Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

pat morita nod GIF

As a player/midfielder, he’s also levels above & offers so much more than JWP…

A top player that hasn’t been scooped up by the big teams yet (despite links), would definitely be a statement signing and elevate us…

Dreamland…but these owners can do wonders for us too…

Just look at those percentiles  

Screenshot_20210617_002054_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

He is class. Certainly one I'd be dreaming of at least 6th if we signed that calibre e.g. vastly experienced mid 20s player who's had seasons in champions league and one of best players in his position in top european league.

That would be my Carew type signing.

As much as likes of Buendia and Ward Prowse are obviously good quality players I don't quite get the feeling they are capable of pushing us on to the heights we eventually want to scale so hopefully that player will come along in next 12 months.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He is class. Certainly one I'd be dreaming of at least 6th if we signed that calibre e.g. vastly experienced mid 20s player who's had seasons in champions league and one of best players in his position in top european league.

As much as likes of Buendia and Ward Prowse are obviously good quality players I don't quite get the feeling they are capable of pushing us on to the heights we eventually want to scale so hopefully that player will come along in next 12 months.

Would be a huge sign of intent and help us disrupt/disturb/upset the established order…

The kind of player that could help take us to the next few levels…

Buendia will be class, we did so well to get him and he will be a star - no concerns at all.

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think the club hierarchy know that the real "finished article" CL quality players aren't really attainable yet. The ones with CL talent we can attract usually have issues with attitude, injuries, or consistency (Barkley being a good example).

So it makes sense to buy youth, or players like Buendia who still have a point to prove. Also, I wouldn't be that surprised if Buendia turns out to be one of those players where in 12 months everyone is saying "why didn't Utd or City sign him?"

Seems like the club have clocked that the real value in the market is at the youth level, where you can pick up world class talent at low prices. Barry and Chukwuemeka are elite players that any major club would have been interested in. For the older players, we'll just keep signing solid players, and let the squad develop. In 2 or 3 years we'll have a hell of a starting XI.

Be lovely to see someone like SMS involved, but I'll understand if we don't make moves like that just yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think the club hierarchy know that the real "finished article" CL quality players aren't really attainable yet. The ones with CL talent we can attract usually have issues with attitude, injuries, or consistency (Barkley being a good example).

So it makes sense to buy youth, or players like Buendia who still have a point to prove. Also, I wouldn't be that surprised if Buendia turns out to be one of those players where in 12 months everyone is saying "why didn't Utd or City sign him?"

Seems like the club have clocked that the real value in the market is at the youth level, where you can pick up world class talent at low prices. Barry and Chukwuemeka are elite players that any major club would have been interested in. For the older players, we'll just keep signing solid players, and let the squad develop. In 2 or 3 years we'll have a hell of a starting XI.

Be lovely to see someone like SMS involved, but I'll understand if we don't make moves like that just yet.

Indeed GIF

Yeah I kind of agree with you, honestly I can’t see us heavily splashing out on renowned players or stars, even those who are ready to make the next step in their careers…

I’m just dreaming 😆

Although, the JWP link (if genuine) goes against that a little bit…

Maybe we could be surprised this window…

But wouldn’t it be lovely if we could make even just one, genuine, statement signing? Such as (preferably) SMS or a player of similar level/quality…

I’m just reminded of teams who managed to break into the elite or compete at the top end of the league (not saying that will be us, happy with steady progress), they managed to make “shock signings”, players of major quality that everyone was surprised to see join them.

City being the most recent example with the likes of Silva & Toure… transformative signings…

But you also had Arsenal back in the day, where some of the players weren’t so well known but turned out to be the best in the league…

Exciting times regardless… come on Buendia!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Just look at those percentiles  

Screenshot_20210617_002054_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Who are we talking about? Some of those stats are excellent and some are wank, I assume it is for some sort of attacking player...?

It’s going to be a strange window this one, I think some of the early signings that have been made so far along with the news of a couple of rejected bids for players, shows how teams are going to planning for the next season. 

Seems crazy to me that Brighton can reportedly turn down 40m for one of their players. Go back a couple of seasons and any team outside the so called big 6 would have jumped at that amount. 

So based on what has happened so far it is evident that many teams will be looking to buy players that are UK based already, or who have played on the Prem before (Such as Ashley Young potentially rejoining). 
I wonder if this transfer window will be where football changes a whole…. Hopefully for the better. 

Edited by Tayls

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Who are we talking about? Some of those stats are excellent and some are wank, I assume it is for some sort of attacking player...?

Its Sergej Milinkovic Savic (SMS)

3 years left on his contract. Lazio's player of the year. Would probably cost £80m at least I think. Their manager has just left though but I can't imagine the next one not fancying him.

Then again I thought there was no way we'd get Buendia for less than £50m. Maybe they're in financial difficulty.

51 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s going to be a strange window this one, I think some of the early signings that have been made so far along with the news of a couple of rejected bids for players, shows how teams are going to planning for the next season. 

Seems crazy to me that Brighton can reportedly turn down 40m for one of their players. Go back a couple of seasons and any team outside the so called big 6 would have jumped at that amount. 

So based on what has happened so far it is evident that many teams will be looking to buy players that are UK based already, or who have played on the Prem before (Such as Ashley Young potentially rejoining). 
I wonder if this transfer window will be where football changes a whole…. Hopefully for the better. 

The market is just so warped. Could Ben White be the difference between staying in the PL and relegation? Possibly. Therefore his value is anything up to about £120m. Therefore all offers really have to be either offers you can’t refuse or enough to take away a player who has made it clear he wants to leave. 

Edited by Spoony

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i just dont believe thats true.

Deano said they had been planning for this window since Jan, i cant believe they are so fickle as to say "eh we wont spend much", then weeks before the window opens we say "zomg lets spend spend spend"!

I think whatever we are doing, has been in the planning for months, regardless of what reporters say.

Could even be that the approach has been changed during the season. When it was clear that a lot of teams had some problems.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Brighton actually have a pretty rich owner who is a Brighton fan, he won’t be in any rush to part with star players on the cheap.

Brighton have such a strong foundation to build on. Dunk, Webster and White are probably the best CB offering outside of the top few teams in the league.

Some great talent in Bissouma, Lamptey and Trossard.

They're a midfielder, winger and a Watkins-instead-of-Maupay away from having a really nice side. They should be in no rush to sell anyone. Would love to see them hold onto White two seasons running and build on those foundations.

If they lose a couple players and go down there is a lot of talent there I wouldn't want to see end up at clubs around us.

Edited by HalfTimePost