Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

He is, even put two magnificent goals past Emi against Arsenal in 2019/20.

More prolific than Kubo at this stage in terms of goals and assists and expected goals and assists. For these numbers he’s basically on par with Grealish:

Different to Kubo and Grealish in that he doesn’t carry the ball as much (although when he does it’s wonderful to watch) - his game seems to be more ball retention and passing. Grealish also makes more key passes.

To me, this just says he’s very efficient at what he does to generate score involvements.

His defensive numbers are off the charts compared to the other two.

D0EE024B-9627-4590-B682-AE6DC01E7413.jpeg

I meant more in terms of talent than stats (impressive) but he’s clearly a good player… the kind of move we should make ahead of other teams… I would like it if we picked up potential stars and beat other clubs to the punch. Again, I hope we’re not restricting ourselves to the British market… would end up missing out on these kinds of players…

Bringing in a popular Japanese player would help on the commercial front too…

Wait, he score against Emi??? Get him in! 😆

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looks a real talent, ice cool isn’t he? My favourite kind of player…

Better than Kubo?

Completely different in terms of comparison.

Kamada had 15 assists and 5 goals in 32 appearances last season, Kubo had 2 goal and 4 assist in 37 appearances, although to be fair Kubo played 1500 minutes versus 2500 for Kamada , but tbh it doesnt matter as Kamada's stats for the season were insane.

Kamada is 25 in August, where Kubo has just turned 20.

I think on balance, Kamada is a proven quality player, where as Kubo is currently a high potential player, who is yet to actually deliver anything beyond being skillful (ie: he isnt a goal or assist machine - yet).

Personally, i would want Kamada (not saying Kubo isnt good - but he is just potential right now), Kamada looks to be proven quality, and if we had someone like Kamada playing with Grealish & Buendia.......😍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Come on, let’s get him. Why the hell would he want to go to Spurs? 😆

Based on how cheeky we've been this window, could see us telling Spurs they can have him if they accept our bid for Son. lol

• Like 1

I can only assume this Daka fella is good on FIFA.

Our issue with signing a striker this summer, which we should and I’m confident we will, is that they either need to be obviously better than Watkins, which seems like a pipe dream, or be prepared to play second fiddle. Because that lad isn’t doing anything but improving next season.

I don’t think a known talent like an Isak or an Edouard is remotely realistic unless they are given some assurances of game time, and I’m just not seeing how that’s achievable. We’re not quite ‘there’ yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

He’s a pro scout with a very very long list of successes in spotting players that go on to become top performers. Just needs a break with a top club, and he’d soon be recognised as one of the best around. 

@Villain4Life will no doubt have a host of examples of players he tipped for big things and has been on the money. 

Fantastic if he has found some genuine unknowns who have gone on to do well. What examples are there? 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

He’s a pro scout with a very very long list of successes in spotting players that go on to become top performers. Just needs a break with a top club, and he’d soon be recognised as one of the best around. 

@Villain4Life will no doubt have a host of examples of players he tipped for big things and has been on the money. 

Problem with this is they rarely mention the host of players they talked about that never amounted to anything. Or to put it differently... if you throw enough shit at the wall, some will stick.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I can only assume this Daka fella is good on FIFA.

Our issue with signing a striker this summer, which we should and I’m confident we will, is that they either need to be obviously better than Watkins, which seems like a pipe dream, or be prepared to play second fiddle. Because that lad isn’t doing anything but improving next season.

I don’t think a known talent like an Isak or an Edouard is remotely realistic unless they are given some assurances of game time, and I’m just not seeing how that’s achievable. We’re not quite ‘there’ yet.

If the opportunity to sign a top striker comes along we should take it.

Let two top strikers fight it out for the starting place. If the prospective purchase isn't confident of displacing Watkins that's his choice.

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Problem with this is they rarely mention the host of players they talked about that never amounted to anything. Or to put it differently... if you throw enough shit at the wall, some will stick.

Having kept a keen interest in his various suggestions over the last couple of years, I have found that his hits exceed any misses. That is why the majority of us sit up and take notice, when he recommends a player. 

Edited by John
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, hippo said:

If the opportunity to sign a top striker comes along we should take it.

Let two top strikers fight it out for the starting place. If the prospective purchase isn't confident of displacing Watkins that's his choice.

I think I follow what the previous poster was getting at. Leicester can make that striker signing because they know Vardy is pretty much done playing every match. They even played 2 up top for awhile so they have playing time available to entice a younger signing. 

If someone like Daka looks at our setup. One striker upfront and the first choice is a T1000 that never gets injured. Might not be as attractive a proposition. 

Dean has to ensure that whoever we bring in is fine competing for a spot but also cool with spending some time on the bench if he loses out. Our team harmony is so good right now. Definitely don't want to spoil that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Fantastic if he has found some genuine unknowns who have gone on to do well. What examples are there? 

Ivan Toney was suggest by @Villan4Life when he was playing at Peterborough.

Now in the Premier League with Brentford after finishing top scorer in the championship last season.

That's just one example.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ivan Toney was suggest by @Villan4Life when he was playing at Peterborough.

Now in the Premier League with Brentford after finishing top scorer in the championship last season.

That's just one example.

Toney is a great player and definitely worth recommending but not exactly an unknown.

He was top scorer and player of the season in league one. 

Are there any other examples? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maddison too.

When was Maddison recommended? If it was whilst at Coventry that would be great. Although, Harry Redknapp did spot him playing for their reserves and said he'd be a star so again maybe not a complete unknown. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I meant more in terms of talent than stats (impressive) but he’s clearly a good player… the kind of move we should make ahead of other teams… I would like it if we picked up potential stars and beat other clubs to the punch. Again, I hope we’re not restricting ourselves to the British market… would end up missing out on these kinds of players…

Bringing in a popular Japanese player would help on the commercial front too…

Wait, he score against Emi??? Get him in! 😆

As @MaVilla stated below - it’s hard to compare considering where they’re both at in their retrospective careers. If I had to choose one right now though it would be Kamada hands down. He’s quality now with lots of room to be even better.

Kubo has the higher pedigree (Real Madrid) but is more speculative at this point. 

I hope you’re right regarding not restricting ourselves to British market. It has served us very well in the past, but Leicester has shown in the past how successful the right players from abroad can be at competitively discounted prices.

53 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I think I follow what the previous poster was getting at. Leicester can make that striker signing because they know Vardy is pretty much done playing every match. They even played 2 up top for awhile so they have playing time available to entice a younger signing. 

If someone like Daka looks at our setup. One striker upfront and the first choice is a T1000 that never gets injured. Might not be as attractive a proposition. 

Dean has to ensure that whoever we bring in is fine competing for a spot but also cool with spending some time on the bench if he loses out. Our team harmony is so good right now. Definitely don't want to spoil that.  

Agreed.

But let's not bring in an inferior striker who is happy to draw is salary and sit on the bench. We need someone to push Olly.

You mention Leicester/vardy - but inechao has been his understudy for many years. - 2 quality forwards.

• Like 1