift over to RB for 5-10 games with Cash getting suspensions so Andersen would get starts that way.

With Denmark currently so doubt anything will be done until they get knocked out but another very decent player we're looking at. get him in and we'd be very strong at CB with Hause effectively fourth choice and he was excellent in pretty much every game last season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

If we are not looking to buy that Swedish striker Alex Isak, then we need to take a long hard look at ourselves. That lad oozes class and quality - right up our street, and would suit the premiership down to the ground.
Fits the profile too, and couldnt be 'that' expensive surely... even with a good few games at the Euros?

We should've looked at him in summer 2019. That's when he signed for Real Sociedad for 7m while we got Wesley in for 20 odd million.

He is now first choice for a team who's finished 5th in La Liga so will be playing europa next year again and they won Copa Del Rey this season aswell so can't quite see him leaving all that just to be Ollie's backup here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

He’s a pro scout with a very very long list of successes in spotting players that go on to become top performers. Just needs a break with a top club, and he’d soon be recognised as one of the best around. 

@Villain4Life will no doubt have a host of examples of players he tipped for big things and has been on the money. 

My favourite was Hakim Ziyech. What a cracking player he turned out to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We should've looked at him in summer 2019. That's when he signed for Real Sociedad for 7m while we got Wesley in for 20 odd million.

He is now first choice for a team who's finished 5th in La Liga so will be playing europa next year again and they won Copa Del Rey this season aswell so can't quite see him leaving all that just to be Ollie's backup here.

Has a €70m release clause and Dortmund has a €30m buy back clause. Not happening.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Think the key for next season's backup striker is someone DS has total faith to throw on after an hour in games that are in the balance.

So many times last season in games we were losing and Davis wouldn't come on until after 80 minutes (we'd usually put on both wide players on the bench before him) so we need someone DS can look at around 60th minute and think yep he'll quickly get into pace of game and get us a goal.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Has a €70m release clause and Dortmund has a €30m buy back clause. Not happening.

Yes I know. I meant we should've looked at him in summer 2019 when he was only costing 7m for La Real to buy. Indeed he spent most of the first season as general backup to  Willian Jose so fits with a few of the signings we made that summer.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Buy back clause though for Dortmund.

Basically a glorified loan - like what we did with Luiz.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yes I know. I meant we should've looked at him in summer 2019 when he was only costing 7m for La Real to buy. Indeed he spent most of the first season as general backup to  Willian Jose so fits with a few of the signings we made that summer.

Yeah I agree with you. Times has come and gone sadly.

We might have been able to pay more to not have that buy back clause in the deal as well.

• Like 1

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

In his two years with Real Sociedad he's contributed double figures both seasons and they've finished 6th and 5th and won Copa Del Rey. Also made last 16 of europa.

I could certainly live with that type of glorified loan contribution from someone in next two seasons! Miles better than the hyped loans of Drinkwater and Barkley which added very little.

7 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

The question would be is he the best option available for the price?

If he’s coming in as backup/to challenge for a spot, surely one of the key criteria would be that he is available when required.

Considering he’s been injured for 97 days or more in each of the last 3 seasons that would be no from me.

Surely there is better out there?

For less than 10m? Doubt it.

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Would Tuanzebe want to move from never playing for Man United to never playing for us?

Well you are going from soon to be what 5th choice to 3rd? 1 injury or drop of form or formation change and he is playing regularly here.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, paul514 said:

For less than 10m? Doubt it.

Tosin from Fulham. Is available for 10 flat. Given he is only 2 mil more and way less injury prone which is pretty important for a backup I would prefer him. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Luiz is still here, with agreement expired, so I never understood this " glorified loan " jibe.

At the end of a loan, the player HAS to go back to their parent club.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In his two years with Real Sociedad he's contributed double figures both seasons and they've finished 6th and 5th and won Copa Del Rey. Also made last 16 of europa.

I could certainly live with that type of glorified loan contribution from someone in next two seasons! Miles better than the hyped loans of Drinkwater and Barkley which added very little.

Fair enough - can’t argue with that.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 😊

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Luiz is still here, with agreement expired, so I never understood this " glorified loan " jibe.

At the end of a loan, the player HAS to go back to their parent club.

Fair enough - but with the clause the ultimate control of the player was always with Citeh - for 2 years. We're lucky they didn't call that in. 

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fair enough - but with the clause the ultimate control of the player was always with Citeh - for 2 years. We're lucky they didn't call that in. 

Nah we are more more lucky Luiz decided to be sub par this season.... lol

All a part of his genius plan possibly haha

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just checked my bank app. Actually $25 a month but that's still crazy cheap compared to Sky has charged for years

Except the games are on at 3am. I suspect they would struggle to find buyers if they charged any more. 

In Australia you get all the Premier League matches for free with your phone contract 😆

• Like 2