Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

To be honest I'd rather have a bench of either LB or RB and a cover for the other side from an adaptable CB and spend the change on MF and attack on the bench. But it's odd that we would go into a season with one recognised RB in the squad, unless that is we promote a kid or retain Guilbert.

Exactly that, we've three RB's at present and Konsa as a 4th option. We don't need a RB this window.

We need a LB as cover/competition, we need a more mobile DCM than Nakamba and we need another option up front those are the priorities I believe. Beyond that anything else would be a bonus.

• Like 2

If we could replace Nakamba with someone like Bissouma (tho can't image we'd be able to sign him specifically) then that would be fantastic. Then a left back. Then I'd be pretty happy with the window. 

Potentially another striker too, but it's a bit of a weird one for me as we only play with 1 striker but now have 3. Ideally it would be good to move Davis or Wes on and bring in someone else but then, would we get much better without spending mega money?

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we could replace Nakamba with someone like Bissouma (tho can't image we'd be able to sign him specifically) then that would be fantastic. Then a left back. Then I'd be pretty happy with the window. 

Potentially another striker too, but it's a bit of a weird one for me as we only play with 1 striker but now have 3. Ideally it would be good to move Davis or Wes on and bring in someone else but then, would we get much better without spending mega money?

Why not Bissouma? 

I've seen Arsenal linked with him but we've just found out we can compete with them. I've seen Liverpool linked but I'm not convinced they've a lot to spend this summer so we would stand a chance.

I'd say we would have a very decent chance of signing him.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Why not Bissouma? 

I've seen Arsenal linked with him but we've just found out we can compete with them. I've seen Liverpool linked but I'm not convinced they've a lot to spend this summer so we would stand a chance.

I don't think we couldn't sign him because he wouldn't want to join the club, it's more of a case that I can't see us spending the type of money required to sign him after just signing Buendia for £35m+. Though, that's pure speculation on my part. It might be something the club would be willing to do. 

I mean, how much would he cost? Probably £30-40m would be my guess. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Why not Bissouma? 

I guess better teams than Arsenal will be after him.

Will take more than Buendia money to get Bissouma so can't see that happening financially. Even though he is the sort of player we need to sort the balance in midfield.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think we couldn't sign him because he wouldn't want to join the club, it's more of a case that I can't see us spending the type of money required to sign him after just signing Buendia for £35m+. Though, that's pure speculation on my part. It might be something the club would be willing to do. 

I mean, how much would he cost? Probably £30-40m would be my guess. 

Yeah I think in that ball park depending on the competition.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I guess better teams than Arsenal will be after him.

Will take more than Buendia money to get Bissouma so can't see that happening financially. Even though he is the sort of player we need to sort the balance in midfield.

I can't see the Manchester clubs or Chelsea being in for him so that would leave Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal but I'm not sure the later two have the means.

I think this summer if a rare opportunity where clubs you'd expect to have money don't.

Brighton have huge debt, I can see them being willing to sell and put the money into a striker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah I think in that ball park depending on the competition.

Do you realistically see us spending that amount on another midfielder? Especially given that we signed Sanson in Jan. 

Buendia will play off the right I think in the main. Barkley has gone back so l still think we are light a mobile defensive CM, if we get one it would allow Luiz to play a more advance role.

Grealish left, Luiz central and Buendia right?

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we will make one more big signing and personally I think that is the position we need the most. Just my personal opinions mind.

Buendia will play off the right I think in the main. Barkley has gone back so l still think we are light a mobile defensive CM, if we get one it would allow Luiz to play a more advance role.

I think we really need to sort the balance of our midfield if we are to push on.

I think you are Majestically spot on.

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

So with Buendia looking close, he effectively replaces Barkley.

If we believe Purslow a few signings so max maybe 3 in total perhaps? If Buendia is one, where are the priorities now?

LB?

DM?

That means we would be going with Wesley, Traore and Davis backing up Watkins which makes me nervous. 

Is there no replacement for Trez?  Aware we don't have unlimited money and have to be smart so just wondering what the priorities may be?

Has Buendia played much as a 10? I keep seeing Jack - Buendia - Traore as a three behind Watkins but I always thought Buendia played on the right. I admit I didn't watch Norwich much this year if that changed.

We need a defensive midfielder who can cover ground win the ball and distribute simply. Nakamba was supposed to be it but doesn't appear to be quite at that level sadly. Until we get that player the midfield is too easy bypassed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would Fernandinho on a free be realistic or a good idea?

Realistic no, just don't think that is our MO to sign players of that age.

Good idea, I actually think it would be brilliant for us in the short term but the club just doesn't do short term.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would Fernandinho on a free be realistic or a good idea?

Yes but I imagine he’s off to a nice sunny country to enjoy the rest of his career 

I think so yes, needs a solid and mobile anchor behind them though.

Interesting, so McGinn and a new anchorman behind them. Would be very good. Exciting times, if we spend a similar amount on the anchor man and they've put in as much effort as they seem to have done with Buendia to get things sorted so fast then we'll already be much better placed than last year in terms of personnel and options. I really like the idea of Troare, Jack and Buendia as a 3 all given license to swap around, in theory all 3 can create in all 3 positions.

Just now, romavillan said:

Interesting, so McGinn and a new anchorman behind them. Would be very good. Exciting times, if we spend a similar amount on the anchor man and they've put in as much effort as they seem to have done with Buendia to get things sorted so fast then we'll already be much better placed than last year in terms of personnel and options. I really like the idea of Troare, Jack and Buendia as a 3 all given license to swap around, in theory all 3 can create in all 3 positions.

Just my theory but I think it makes a lot of sense.

One thing that seems certain is that they want young but experienced PL players, that seriously narrows the field in terms of targets. We also know that they look for players that have played circa 75% of games over the previous two seasons so again narrowing the field.

If we want a DCM then I can't actually think of that many targets that would fit the bill. Bissouma, Berg, Loftus-Cheek would be obvious ones after that I'm struggling to think of a lot of other options that fit but I'm sure there are a few.

• Like 1