Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

50 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

How is 10 to 20 million the rest of our transfer budget. 

No way is target one of the best left backs. He has had one good season being played quite defensively, and one bad season playing quite offensively. He is decent but limited. Certainly not one of the best. If you really think that you're in dream land.

You think we're signing a better LB than Targett for £10m? When he cost us £14m and was half the player he currently is? 

OK, if we can sign a new left back, on par or better than Targett, under 26, with good sell on value, for £10m, then yes, we should sign them. In the real world, where those players cost upwards of £20/30m, in a position that isn't urgent, we should bring a cheap alternative in as backup while we sign players we have more need for in our first team, like Buendia or a central midfielder, then, once our more pressing priorities are dealt with we can look at replacing our left back, who I maintain is one of the better ones in the league 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

You think we're signing a better LB than Targett for £10m? When he cost us £14m and was half the player he currently is? 

OK, if we can sign a new left back, on par or better than Targett, under 26, with good sell on value, for £10m, then yes, we should sign them. In the real world, where those players cost upwards of £20/30m, in a position that isn't urgent, we should bring a cheap alternative in as backup while we sign players we have more need for in our first team, like Buendia or a central midfielder, then, once our more pressing priorities are dealt with we can look at replacing our left back, who I maintain is one of the better ones in the league 

Wijndal is 15m I’m not saying he is better right now but certainly competition and has a ceiling to be better.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i just dont believe thats true.

Deano said they had been planning for this window since Jan, i cant believe they are so fickle as to say "eh we wont spend much", then weeks before the window opens we say "zomg lets spend spend spend"!

I think whatever we are doing, has been in the planning for months, regardless of what reporters say.

Agree with every word of that up to “reporters”. BirminghamLive are doing something but it definitely ain’t reporting. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Deano said they had been planning for this window since Jan, i cant believe they are so fickle as to say "eh we wont spend much", then weeks before the window opens we say "zomg lets spend spend spend"!

I think whatever we are doing, has been in the planning for months, regardless of what reporters say.

But if we do go and spend big, it definitely differs from what Purslow said in his last interview.  Maybe he was just lying to set the expectations of our budget as low as possible, and help our negotiating position. 

It's looking like a real sliding doors moment this window. Mess it up, fail to make Europe, and potentially see Grealish leave next season.  Get it right,  make Europe and we could well be the newest member of the Super League (🤑🤮).

What was agreed on FFP in March? If Uefa are really lifting some of the restrictions, then it would be a no brainer for them to spend a bit more this window. They are Billionaires. 30m is not a great deal to them,  especially when the player you sign is likely worth more than that by the end of next season.

Edited by MrBlack

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

It's classic modern "reporting", basically, "hey, we've just made this thing up but we're reporting it as if we have inside info", followed by, "hey, that thing that we made up last month might not be true after all, here's the exact opposite that we're still just making up and pretending to have inside info, but now that we've reported on both things happening we'll probably be right whichever way it actually happens, although just to be sure we'll claim to have inside info on the middle ground happening in about a months time, please follow us and visit our advertisers"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Wijndal is 15m I’m not saying he is better right now but certainly competition and has a ceiling to be better.

Does he have a release fee or just guessing at that figure. I’d be surprised if we got him that cheap.

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

If what the reporter is saying is true ref big budget it will have been a big budget months ago.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Only player to match JWP on FK goals this season too. If only. 

pat morita nod GIF

As a player/midfielder, he’s also levels above & offers so much more than JWP…

A top player that hasn’t been scooped up by the big teams yet (despite links), would definitely be a statement signing and elevate us…

Dreamland…but these owners can do wonders for us too…

• Like 1