Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, MrSmirch said:

Buendia has the potential to be the best signing we’ve ever made

He won't

I doubt he will be our best ever player.
He won't be the best value due to his cost.
He won't be the best cost to value ratio.

He won't be the biggest profit we have ever made on a player when he leaves us either.....

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He won't

I doubt he will be our best ever player.
He won't be the best value due to his cost.
He won't be the best cost to value ratio.

He won't be the biggest profit we have ever made on a player when he leaves us either.....

Assuming academy products don't count he could definitely be up there.

Obviously McGrath is number 1.

But then it is up for grabs really. Also coast has to be relative to average market value. Watkins was better value than traore despite costing 50% more.

If he is a 10+ G and 10+ A then he'd definitely be up there. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Assuming academy products don't count he could definitely be up there.

Obviously McGrath is number 1.

But then it is up for grabs really. Also coast has to be relative to average market value. Watkins was better value than traore despite costing 50% more.

If he is a 10+ G and 10+ A then he'd definitely be up there. 

Barry for example pisses all over him there are literally loads of them

I think that Young signing would be a clever move. He still can be a backup winger too. On a free with a reasonable wages, I think we’d get a very good value. It’s not just because we once liked him (can’t say it’s not another reason of wanting him back). But for me, the main thing is the benefit of the club. If he’s part of a memorable season the that would erase the wound we had when he went (although him and Benteke weren’t as bad as Downing and Delph).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm in favour of the Ashley Young signing. Replaces Elmo and Taylor in one go on a free transfer, experienced model pro, started most games for the Serie A champions last season, a good set piece taker and in a years time Kesler and Revan might be ready to step up.

Never go back. I don't want to see him at the club ever again.

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm in favour of the Ashley Young signing. Replaces Elmo and Taylor in one go on a free transfer, experienced model pro, started most games for the Serie A champions last season, a good set piece taker and in a years time Kesler and Revan might be ready to step up.

Yep. When I saw the part 2 thread I was disoriented for a minute but it would actually be a sensible signing on the whole.

7 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Buendia has the potential to be the best signing we’ve ever made

Graham Taylor signed Paul McGrath for 400k David Platt for 200k and Dwight Yorke after a trip to Trinidad!   

If Buendia is as good as any of those 3 he will be a bargain at what we paid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

No pressure then emi!

The question is how many games do we give him before we start writing him off? I think we can beat the record set when we signed Sanson.

If he doesn’t get 1 goal and 2 assists in the first 45 minutes of his debut we should send him packing back to Norwich on a free transfer.

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The question is how many games do we give him before we start writing him off? I think we can beat the record set when we signed Sanson.

If he doesn’t get 1 goal and 2 assists in the first 45 minutes of his debut we should send him packing back to Norwich on a free transfer.

15 minutes before the whinging and "he's a waste of money" begins after he's attempted 4 through balls that nearly get through.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Ashley Young is 35, no way we should sign him. A premier league team looking to get into Europe should never be looking at a 35 year old. 

Ibrahimovic led Utd to a League Cup and Europa League trophy at the same age.  He provides cover in all manner of places and fills the dressing room with winning experience.

Given the current squad, I’d be starting him on the wing (ahead of AEG) with Jack in the middle.

• Like 1