Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

31 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Wonder if chelsea are willing to take much of a loss on ziyech  ,  would have to be substantial drop in price at 28 but he is quality and looks like it isnt gonna happen for him at chelsea

They tried to charge us £40m for a washed-up has-been that they signed for £15m 4 years ago -- they're not about to accept a loss on a player they just signed last summer for £33m!

Victor Nelsson has had a great Euro U21 campaign and was linked before to us and is well known by Lange. Would not be surprised to see us sign him. We were linked last summer too. He'd provide good competition for Mings and Konsa and we love Scandinavian defenders here.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Victor Nelsson has had a great Euro U21 campaign and was linked before to us and is well known by Lange. Would not be surprised to see us sign him. We were linked last summer too. He'd provide good competition for Mings and Konsa and we love Scandinavian defenders here.

Also, obligatory he's good on FM comment

19 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Unless their first name is Jores

• Like 1

Mentioned him before but Gabriel Gudmundsson who had a breakthrough season for Groningen this year when he was moved to LB would be a interesting signing for competition for Targett. (He can also fill in at LW)

Apparently Atalanta are favorites if Gosens is sold but no deals in place yet.

Ludwig Augustinsson is another one I've been wanting us to sign for years and with Bremen relegated he'd likely be available for a acceptable fee. But he's been injured a lot and I think he want's a regular starting spot which we would not be able to guarantee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I wouldn't be so against the idea of having Pereira, Beundia and Dwight McNeil at the club alongside Jack, bring in a new CDM and Damn you have the makings on a lethal frontline and midfield. I would have Beundia on the right, Grealish attacking midfield, Dwight McNeil on the left and Pereira sitting behind Grealish with Watkins in his usual place and he's certainly surrounded by a creative tricky bunch.. Also have Ghazi, Mcginn, Traore on the bench and the squad and bench is starting to sound like a treat I believe. I do want Chuk and couple others to see gametime with the first team next season still but it has to be done at stages and to rejuvenate first team players.

For me, McNeil would be the one to drop out of this - Jack at LW with Pereira at 10 - and spend on a strong DCM.

Olise and/or Rashica as back up/rotation/sub.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-buendia-grealish-20746298

MattyAVFC: Hi Ash, what are Villa's prospects of landing Buendia ahead of Arsenal looking like at the moment? If we aren’t successful in getting him in who will the club look at as an alternative?

There's a real chance. Villa have one of the best players on their books, brilliant owners and a young, exciting side who's on the up. It's toxic at Arsenal at present. I'm not sold over Arteta's credentials. The fans are in uproar... Villa have a brilliant chance and Emi Martinez will have a say in Buendia's decision, I'm sure of it. As for alternatives: McNeill, Pereira are two.

SpartanAVFC: If we can beat AFC to Emi B it sends a huge message of intent across the entire football world, reading through the Twitter feed is frustrating reading at the moment with Arsenal fans optimising the arrogance and entitled attitude that summed up the greedy Super League teams. Aston Villa are a team on the up with plans to become a dominant force in world football again. AFC are a team in decline...

Arsenal would be foolish to write off Villa's chances of overtaking them this season, that's for sure.

22 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

For me, McNeil would be the one to drop out of this - Jack at LW with Pereira at 10 - and spend on a strong DCM.

Olise and/or Rashica as back up/rotation/sub.

DM would do fine on the left. Pereira seems good at pressure and intercepting but can also move a ball forward which he did numerous times for WBA and that is why I chose him to be behind Grealish who would be our CAM again.

No to Rashica, you just spoilt the lot by mentioning his name lol.

Why does everything have to include Rashica around here? Get some new trainers have a Rashica face logo on, get a ham sandwich get a Rashica shaped ham slice in between the bread, have a glass of Milk have Rashica (well you know where that one is leading right), have a Cream Bun, no that's going to the same place as well.

Hurry up transfer window, Villa just announce the signings already, I am unsure I will survive for another 11 weeks on VT.

Edited by Dave-R

Both Romero and Gazzaniga have been released, available on frees but no idea on wage demands. If Steer leaves on loan we would need a backup GK…

How about we increase our Argentine contingent and further persuade Buendia to join? 😆

Having looked at the release list I think it would be good to bring in Romero from Man Utd to swap with Heaton, give Martinez some decent competition from a compatriot. 

• Like 1

Would also think Gibbs, Bertrand or Rose would be better LB cover than Taylor. Whichever of those demands the least wages and has the best attitude 

I don't think we will have released Taylor just to then replace him with another ageing left-back. More likely to go for a youngster, Nathanael Ogbeta at Shrewsbury has been getting rave reviews, they only signed him in from Man City in January but he's already being linked with a move to the championship, maybe not him in particular, but wouldn't be surprised if went for someone with a similar profile, like when Leicester signed Justin from Luton when they were in league one.

• Like 3

Matthew Sorinola is another fantastic young LB prospect at MK Dons I hope we will be targeting. I expect they are  Looking at youngsters from the top four who on the periphery of the first team squads... Tommy Doyle & Cole Palmer are two fine prospects at Citeh whom probs won’t beak through their... 

• Like 3

Thomas Hamer is doing really well at Burton.

He is a 21 year versatile player and can play (Right Back, Left Back, Centre Back and Defensive Midfield) He's played mainly at Right Back for Burton.

3 goals and 2 assists this season for Burton since signing in January from Oldham Athletic.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Matthew Sorinola is another fantastic young LB prospect at MK Dons I hope we will be targeting. I expect they are  Looking at youngsters from the top four who on the periphery of the first team squads... Tommy Doyle & Cole Palmer are two fine prospects at Citeh whom probs won’t beak through their... 

What do you think of Robert Atkinson (Oxford) 6ft4" 22 year old Centre Back. He was at AS Cannes as youth player and was also at Basingstoke Town and Fulham earlier in his career.

. He's had a really good season named in the League One team of the season. Looks a promising player.

Edited by Villan4Life