Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Despite the wages, a 'two Aaron Ramseys' chant would be great. 

Half a million a week each (Ramsey and Bale) and they spend most of their time on the treatment table. What a collosal waste of money they are. 

6 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Asked for information? Like what? Shoe size? Bowel motion frequency? Inside leg measurement? Bizzare statement

Did you reply to me by accident?

If Leicester are no longer signing Edouard then I feel he's someone we should look to sign, especially if it's true that he's available for as little as £15m. Don't think we would have been interested in Daka, Leicester are signing him as first choice, whereas we already have our first choice centre-forward, Edouard is someone we might be able to bring in as a rotational option.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, useless said:

If Leicester are no longer signing Edouard then I feel he's someone we should look to sign, especially if it's true that he's available for as little as £15m. Don't think we would have been interested in Daka, Leicester are signing him as first choice, whereas we already have our first choice centre-forward, Edouard is someone we might be able to bring in as a rotational option.

Although he seems cheap, for saying we were meant to be pretty advanced in discussions with Celtic there must have been something stupid they wanted in the deal to put us off and make us move for Daka instead

Also Edouard apparently wants paying more than whatever Daka is after, can't see him being happy with a rotation option to be honest

Daka is a great signing for Leicester. Him and Soumare are going to make them genuine contenders again next year. Particularly if the improved form of Iheanacho continues and another years development for the likes of Justin and Fofana.

They're going to be a force.

• Thanks 1

Sidenote: it's pretty outrageous Leicester have gotten Daka with no Champions League football considering the Sky 6 after him. We had no chance. We're getting there slowly, but we need to realise that we are a way behind Leicester still. 

Their model is our model, we're making good strides and doing well to improve again... but they have this shit down pat. Beautifully run club. I hope we can still be improving in the way they have and are in 5 years time.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, useless said:

This. If we are really going for it this summer another striker is a must. Edouard for £15m is a no-brainer. Bring him in to fight for a place with Watkins. If he gets in on merit, great. If Watkins is playing so well he has to make do with sitting on the bench for a bit, great.

There is part of me wondering that if Daka is that good why are Leicester signing him and not some champions league team, of course I know that champions league teams can't sign all the best players and very good players can sign for players lower down the table, otherwise we'd be in trouble ourselves, but if he was as good as is being made out you'd think he'd be going to a better team.

His goal scoring record in Austrian football looks phenomenal, but not so much so in Europe, one goal in ten in the champions league, and two goals in nine in the Europa League.

I'd be very happy with Eduaord but you have to be sceptical of going after someone that Leicester appear to have turned their noses up at late in negotiations, especially as I'd have thought Rodgers would want to reunite with him.

Celtic playing silly games, or the player has had his head turned I imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Lille are sniffing around. 

24 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Although he seems cheap, for saying we were meant to be pretty advanced in discussions with Celtic there must have been something stupid they wanted in the deal to put us off and make us move for Daka instead

Also Edouard apparently wants paying more than whatever Daka is after, can't see him being happy with a rotation option to be honest

Daka and Soumare, you guys are really doing some brilliant deals, likewise over the last years. Can't remember a signing you failed with over the last years, some have been absolutely super signings. What's the secret?

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Gutted about Daka, he is top quality that we should have been after

Forget about Daka, rally around our next signing. 

• Haha 1

So after signing Young and Buendia, what positions do people still want us to sign players in? And what kind of player for those positions?

I still think we need a good attacking midfielder to provide competition for places and squad depth and I'd like us to sign someone to compete with Konsa for the right footed centre back spot.

I think we need to move on Engels, Trezeguet and loan out one of Wesley or Davis as they won't get game time with Watkins ahead of them both. I think Trezeguet is out for a while so he may not move on this season. 

Then it looks like it's a case of getting some of the younger lads out on loan to good clubs where they'll be trained properly and get plenty of game time. 

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sidenote: it's pretty outrageous Leicester have gotten Daka with no Champions League football considering the Sky 6 after him. We had no chance. We're getting there slowly, but we need to realise that we are a way behind Leicester still. 

Their model is our model, we're making good strides and doing well to improve again... but they have this shit down pat. Beautifully run club. I hope we can still be improving in the way they have and are in 5 years time.

We are seeing a power shift from North London to the Midlands. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, skarroki said:

So after signing Young and Buendia, what positions do people still want us to sign players in? And what kind of player for those positions?

A quality CDM and a 6 / 8 hybrid. Basically Sarr and JWP. I’m not bothered about another 10 type ACM. If Engels goes then another right footed CB, and being really greedy a LW/LF but I don’t see that happening unless a target of opportunity pops up. 

Wes will likely get a chance to prove himself unless he looks really bad in pre-season.

If our window is Buendia, Young, Sarr & JWP (2 as guaranteed starters), we’d be in great shape. 

The Aaron Ramsey one is odd, wonder if he’s a stalking horse to flush out another club/player we’re interested in…