Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

With Bremen being relegated I think we could slide in and get Josh Sargent for a decent price; can play on the wing and up front and continues to improve. Would love for us to look at Timothy Weah as well; again can give us some good options and done pretty well at Lille this past season; he would probably be more of a loan move however.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm in favour of the Ashley Young signing. Replaces Elmo and Taylor in one go on a free transfer, experienced model pro, started most games for the Serie A champions last season, a good set piece taker and in a years time Kesler and Revan might be ready to step up.

They can learn from him too, but hopefully not any of the webcam stuff...

In all seriousness though, the full backs AND wingers could benefit from his experience. Shrewd short term acquisition, even though there's still some ill-feeling there for some.

15 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

With Bremen being relegated I think we could slide in and get Josh Sargent for a decent price; can play on the wing and up front and continues to improve. Would love for us to look at Timothy Weah as well; again can give us some good options and done pretty well at Lille this past season; he would probably be more of a loan move however.

Yeah Bremen have got this winger too.  Absolute rocket of a shot, but his name escapes me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

They can learn from him too, but hopefully not any of the webcam stuff...

In all seriousness though, the full backs AND wingers could benefit from his experience. Shrewd short term acquisition, even though there's still some ill-feeling there for some.

olympics twinning GIF by NBC

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

giphy.gif

:trollface:

He's 36 though, not 35. And Juventus almost lost out on the CL slot last season. So the man has a point. Juventus literally won the league 9 times in a row, brought in a 35 year + player and proceeded to finish fourth place.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If we're working on a limited budget and this means more funds for other areas then we could do a lot worse than Ashley Young. He's an experienced player with a winning mentality, he played 26 games last season as part of a title winning side, so the quality is still there. Also, as several have mentioned his ability to cover multiple positions and take good free kicks only make him more valuable. Additionally it allows us to have more time to either scout a left back for competition to Targett, or develop a youth team player for that role. It's no secret none of the left backs in our youth set up seem ready to step up and challenge yet.

On a one year deal I think this makes a lot of sense, especially if it meant more of the budget could then be used on getting in a midfielder, be that Ward-Prowse, Sarr, or someone else we haven't even been linked to.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's 36 though. And Juventus almost lost out on the CL slot last season. So the man has a point. Juventus literally won the league 9 times in a row, brought in a 35 year + player and proceeded to finish fourth place.

Actually the facts are that in Ronaldos first two seasons at Juventus they won two Serie A titles and, I think, two Supercoppa’s. The season just finished could be viewed as a bit of a blip. I don’t think you can link juventus signing Ronaldo as the start of a decline!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's 36 though, not 35. And Juventus almost lost out on the CL slot last season. So the man has a point. Juventus literally won the league 9 times in a row, brought in a 35 year + player and proceeded to finish fourth place.

Apart from the two titles he won with them before they finished fourth? He also scored more goals this season than he did in either of his title winning seasons with Juve.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah Bremen have got this winger too.  Absolute rocket of a shot, but his name escapes me.

Whodyanikabollockoff

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

VT have not only rejected him but they have a mind altering device that has eradicated any memory of him. Like the twiddly thing in Men In Black. I’m awaiting a knock on the door from a stranger with his sonic screwdriver at any minute. 

Edited by DaveAV1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

VT have not only rejected him but they have a mind altering device that has eradicated any memory of him. Like the twiddly thing in Men In Black. I’m awaiting a knock on the door from a stranger with his sonic screwdriver at any minute. 

Carry On Mood GIF

• Haha 1