Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I didn't really pay any attention to Joachim Anderson. Any good? 

Same question from me tbh. Can anyone summarize his strengths and rate him as a player?

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Same question from me tbh. Can anyone summarize his strengths and rate him as a player?

He’s really good at football but when he’s mad he starts singing “suddenly” ...

...(sorry, showing my age, anyone else remember angry Anderson and that neighbours tune!!!!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

...(sorry, showing my age, anyone else remember angry Anderson and that neighbours tune!!!!)

Solidarity with a fellow old ‘un.  I remember.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Yep I remember that one!

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just reading that reportedly the  reason Edouard to Leicester has broken down was due to a so called “Rodgers-Tax” they levied to the fee after he walked out on them … May be BS but wouldn’t be surprised and makes sense they have moved onto Daka. I’d be offering them £15mill plus Hourihane. 

Is that more or less than the McGinn tax?

12 hours ago, villanmac said:

Hes used to having a full back with a brain playing like alongside him who instinctively would be there. It was scary how thick Shaw was, literally stands right next to Grealish, its those parts of the game that are so underrated, the likes of Targett and Chilwell make it look so easy you dont even give them credit for it. 

Shaw was one of the best attacking full backs in the league. He destroyed us at Villa park. Cant really judge him on one international game when most the team were shit. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Looked at his stats and 2nd in league behind Coady for most accurate long balls per 90(removed players that played minimal minutes).

Down side =1st for most inaccurate long balls tied with.... Tyrone Mings :lol:

His YouTube highlights last season are mostly spraying long balls that find a teammate

12 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Except the games are on at 3am. I suspect they would struggle to find buyers if they charged any more. 

In Australia you get all the Premier League matches for free with your phone contract 😆

Only your on an Optus plan, but they’re an overpriced garbage telco. You can pay a subscription with them though for $15 AUD/month or $99 for the year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The right side. 

Ironically I stood on the left side but I sit on the right side so if it comes to a Holte End Civil War I will be somewhat Bipolar 

4 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Only your on an Optus plan, but they’re an overpriced garbage telco. You can pay a subscription with them though for $15 AUD/month or $99 for the year.

Yes but if you have a Fetch box you can watch on TV. $14.95 each month is pretty good to watch every match each weekend. It used to be free on FOX sports but how often did you get a Villa game live?? only against the top teams, so far better than before.

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just reading that reportedly the  reason Edouard to Leicester has broken down was due to a so called “Rodgers-Tax” they levied to the fee after he walked out on them … May be BS but wouldn’t be surprised and makes sense they have moved onto Daka. I’d be offering them £15mill plus Hourihane. 

The problem is any striker coming in knows Watkins is a Smith favourite and his star is ascending, and he is being given time to blossom because he has shown that promise. We would be a difficult destination for any striker with something to prove, he is unlikely to get many minutes if he doesnt start banging them in at his first chance, the premier league and our expectation (due to spending) doesnt allow for it. Smith will start feeling the heat next season if the project stutters, and if our most recent season was repeated but back to front, Smith would run the risk of being gone by January. It’s small margins at this level and this ambition, every position above where we are stakes some reeling in and consistencty.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shaw was one of the best attacking full backs in the league. He destroyed us at Villa park. Cant really judge him on one international game when most the team were shit. 

In fairness, Shaw is comfortably the best left full back in the league, and that is some accolade given the quality in the division at the moment. 

Southgate is a confused mess at the moment. I thought his World Cup was a real emergence of an intelligent if limited manager working with what he had. He now has probably the best squad of players for a competition we have had in my memory, with at least 3 world class players which is about as good as it gets. Yet he cannot play to our strengths. Shaw in the starting 11 is a no brainier whether playing 4 of 5 at the back.

• Like 1