Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Luca netz apparently turned down an offer from bayern to sign a new deal at hertha but he would have been a good (expensive) young promising back up to Targett to develop 

I'd never heard of Luca Netz before a scout bought him to my attention on FM tonight. Now I see him mentioned on here on the same evening! I feel young again 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sne said:

He's a RB Leipzig player on loan at Fulham, as far as I know they do not have any deal in place but might be wrong.

RE: Lookman, you are correct.

RB Leipzig had him listed for sale at the start of this season for around £20m with no takers, Fulham eventually landed him on loan. 

Unless he suddenly becomes part of Leipzig's plans for next season, I think they would be happy to recoup the £16m+ they paid Everton for him.

He is contracted with Leipzig until 2024.

53 minutes ago, saturdaygig said:

So Tammy is stalling on contract talks while Man City continue to show interest in Haaland (or so says the super reliable Metro). We'd have him  back, yes? To partner Ollie?

We don’t play two up top and we aren’t going to start doing so.

Buying him would be as first choice, he isn’t going to sign as back up, that is why he is kicking up a fuss apparently.

it’s not going to happen.

• Thanks 1

Would love for us to try for Vinicius jnr. He's down the pecking order at Tottenham and probably hasn't got a future at Real Madrid. He'd probably attract a lot of interest from higher ranked teams but he'd be a great striker to push Watkins. Can play across the front three so is very versatile, has premier League experience plus maybe Wesley and Luiz can have a word. Maybe even try to loan again for the year.

32 minutes ago, supermon said:

Would love for us to try for Vinicius jnr. He's down the pecking order at Tottenham and probably hasn't got a future at Real Madrid. He'd probably attract a lot of interest from higher ranked teams but he'd be a great striker to push Watkins. Can play across the front three so is very versatile, has premier League experience plus maybe Wesley and Luiz can have a word. Maybe even try to loan again for the year.

Carlos Vinicius at Spurs is not Vinicius Jr mate, different players.

No doubt we’ll be after someone up top in the summer, but Wesley still has to come back and could hopefully still impress us. Tough injury to come back from though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Buying him would be as first choice, he isn’t going to sign as back up, that is why he is kicking up a fuss apparently.

We pretty much are playing 2 up top when Barkley is playing... 

• Like 1

We need depth in the striker department, but I'm really not sure how we can keep Tammy happy either. I can't see him be favoured over Ollie if both are fit. 

But really not our problem is it, so yeah let's sign him. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Got a feeling Tammy's ego will take a blow if he becomes surplus to requirements at Chelsea. 

He will want to be top dog wherever he goes and that cannot be the case here, Ollie is just too good at what he is doing and will only get better.

So whilst I would love Tammy here and it is what we need, someone of that quality here giving the manager selection headaches, I just don't think Tammy would go for it and he most likely would take a punt on going to a Wolves, spam, or outside bet Arsenal. 

Hopefully over the next few years we continue to evolve and have 2 or 3 top strikers at the club (fully expecting Louie Barry to be a top player in a few years too which will cost us nothing)

Watkins is great, but competition will bring him to another level. Top sides rotate for different games, we need to get to a place whereby we can do that. We’ll avoid burnout, injuries and will have genuine gamechanging threats to bring off the bench. We’re still playing catchup atm.

12 hours ago, Awol said:

Potential additions in CM is difficult to judge until we’ve had a proper look at Sanson. Really hoping he starts against Leeds and we see how Smith intends to use him. 

I would also like to see Samson for a full game, see what he can do, seems to be a clever passer of the ball and has good positioning. Have him play behind Watkins and maybe he will play balls though the middle because we need that and it's a part of our game we lack.

6 hours ago, saturdaygig said:

So Tammy is stalling on contract talks while Man City continue to show interest in Haaland (or so says the super reliable Metro). We'd have him  back, yes? To partner Ollie?

I think a Tammy and Watkins combo could be ruthless. I'd also love to see Watkins play behind Tammy both run all over the pitch and spend crazy energy even defending and on intercepting players for the ball.

You know having them both at the club would be the wise move.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Who ever starts you have the other for a sub and Smith would clearly have to bring the other on and use a sub faster than he does now. That's when Smith would really have to change abit and say I've for two excellent strikers and they  other need game time and whomever plays first half can at least rest because Smith has the option to do that.

The thing is if we did buy the lad Smith has more options at his disposal. I'm sure Tammy and Watkins can each take turns in who starts and Smith would be able to do that because hed have confidence in them both. Its convincing them that they will be subbed eavg game and could possibly take turns in starting, money talks there I'm afraid and if Tammy can get what he wants from Villa then if the price is right im pretty sure it wouldn't bother him so long as he did play. We do need a higher level striker at Villa besides Watkins and it's not impossible to lure one by saying they may have to be the super sub or at the very least start a game then be a sub a game.

I think it would mostly come down to would Tammy fit in here, point blank we know the answer is yes as he loved it here. No one wants to play second fiddle but Tammy could come here and aid in qualifying for europe, again if we can convince him wed ha e  wry two ace strikers and were a right type of injury from not having a striker who could do what Watkins does, why not have Tammy if the price is right and hes willing???

We cant be just having Watkins forever on his own if Wesley doesn't work out and we certainly cant be dealing with Davis or striker that cant score any longer, we need a backup and a suitable one at that and Tammy fits the mould.

At the moment what's better for Tammy, not playing games at Chelsea or at least getting an half at Villa, I'd know what I would choose.

Edited by Dave-R

No way would Watkins or Abraham accept not playing full games regularly. Top strikers need to get into a rhythm to reach the highest levels of sharpness and you don’t achieve this spending time sitting on your a**e every match. 

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Carlos Vinicius at Spurs is not Vinicius Jr mate, different players.

No doubt we’ll be after someone up top in the summer, but Wesley still has to come back and could hopefully still impress us. Tough injury to come back from though.

Ah damn I got it mixed up, well that sucks

I think Abraham would be a good fit.

As much as Watkins has played really well so far.....he is also good at running with the ball and a lot of his good work with it has come from slightly wider positions.

This could work with Abraham as he could play off him....maybe on the right.. that would poss dropping Traore or playing him left...... but then we would have better options to come of the bench...which if we want to be regularly pushing we need to have.

Abraham

Traore     Grealish      Wakins

Luiz   Sanson (just to see what he can do)

Targett  Mings  Konsa    Cash

Or...and I'm not a big fan as you need the players but a 4-3-3...as discussed in the midfield topic...if we played three out and out midfielders it could work

Grealish       Abraham     Watkins

Luiz       Sanson      McGinn

Targett  Mings  Konsa    Cash

Tammy is a off one for me... Not sure I’d go back there personally ... I just don’t think he is of the quality we need for the £40mill plus he’ll no doubt cost. More rounded better players out there IMO. 

9 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I'd never heard of Luca Netz before a scout bought him to my attention on FM tonight. Now I see him mentioned on here on the same evening! I feel young again 😂

There's 2, luca netz and then Nuno Mendes at sporting but he's a CL huge club £40m signing 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Who ever starts you have the other for a sub and Smith would clearly have to bring the other on and use a sub faster than he does now. That's when Smith would really have to change abit and say I've for two excellent strikers and they  other need game time and whomever plays first half can at least rest because Smith has the option to do that.

The thing is if we did buy the lad Smith has more options at his disposal. I'm sure Tammy and Watkins can each take turns in who starts and Smith would be able to do that because hed have confidence in them both. Its convincing them that they will be subbed eavg game and could possibly take turns in starting, money talks there I'm afraid and if Tammy can get what he wants from Villa then if the price is right im pretty sure it wouldn't bother him so long as he did play. We do need a higher level striker at Villa besides Watkins and it's not impossible to lure one by saying they may have to be the super sub or at the very least start a game then be a sub a game.

I think it would mostly come down to would Tammy fit in here, point blank we know the answer is yes as he loved it here. No one wants to play second fiddle but Tammy could come here and aid in qualifying for europe, again if we can convince him wed ha e  wry two ace strikers and were a right type of injury from not having a striker who could do what Watkins does, why not have Tammy if the price is right and hes willing???

We cant be just having Watkins forever on his own if Wesley doesn't work out and we certainly cant be dealing with Davis or striker that cant score any longer, we need a backup and a suitable one at that and Tammy fits the mould.

At the moment what's better for Tammy, not playing games at Chelsea or at least getting an half at Villa, I'd know what I would choose.

It's not ideal for Tammy nor us. Watkins contributes way more than goals compared to Tammy, this makes him clear no1. Tammy won't come here to be number 2.

For us we will have a fit Wesley who we will need to give games in order to get money for even if we did want to move him on. However I see Wesley as having some promise. I also see Barry being the third choice next season. As a result this coming window isn't the time for signing new strikers. For me right wing, left back, and a centre back are all more pressing. Plus if we sell Hourihane he will need replacing.

I feel the only top quality creative attacker we have is Jack. We should be looking to spend upto 50m on a top class creative attacker (Barkley isn't top class and I would be going for one comfortable in both wide positions).

I actually think Hakim Ziyech who is struggling at Chelsea could be ideal as although he is not in great form a good run in a well organised team like ours he would find his feet. He is excellent at set pieces (a weakness in our team) has a fine passing range and can carry the ball.

Buying Tammy would be the wrong allocation of funds imo. We will need to spend 10 to 15m on the other two positions, however we have the younger Ramsey and Carney Chukwuemeka coming through so another CM probably isn't necessary. However I'd love to see Sander Barge Come in. A midfield off any 3 of McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey, Nakamba or Barge is strong, that would be great depth as well.

Edited by Philosopher