Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I know it's an highlight reel but here's abit of him.

Her certainly have a thing or two to teach our boys about the good, old "putting a juicy amount of fingers into ears" goal celebration. I say sign him up!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My only input is that if a player from a relagated side is good enough to walk into the starting 11 of a team asipiring of european football. Then there’s normally A LOT of interest in said player. When there isn't it's normally because the player isn't that good.

But I trust you lot on this.

Look at our midfield season gone, I think there is every possibility a relegated player could take the place of Mcginn who has been very inconsistent unfortunately.

But yes you are right in what you say it's whether we sign him  and what we say he actually makes good on our words.

West Brom won't sell cheap though.

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Some of the finishing in that video is woeful. No wonder they went down.

Many players have some woeful finishing, it isn't just him, at least it's not a perfect highlight reel showing all the best bits that it's actually showing some of his worst also.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Look at our midfield season gone, I think there is every possibility a relegated player could take the place of Mcginn who has been very inconsistent unfortunately.

But yes you are right in what you say it's whether we sign him  and what we say he actually makes good on our words.

West Brom won't sell cheap though.

They want about 20m apparently.  I think we will hear news on where he is going in around 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They want about 20m apparently.  I think we will hear news on where he is going in around 2 weeks.

My only concern about Pereira is he's 25, the question is has he reached his ceiling or can he continue to learn under Smith?

There has to be players that can do what Pereira does if not better who are younger.

20 mill though wouldn't be a bad shout, if he can pay that back a few times over in some seasons. I guess it all boils down to whether Smith can get him doing much much better and really consistently as a creative attacker amongst our other players, I keep changing my mind with some of these players because ultimately I want to see much much better coming in.

It's a tough one with him i think

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

What's the name of the other South American player we were linked with cpl weeks back, begins with A??

Ta

Ass?

Edited by Dave-R

47 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Many players have some woeful finishing, it isn't just him, at least it's not a perfect highlight reel showing all the best bits that it's actually showing some of his worst also.

Sorry, I should have been clear. I wasn’t speaking about Perreira, just the baggies team in general. I thought he looked great in the video.

42 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

My only concern about Pereira is he's 25, the question is has he reached his ceiling or can he continue to learn under Smith?

There has to be players that can do what Pereira does if not better who are younger.

20 mill though wouldn't be a bad shout, if he can pay that back a few times over in some seasons. I guess it all boils down to whether Smith can get him doing much much better and really consistently as a creative attacker amongst our other players, I keep changing my mind with some of these players because ultimately I want to see much much better coming in.

Players are meant to be at their peak around 28-29. 25 is still a very good age. 

I would have loved for us to sign him but he’s going to another club so I think the debate on whether people want him or not is academic.  I personally think he would have been a top signing and I reckon we probably inquired about him.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No thanks. Was never that good in his prime. Has barely played for a couple of years. 31 next month. Can’t see what he’d offer at all

Regardless of the questions around his attitude, he hasn’t been any good for the last 3/4 seasons. The wages we’d have to pay him could be put to better use.

15 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Sorry, I should have been clear. I wasn’t speaking about Perreira, just the baggies team in general. I thought he looked great in the video.

Oh fair enough lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Players are meant to be at their peak around 28-29. 25 is still a very good age. 

I would have loved for us to sign him but he’s going to another club so I think the debate on whether people want him or not is academic.  I personally think he would have been a top signing and I reckon we probably inquired about him.

He may come her yet we do not know, we will have to see what gets brought in this summer.

Purslow said there won't be much activity this summer. May or may not be true but i believe him.

1-2 players to go straight into the eleven or to challenge would be my bet.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Watkins is the same age.

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Purslow said there won't be much activity this summer. May or may not be true but i believe him.

1-2 players to go straight into the eleven or to challenge would be my bet.

Need more to challenge for Europe.

• Like 2