Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The problem is any striker coming in knows Watkins is a Smith favourite and his star is ascending, and he is being given time to blossom because he has shown that promise. We would be a difficult destination for any striker with something to prove, he is unlikely to get many minutes if he doesnt start banging them in at his first chance, the premier league and our expectation (due to spending) doesnt allow for it. Smith will start feeling the heat next season if the project stutters, and if our most recent season was repeated but back to front, Smith would run the risk of being gone by January. It’s small margins at this level and this ambition, every position above where we are stakes some reeling in and consistencty.

I don’t see any problem with that. Any striker coming in will have to back themselves to be number one and be better than the person in possession of the shirt. That’s how you grow as a club. It will also push Watkins to improve.

Man Utd had Cole Sheringham and Solksjaer, they still went out and took Yorke from us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t see any problem with that. Any striker coming in will have to back themselves to be number one and be better than the person in possession of the shirt. That’s how you grow as a club. It will also push Watkins to improve.

Man Utd had Cole Sheringham and Solksjaer, they still went out and took Yorke from us. 

Yes, but didn’t Ferguson play 4-4-2 which gave him more options for an additional forward?

40 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yes but if you have a Fetch box you can watch on TV. $14.95 each month is pretty good to watch every match each weekend. It used to be free on FOX sports but how often did you get a Villa game live?? only against the top teams, so far better than before.

Yeah their browser web application sucks - on mobile it’s okay but they also have an Xbox app which I use ☺️

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Yes, but didn’t Ferguson play 4-4-2 which gave him more options for an additional forward?

He still had 4 forwards for two positions. We could easily have 2 (I think Wesley needs a loan to get fully fit) quality forwards for 1 position 

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He still had 4 forwards for two positions. We could easily have 2 (I think Wesley needs a loan to get fully fit) quality forwards for 1 position 

If Wesley is serious about a career here, and improving, I'd hope he'd be putting in extra training, earlier than everyone else, and also be the first in for pre season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You want him to mine for tin ore? There’ll be bloody great holes all over BMH. 

Smith said he wants Wes to play in the hole this season with Ollie up top 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The most shocking thing about that graphic is actually that Adam Lyth was unbeaten at the end of the days play whilst staying ahead of the required rate. 

Miracles people, miracles. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyone seen much of Sinisalo? Was on loan at Ayr United.

Could he be involved in the squad, become our 3rd choice? Onodi looks promising too…

If we give him a new contract it’s a clear indication that we’re selling Jack. 

• Haha 2