Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Everyone is suddenly saying Edouard again. Has there been a link or is it just because the Leicester move has seemingly fallen through with them going for Daka?

If we could get him for 20m and sell Wes for 12-14m then I’d do it, but sounds like Celtic are being bellends. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Everyone is suddenly saying Edouard again. Has there been a link or is it just because the Leicester move has seemingly fallen through with them going for Daka?

Think people are just intrigued, if a player of that calibre that doesn't really demand a crazy fee becomes available, it is definitely worth looking at

Edited by pete101
Auto spelllllllllllllllll

We were heavily linked with Edouard last season and by relatively reliable sources including John Percy, so he's obviously a player that we've previously held an interest in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

So after signing Young and Buendia, what positions do people still want us to sign players in? And what kind of player for those positions?

I still think we need a good attacking midfielder to provide competition for places and squad depth and I'd like us to sign someone to compete with Konsa for the right footed centre back spot.

I think we need to move on Engels, Trezeguet and loan out one of Wesley or Davis as they won't get game time with Watkins ahead of them both. I think Trezeguet is out for a while so he may not move on this season. 

Then it looks like it's a case of getting some of the younger lads out on loan to good clubs where they'll be trained properly and get plenty of game time. 

Depends on the budget, give me a budget and I'll give you the players.

50 minutes ago, Awol said:

If we could get him for 20m and sell Wes for 12-14m then I’d do it, but sounds like Celtic are being bellends. 

Well obviously but no one is going to give us that for Wes at this moment.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well fair enough, I asked :)

Aside from massive clubs willing to offer him a deal, the club he came through at is apparently offering a crazy 5 year deal.

There is a difference between getting a back up player who can cover a bunch of positions well for a couple of million for a 1 year deal and signing a player for 15m a year who is demanding a few years to sign. Nope, nada, no way.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Wonder if how many moves we have going on in the background.

Would sting watching Daka and Soumare go to Leicester.

I dunno, I have no idea how clubs REALLY go about their transfer business.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think that's the case with majority of journos regarding Villa under new regime

Sure, but I meant just the process.....

Do clubs have a list of 500 players then rank them and go after them in order? Is it more like 12 and you get them or you don't? and so on and so on..... there is dozens of combinations that could be mentioned

2 hours ago, Awol said:

They're being bellends because of the idiotic decision they made when they signed him. A 50% sell-on clause for PSG is madness.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think he can cover a few positions, LB, LM, LW, AM, SS, RW, RM, RB.

We've finally got a replacement for Simon Grayson.

As it stands, Young is also currently our substitute goalkeeper.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Sergio Ramos  on a one year deal like Young? Not a  rumour, just a thought.

He's a massive prick. And he'd also never come to us.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2