Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Just my theory but I think it makes a lot of sense.

One thing that seems certain is that they want young but experienced PL players, that seriously narrows the field in terms of targets. We also know that they look for players that have played circa 75% of games over the previous two seasons so again narrowing the field.

If we want a DCM then I can't actually think of that many targets that would fit the bill. Bissouma, Berg, Loftus-Cheek would be obvious ones after that I'm struggling to think of a lot of other options that fit but I'm sure there are a few.

But our scouting team is actually competent so thankfully it won't be him!

Bissouma would be brilliant, Berg possibly but not too sure on him though.

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Terrific start. Now what next? full back support and striker support? Our main signing is signed and sealed. 

Right winger surely?

I still feel that's more likely than another CM tbh. Then we can end window with a new backup striker and some defenders.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

We won't sign a RB this summer.

Interesting. Club happy with the two games Konsa filled in against top quality wide players. Or Kesler going to be properly promoted into first team squad?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz, Sanson, Mcginn the midfield then you reckon? 

Unless we have more incoming I think that's a fair guess.

3 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I’m not sure Traore will be dropped from the 11 to be honest. 

I hope he is. He is the weak link more often than not I’m afraid. 

If we don’t sign another midfielder, a lot of our season will rest on how Luiz plays as our defensive midfielder. I still think we’re lacking a bit in this area.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope he is. He is the weak link more often than not I’m afraid. 

If we don’t sign another midfielder, a lot of our season will rest on how Luiz plays as our defensive midfielder. I still think we’re lacking a bit in this area.

Proper marmite player. All about options - Luiz, McGinn or Sanson could all play more advanced with Jack left and Buendia right. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting. Club happy with the two games Konsa filled in against top quality wide players. Or Kesler going to be properly promoted into first team squad?

We've Gillbert who I expect to return, Kesler who looks capable of stepping up if needed although you wouldn't want him to play for an extended run. I'd say Konsa is 4th choice option to cover at RB.

There are other areas of the squad way further up the pecking order in terms of needing attention, not to say the club wouldn't sign a good young one if they spotted one, I'm sure they would but I really don't think it is a priority this window.

• Like 1

Luiz and Bissouma stats are virtually identical for last season - haven’t seen much of him play so cannot comment on whether he is a significantly better... Those who have watched him how does he stand out from Dougie, main differences and best attribute? 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Buendia played 99% of his games for Norwich at RW, really hope that's where he'll mostly play for us too.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz, Sanson, Mcginn the midfield then you reckon? 

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I’m not sure Traore will be dropped from the 11 to be honest. 

It's called "Options", lads. I anticipate us playing a lot of 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 this season, depending on who we're matching up against.  We have the personnel to do both now, but we finally have the personnel to play 4-3-3 as it should be played with Buendia and Sanson.  

Buendia is a right forward, but can also play in the hole.  He has the work rate of Watkins, the tenacity off the ball as McGinn, the vision/control/passing of Jack, and the long shots of Hourihane.  His only weakness is he'll sometimes make a rash challenge trying to win the ball back high up the pitch.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's called "Options", lads. I anticipate us playing a lot of 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 this season, depending on who we're matching up against.  We have the personnel to do both now, but we finally have the personnel to play 4-3-3 as it should be played with Buendia and Sanson.  

Buendia is a right forward, but can also play in the hole.  He has the work rate of Watkins, the tenacity off the ball as McGinn, the vision/control/passing of Jack, and the long shots of Hourihane.  His only weakness is he'll sometimes make a rash challenge trying to win the ball back high up the pitch.

You are exactly right and these options Have now made me drop over for a bag of sand to renew us a couple of hours ago for the first time in years not feeling a little bit obligated 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Buendia played 99% of his games for Norwich at RW, really hope that's where he'll mostly play for us too.

I’ve been watching a lot of Buendia clips today (like most I guess…) and I think it’s a stretch to say RW just because of his style of play. He’s wherever he wants to be. I’d imagine our first choice as it stands is Grealish - Buendia - Traore but I think the amazing thing is we could very easily play a number of different ways with one or two tweaks.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

We've Gillbert who I expect to return, Kesler who looks capable of stepping up if needed although you wouldn't want him to play for an extended run. I'd say Konsa is 4th choice option to cover at RB.

There are other areas of the squad way further up the pecking order in terms of needing attention, not to say the club wouldn't sign a good young one if they spotted one, I'm sure they would but I really don't think it is a priority this window.

Probably where we differ a bit Trent, I don't expect Freddy to come back at all. We'll sell him to a french club for a few million euros I think seeing as his loan spell went o.k.

Will sign a CB who can fill in at RB I bet.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Probably where we differ a bit Trent, I don't expect Freddy to come back at all. We'll sell him to a french club for a few million euros I think seeing as his loan spell went o.k.

Will sign a CB who can fill in at RB I bet.

If he goes that changes things, until he does I'm working on the basis he is here.

• Like 2