Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I’m pretty **** sick and tired of every article Gregg Evan’s writes having a closing tidbit of “of course all this ambition may be for nothing if City firm up their interest in Grealish and take him”.  Shove it up your arse Gregg you either have sources or you don’t, drop the incessant speculation 

Edited by Paulie
  • Like 4

Smith Rowe is a very tidy player with a lot of energy, can play left or centre as an attacking/creative midfielder. He would be a cracking player but I think a figure of £35m would be closer to his value in this market given his age. Maybe that lets them buy Ødegaard? You can only hope.... ESR would be a very, very good signing, I wonder really how serious and  persistent they will be, you never know if we offer a decent package and his agent turns his head? 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

My post wasn't directed at Smith or the club. I don’t believe any of the players I mentioned are genuinely being looked at. Over 30s are simply not part of our strategy, unless the cost and quality are high, like Heaton. The Heaton deal backfired, and actually became an example of the dangers of signing aging players. At 31 plus player 2 games a week will lead to injury and there is alway a heightened risk of injury. Bertrand for example has a history of knee and hamstring injuries. 

I feel like suggesting Bertrand or someone similar has upset you so I apologise for this. I'm also sorry if the rumours of Young turn out to be true and the club are thinking similar to how I am as you did mention how happy you are that I'm not in charge and that the people in charge don't think like me. 

Hopefully they think like you and are doing what they can to replace our player's player of the season with another left back a similar age to him, but much better. Throw our transfer budget behind a key position that needs filling.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I feel like suggesting Bertrand or someone similar has upset you so I apologise for this. I'm also sorry if the rumours of Young turn out to be true and the club are thinking similar to how I am as you did mention how happy you are that I'm not in charge and that the people in charge don't think like me. 

Hopefully they think like you and are doing what they can to replace our player's player of the season with another left back a similar age to him, but much better. Throw our transfer budget behind a key position that needs filling.

Drama Popcorn GIF

12 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I’m pretty **** sick and tired of every article Gregg Evan’s writes having a closing tidbit of “of course all this ambition may be for nothing if City firm up their interest in Grealish and take him”.  Shove it up your arse Gregg you either have sources or you don’t, drop the incessant speculation 

i am in the minority of people that actually like gregg evans' stuff. some of the articles etc he writes are really good as are the interviews with the former players he's done in the past

but this really winds me the **** up. he's been desperate for us to sell jack for ages and it's incredibly tiresome

i actually don't think he has any sources. i think there's a trusted list of journos that the club provide info to and he's not on it. he is the last to know about any transfer (including buendia recently) and it must annoy him...so he chucks in these nuggets about jack leaving any chance he gets to troll the club.

rather he just stopped attempting to report on current affairs regarding AVFC and stuck to these (well written) articles that don't require as much in terms of inside knowledge with the club

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, skarroki said:

When did I say replace him. It's about getting competition for places in every position and increasing the quality of the first team and squad, whether that's from player improving or better players coming. Increased competition mean having to work harder to keep your place and thus pushing players to improve. If the competition is too tough then a better player will emerge. 

I'm sorry if you don't understand this concept, I'm also sorry if you misconstrue what I'm saying and i apologise if you feel I'm am targeting you even if you aren't the only person to endorse a move for Bertrand or Young. 

Long live Dean Smith!

34 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bollocks. 1 goal 3 assists in LA Liga B 35 games and is 23.

If those 3 teams are really interested, he must be talented as those teams are very good at identifying raw talents. Doesn't mean he'll make.it, but maybe worth speculating on.

Dear Arsenal, we hear you need to sell to buy. We empathise with this predicament as this fine club were in such a situation back in 2011. As such we would like to help you out and offer £25 million of the queen's pounds sterling for Smith Rowe

and don't worry, we have bank accounts with money in them so we can just pay you the money straight up. 

We like the arrangement we began last year with you selling to us your best players one per summer and we hope this would be a fruitful arrangement going forward.

Best 

C Purslow

EDIT: Better to post in the dedicated Smith Rowe thread

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

When did I say replace him. It's about getting competition for places in every position and increasing the quality of the first team and squad, whether that's from player improving or better players coming. Increased competition mean having to work harder to keep your place and thus pushing players to improve. If the competition is too tough then a better player will emerge. 

I'm sorry if you don't understand this concept, I'm also sorry if you misconstrue what I'm saying and i apologise if you feel I'm am targeting you even if you aren't the only person to endorse a move for Bertrand or Young. 

Long live Dean Smith!

I don't understand why someone being good competition for places has to be under 24 though? And why worry about resale value on players who we'll bring in for free and have no intention of selling? 

We're being run by intelligent football people now this isn't a sell to buy, young and hungry club anymore. Equally we're not top 4, we can't sign 2 people of equal quality for each position for where we are as a side, even Liverpool don't have that as their injury crisis in defence showed. Who comes in if Robertson or TAA are injured? There's 2, maybe 3 sides in the league, possibly Europe that can boast 22 players that are good enough to play every game. 

I know the points you're making I just don't get the logic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Desperate for Grealish to leave. Tammy before that. Dickhead.

He's also a genuinely terrible writer. Compared to the rest of the athletic it's quite embarrassing his stuff.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's also a genuinely terrible writer. Compared to the rest of the athletic it's quite embarrassing his stuff.

Yeah. We seriously have the weakest coverage on there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah. We seriously have the weakest coverage on there. 

I started subscribing a couple of months ago and have now removed Aston Villa as an interest on there as I can't stand his writing. It's such a shame compared to the writing other teams get and the podcasts available. Dan Bardell is great and carries our Villa podcast in my opinion. 

His writing makes it seem as if he knows as much about what's happening at the club as the average fan which is disappointing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd imagine Gregg Evans writing about us is influenced by the fact he is a baggies supporter so he enjoys adding the pessimistic crap about Grealish leaving.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

🤔

I'm absolutely howling with laughter reading r/soccer and r/gunners right now.  Can you imagine pulling this signing off and singing this song at the Emirates next season?  

"Grealish on the left,

Buendia on the riiiiiiiiiiiight,

and ESR middle,

makes you Gooner lot cry!!!!!"