Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Got a feeling Tammy's ego will take a blow if he becomes surplus to requirements at Chelsea. 

He will want to be top dog wherever he goes and that cannot be the case here, Ollie is just too good at what he is doing and will only get better.

So whilst I would love Tammy here and it is what we need, someone of that quality here giving the manager selection headaches, I just don't think Tammy would go for it and he most likely would take a punt on going to a Wolves, spam, or outside bet Arsenal. 

Where is he going to go and be the " Top Dog " in the top 10 though?

He might need to lower his expectations.

• Like 2

Matthew Hoppe from Schalke. Very promising young American striker. Has 5 goals this season in the Bundesliga, and would love for him to develop here behind Ollie; especially as Davis is a big no from me. Need another promising young striker in the ranks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Definitely, thats what I was meaning to get across, will his ego get in the way of him moving to a project like ours where we are trying to build a strong squad.

Wolves were interested, Jimenez has been missed and might never be the same so I'd think that's a possible.

Really hope he doesn't just end up at a palace brighton spam though as they are 10/15th fodder at best (spam in false position imo, as only a couple of their performances have been good football).

Would love him here, him Ollie Wes and hopefully Barry breaking through would be great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Who ever starts you have the other for a sub and Smith would clearly have to bring the other on and use a sub faster than he does now. That's when Smith would really have to change abit and say I've for two excellent strikers and they  other need game time and whomever plays first half can at least rest because Smith has the option to do that.

The thing is if we did buy the lad Smith has more options at his disposal. I'm sure Tammy and Watkins can each take turns in who starts and Smith would be able to do that because hed have confidence in them both. Its convincing them that they will be subbed eavg game and could possibly take turns in starting, money talks there I'm afraid and if Tammy can get what he wants from Villa then if the price is right im pretty sure it wouldn't bother him so long as he did play. We do need a higher level striker at Villa besides Watkins and it's not impossible to lure one by saying they may have to be the super sub or at the very least start a game then be a sub a game.

I think it would mostly come down to would Tammy fit in here, point blank we know the answer is yes as he loved it here. No one wants to play second fiddle but Tammy could come here and aid in qualifying for europe, again if we can convince him wed ha e  wry two ace strikers and were a right type of injury from not having a striker who could do what Watkins does, why not have Tammy if the price is right and hes willing???

We cant be just having Watkins forever on his own if Wesley doesn't work out and we certainly cant be dealing with Davis or striker that cant score any longer, we need a backup and a suitable one at that and Tammy fits the mould.

At the moment what's better for Tammy, not playing games at Chelsea or at least getting an half at Villa, I'd know what I would choose.

Right,

Yea we would all love another good striker, but this is a lad who wants to play, that's his issue with Chelsea, not them paying him enough.

He isn't going to go to a club when he isn't the main man. You mention that we don't know if Wesley will work out, ok but you will never know if he will work out if you don't play him because you have shelled out 40 million on a new striker.

Nothing about this makes sense for the player or the club.

39 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Don't forget that Watkins played on the wing up until 18 months ago. I'm sure we could fit Watkins and Abraham into the team together.

There's also the argument Ollie is a better striker than Tammy, so why would you do what you suggest?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There's also the argument Ollie is a better striker than Tammy, so why would you do what you suggest?

If we want to progress we need more than one decent striker. Putting Watkins on the wing is a way of getting them both into the team. I didn’t say I would do it, it is maybe what Smith might do (if we’re even interested in Tammy in the first place).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I feel the only top quality creative attacker we have is Jack. We should be looking to spend upto 50m on a top class creative attacker (Barkley isn't top class and I would be going for one comfortable in both wide positions).

Mentioned him before but Pulisic  gives you that on left or right. Would probably want a CL team if he was to leave Chelsea, but him, Jack and Ollie would be some front 3. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Awol said:

Mentioned him before but Pulisic  gives you that on left or right. Would probably want a CL team if he was to leave Chelsea, but him, Jack and Ollie would be some front 3. 

He is my unrealistic dream summer target ... Jack & Pulisic together would be some next level shizzle... Forget Barkley we should be targeting Pulisic so we become less reliant on one player to make the difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see Leicester going for him as long term Vardy replacment although Vardy showing no signs of declining anytime soon.

Feels a Rodgers type signing anyway and Leicester could easily be CL next season so that would make them more attractive option than us even though Tammy loved it here.

Wouldnt put it past Spurs going for him if they actually sell Kane in next 12 months.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

NEW - Luiz/Sanson

Traore - NEW - Grealish

Watkins

Squad: Heaton, Steer, NEW LB, Kesler, Hause, Engels, Nakamba, McGinn, Sanson/Luiz, Ramsey, Trezeguet, NEW R/L W, Wesley, Barry.

Sell/Release: Guilbert (5m), Taylor (free), Elmo (free), El Ghazi (8-10m), Davis (1m?)

Personally, if we had £100m, i would spunk :

• 25-35m on a no 6.
  • 25-35m on a no 8/10.
  • 15-35m on a player who can play left or right wing to challenge Traore and back up Grealish (ideally).
  • 10-15m on a young left back to back up Targett.
  • Any cash we might have spare, i would spend on a young CB to replace Engels as backup.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, thejoker said:

Don't forget that Watkins played on the wing up until 18 months ago. I'm sure we could fit Watkins and Abraham into the team together.

but not on the wing.....Ollie is developing.