Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the secret is in the characteristic of player they have bought, it has given them a fine balance.

sure Haller was a duff one, but Soucek, Coufal and Bowen, was good buys....and keeping Rice was key.

You throw enough shit at a wall and some of it is bound to stick. They have been just throwing money around the place in recent years, they were bound to get some of their transfers right. Maybe they've gotten their act together now regarding transfers but that has semmed to coincide with Moyes coming back.

22 hours ago, Awol said:

Mentioned him before but Pulisic  gives you that on left or right. Would probably want a CL team if he was to leave Chelsea, but him, Jack and Ollie would be some front 3. 

you're right on CL ambitions but this is definitely the sort of player we should be going for. i think we will get a bit of a statement signing on the wing this summer personally

then just a striker that can challenge watkins plus probably a couple of younger full backs that we can develop but will still be adequate cover for targett and cash

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

You throw enough shit at a wall and some of it is bound to stick. They have been just throwing money around the place in recent years, they were bound to get some of their transfers right. Maybe they've gotten their act together now regarding transfers but that has semmed to coincide with Moyes coming back.

I think you are right..for years they got in wrong with recruitment, just like we did.

but for now, like us, they seem to be doing better.

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I just checked transfermarkt and he's playing in China with a contract until 2024?

Damn, you're right. I misread something. Maybe we could make his club an offer? Covid has really hurt clubs over there apparently. Pipe dream I suppose.

19 hours ago, tomav84 said:

you're right on CL ambitions but this is definitely the sort of player we should be going for. i think we will get a bit of a statement signing on the wing this summer personally

then just a striker that can challenge watkins plus probably a couple of younger full backs that we can develop but will still be adequate cover for targett and cash

There will be a meltdown on here if we don’t sign a defensive midfielder.  FWIW I think we will and Nakamba will leave. 

Some young players we could look at in the summer and don’t think they would break the bank: 

Jayden Bogle - RB back up

Antonee Robinson - LB back up

Harry Shouttar and/or Nathan Collins - CB back up

Michael Olise - Mid back up

Josh Maja - CF back up

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

Damn, you're right. I misread something. Maybe we could make his club an offer? Covid has really hurt clubs over there apparently. Pipe dream I suppose.

I’d imagine the wage he is on is insane to be honest 

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

No thanks, we already have Barkley and nobody has seen anything of Oscar in 5 years to say he is anywhere near Barkleys level

12 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

I think this is where transfer windows become difficult. We are no longer replacing rubbish. We are trying to upgrade all over.

Wingers

Cdm

Additional striker

Additional centre half.

It wont be cheap.

Sounds like last summer, did it then will do it again this summer. I don't think investment will be an issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thinking of new RBs, wonder if we're scouting Connor Roberts. Seems to create loads of chances for Swansea bombing down the right so fits the same profile as Cash and regular for Wales now.

Giving them Conor full time could help us there.

Welcome Steve Bruce 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Welcome Steve Bruce 

Well we'll need one as think we'll see Freddy go back to France full time for a couple of million and as much as I respect AEM given how good majority of his performances have been for us I think it's right to let him go in the summer.

Would leave us with Cash and Kesler and think a loan move next season would be the smart move as he's still only 18 and could really kick on if we find him a good club.

Other move which wouldn't shock me is going back in for Axel given he's been back at Man. United two years and is never going to be first choice there so him coming back would give us good cover at RB and CB.