Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, a young up and coming LB would appear to be the best option. Someone who could potentially & eventually succeed Targett but provide decent cover in the short term.

Agree on this I can and will.

Logical this option seems.

Then why are you posting such sense on VT, it's unheard of around here, especially in Rashica season.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agree on this I can and will.

Logical this option seems.

Then why are you posting such sense on VT, it's unheard of around here, especially in Rashica season.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Fernandinho would be worth whatever bonus and wage it took. Probably not tall enough for a defensive midfielder according to some on here though.

perfectly tall enough for me, rest assured......just too old, now@ 36....there, something else to get your teeth in to.

We've been down that road and learnt our lesson.....listen to Mr Purslow.

Edited by TRO

41 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

What do you think of Robert Atkinson (Oxford) 6ft4" 22 year old Centre Back. He was at AS Cannes as youth player and was also at Basingstoke Town and Fulham earlier in his career.

. He's had a really good season named in the League One team of the season. Looks a promising player.

I’ll check him out and see what I can find out about him first hand .... Another great prospect at MK Dons is Matt O’Riley who was at Fulham previously where he was linked with both Dortmund & Leipzig - still only 20 yo 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’ll check him out and see what I can find out about him first hand .... Another great prospect at MK Dons is Matt O’Riley who was at Fulham previously where he was linked with both Dortmund & Leipzig - still only 20 yo 

but is he still growing?.....

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If they get Buendia they will have a very decent fireline.

Not sure i agree with them declining any further.

Their 2nd half of the season was actually very strong. 2nd best team next to Man City in 2021, if they carry on that form onto next season they'll be very decent.

As long as Arteta's there we'll have a chance. More worried if they got a Conte type manager in.

Won't be easy but we need to be finishing above two of Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs and Everton next season imo as things stand.

If we can't finish above any of them I think we'll struggle to finish 10th as can see Leeds finishing above a couple of those teams. Sure Villalad will back me up on that one!😉

Edited by VillaChris

I have genuine ITK on Pereira. Source could not be any more reliable, to be honest. 

He won’t be coming to Aston Villa. No ifs, buts or maybes. Unless he throws his toys out the pram he isn’t for sale, but regardless, never to us. Ever...

...so expect it in the bag by the end of the week!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have genuine ITK on Pereira. Source could not be any more reliable, to be honest. 

He won’t be coming to Aston Villa. No ifs, buts or maybes. Unless he throws his toys out the pram he isn’t for sale, but regardless, never to us. Ever...

Don't think Biggies would turn down less money for him as I am sure we could outbid, also depends who the other team is doesn't it. Player will have a say.

58 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

On a serious note he better bloody go Leeds or I’m £60 down!!

I seriously doubt ttat Pereira will go to Leeds, he's pretty much the total opposite to what you'd expect from a Leeds player under Bielsa, plus he plays the same position as Raphina. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Wolves, they've been in desperate need of a playmaker for a while now, and Pereira is someone who has connections with Mendes so would make sense on a few levels.

He definitely won't end up at Norwich, they aren't selling Buendia to then go and spend most of the money that they'd receive for him on one player, if they were going to do that there wouldn't be any point in selling Buendia in the first place, and it's just not the way Norwich operate.

So with Buendia looking close, he effectively replaces Barkley.

If we believe Purslow a few signings so max maybe 3 in total perhaps? If Buendia is one, where are the priorities now?

LB?

DM?

That means we would be going with Wesley, Traore and Davis backing up Watkins which makes me nervous. 

Is there no replacement for Trez?  Aware we don't have unlimited money and have to be smart so just wondering what the priorities may be?

I'm sure it's been said before, but the lovely thing about Villa these days is that you hear about a player we are supposedly interested in and more often than not, a few weeks later, we sign him. It's such a good feeling. Straightforward, intentioned, focused and decisive. It's like the wrongs are finally being righted. C'mon you Villa boys!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Both Romero and Gazzaniga have been released, available on frees but no idea on wage demands. If Steer leaves on loan we would need a backup GK…

How about we increase our Argentine contingent and further persuade Buendia to join? 😆

Surely Messi will be desperate to come if we get Gazzaniga in as well???

The Gaucho Grill will be making record profits! 😉

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm sure it's been said before, but the lovely thing about Villa these days is that you hear about a player we are supposedly interested in and more often than not, a few weeks later, we sign him. It's such a good feeling. Straightforward, intentioned, focused and decisive. It's like the wrongs are finally being righted. C'mon you Villa boys!

I just think NSWE have a team of VillaTalk data analysts, they know we know what we know, just happens one of them has a grudge against @Delphinho123

Edited by Phil Silvers

14 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

just go and get bissouma now and we are done this window

That's the dream signing really but surely not financially doable for us now after this outlay. Would be perfect though to free up McGinn and Luiz to create carnage !

19 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

just go and get bissouma now and we are done this window

Only 4 players for 3 positions if we are going to play 4-2-3-1??  Jack, Buendia, Traore and El Ghazi for the three in behind Watkins. We had 5 this season - with Trez and Barkley dropping out.  Whilst I am happy to see Chuckie and JPB getting in around the first team and getting on the subs bench/occasional minutes, I think we need at least one more senior player who can play in the three?? 

Are you assuming a 4-3-3??

I could see that, but I think our best performances this season have definitely been in a 4-2-3-1.

Edited by barry'sboots