Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

We should be so lucky/bold. Whoever takes Fernandinho on a bosman, he'll be pocketing £2-3m in a signing-on fee and wages of £150,000+. That's not a deal we're about to sanction for a 36-year-old. 

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Fernandinho been released. One year deal?

10 million for a year that will cost.

For a top club it is worth the cost but for us we need longer term investments I think.

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

If the wages are right, Rose as LB cover?

He came across as such a spoiled little sh*tstain in the All or Nothing Spurs documentary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

He came across as such a spoiled little sh*tstain in the All or Nothing Spurs documentary.

Documentary about a club, the detail of which is largely controlled by the club, paints a player having problems with the club in a bad light. Not saying he is an angel or that I'd take him but I wouldn't pay much heed to what is presented in those documentaries.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Documentary about a club, the detail of which is largely controlled by the club, paints a player having problems with the club in a bad light. Not saying he is an angel or that I'd take him but I wouldn't pay much heed to what is presented in those documentaries.

Fair point. 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

We should be so lucky/bold. Whoever takes Fernandinho on a bosman, he'll be pocketing £2-3m in a signing-on fee and wages of £150,000+. That's not a deal we're about to sanction for a 36-year-old. 

Yes - we have a philosophy to sign younger players, but we cannot be rigid and ignore pieces that could compliment our squad and help us get into Europe.  For example, if you look at Lille, they complimented a young side with a couple of  30+ players who were key to them winning the French League over PSG.

• Like 1

However great it might be to have Fernandinho for a season, I just think it's too short termism for this leadership team. They'll want to get the next Fernandinho and invest in him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Our Head of Recruitment Rob Mackenzie signed Cambiasso whilst at Leicester and credits him as one of their most important signings in their rise in fortunes.

Very different remit though at the two clubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Yes - we have a philosophy to sign younger players, but we cannot be rigid and ignore pieces that could compliment our squad and help us get into Europe.  For example, if you look at Lille, they complimented a young side with a couple of  30+ players who were key to them winning the French League over PSG.

Would I love us to sign him? Yes.

Do I have as much chance of seducing Lily James with my dry wit and dashing good looks? Also yes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Actually been a very consistent team second part of the season though, it's all abou if they can maintain that level of consistency into next season.

I've never questioned Arteta's football knowledge and he is obviously a very talented coach, it's the man managment part i've always questioned about him.

Arsenal will be interesting next season. Really don't they they are as bad as some people are making them out to be. Smith Rowe and Saka extremely talented players and will only get better.

Haven't you heard?   Smith-Rowe is joining Villa.

11 hours ago, useless said:

I only watched the first two minutes of that Pereira video but looks like he should have had another ten assists just based on that.

I do feel with him that he's a very good player let down by the rest of the team.

Much like us and how Grealish last season was being let down, it was all to be expected because it's survival. The Baggies have had a similar story but failed to secure survival and now we maybe wise to go steal there prized asset.

Maybe Pereira will be another Watkins, Martinez type signing where he just makes an instant impact and another player that is excellent through most a season. The kind of player that makes us edge closer to being a team that can rely on eachother to win even if Grealish is out. Creativity has been a problem without Grealish, not all the time but it has been a problem at times and we would be wise to start looking out more for creative players.

I wouldn't be so against the idea of having Pereira, Beundia and Dwight McNeil at the club alongside Jack, bring in a new CDM and Damn you have the makings on a lethal frontline and midfield. I would have Beundia on the right, Grealish attacking midfield, Dwight McNeil on the left and Pereira sitting behind Grealish with Watkins in his usual place and he's certainly surrounded by a creative tricky bunch.. Also have Ghazi, Mcginn, Traore on the bench and the squad and bench is starting to sound like a treat I believe. I do want Chuk and couple others to see gametime with the first team next season still but it has to be done at stages and to rejuvenate first team players.

Exciting times this Summer, who will be walking through the Villa doors and who else will be leaving? I think I would sell Davis and bring in Barry in his place for a start. Wesley I would give some friendly game time before season starts and if he doesnt impress maybe sell and then bring in someone who can supply some threat on field, supply competition to Watkins and kick ass when needed. I just hope Wes can show some early signs that theres a good player in there.

Wonder if Engels, Guilbert and couple other fringe stars will be leaving us, wontbring much in there sales but it's be something to put towards some players we do want.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I do feel with him that he's a very good player let down by the rest of the team.

Much like us and how Grealish last season was being let down, it was all to be expected because it's survival. The Baggies have had a similar story but failed to secure survival and now we maybe wise to go steal there prized asset.

Maybe Pereira will be another Watkins, Martinez type signing where he just makes an instant impact and another player that is excellent through most a season. The kind of player that makes us edge closer to being a team that can rely on eachother to win even if Grealish is out. Creativity has been a problem without Grealish, not all the time but it has been a problem at times and we would be wise to start looking out more for creative players.

I wouldn't be so against the idea of having Pereira, Beundia and Dwight McNeil at the club alongside Jack, bring in a new CDM and Damn you have the makings on a lethal frontline and midfield. I would have Beundia on the right, Grealish attacking midfield, Dwight McNeil on the left and Pereira sitting behind Grealish with Watkins in his usual place and he's certainly surrounded by a creative tricky bunch.. Also have Ghazi, Mcginn, Traore on the bench and the squad and bench is starting to sound like a treat I believe. I do want Chuk and couple others to see gametime with the first team next season still but it has to be done at stages and to rejuvenate first team players.

Exciting times this Summer, who will be walking through the Villa doors and who else will be leaving? I think I would sell Davis and bring in Barry in his place for a start. Wesley I would give some friendly game time before season starts and if he doesnt impress maybe sell and then bring in someone who can supply some threat on field, supply competition to Watkins and kick ass when needed. I just hope Wes can show some early signs that theres a good player in there.

Wonder if Engels, Guilbert and couple other fringe stars will be leaving us, wontbring much in there sales but it's be something to put towards some players we do want.

DM would not play LW in our setup

Wonder if chelsea are willing to take much of a loss on ziyech  ,  would have to be substantial drop in price at 28 but he is quality and looks like it isnt gonna happen for him at chelsea