Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Look man. We’re not signing Lookman. Because they won’t sell Lookman!

I think they’ll stay up. 

He's a RB Leipzig player on loan at Fulham, as far as I know they do not have any deal in place but might be wrong.

• Thanks 1

Berge hasn’t pulled up any trees but trust Lange & Mckenzies judgement over fans. Also need to bear in mind the quality surrounding him and the peculiar way that Sheff Utd set out to play - maybe he just hasn’t adapted to it yet. 

He would offer a different alternative to Luiz and we need to evolve the squad and have differing players for differing scenarios. Certain games having a 6’5 DM will come in handy over the silky skills of Luiz. A CM of Sanson, Luiz, McGinn and Berge with Carney and Ramsey is pretty special on paper and an upgrade on what we have now IMO .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Berge hasn’t pulled up any trees but trust Lange & Mckenzies judgement over fans. Also need to bear in mind the quality surrounding him and the peculiar way that Sheff Utd set out to play - maybe he just hasn’t adapted to it yet. 

He would offer a different alternative to Luiz and we need to evolve the squad and have differing players for differing scenarios. Certain games having a 6’5 DM will come in handy over the silky skills of Luiz. A CM of Sanson, Luiz, McGinn and Berge with Carney and Ramsey is pretty special on paper and an upgrade on what we have now IMO .

Is this a legit link, or a Birmingham Live special?

I know nothing about him but his profile seems to suit what we need.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this a legit link, or a Birmingham Live special?

I know nothing about him but his profile seems to suit what we need.

According to Birmingham Live Sheff Utd fans have demanded 25 million plus Hourihane for him. At least they've given up the sharade and admit they get their news from fans forums.

• Like 1

Maybe we should look at that hourihane chap at swans, scoring for fun atm. Also seems to be a dab hand at free kicks and set prices which we seem to not really have a good player for. I've heard apparently his defendings a bit lightweight, but at least he tries to defend unlike barkley so can't be worse 🤔

Not into Berge joining us, I am also kind of glad we stayed away from last season's demoted to the championship players. Lets face it if we do picking up players each season from relegated clubs to me it spells the beginning of a collection of players that would put us in that path of slipping away.

If berge was any good he'd if been a stand out player like Grealish was for us when we was nearly relegated, the guy would of shined for the club and would of been noticed on a constant basis, I dont think that has been the case. Sure hes not Grealish but a team has there players who stand out and I cant help but think that if we bring him here itd be a waste if a fee and a spot that could otherwise be occupied by someone of a much better calibre player.

We should be aiming for players who are kicking ass regular on the pitch, sure they cost a fortune but we must get to the next level in signings now.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Maybe we should look at that hourihane chap at swans, scoring for fun atm. Also seems to be a dab hand at free kicks and set prices which we seem to not really have a good player for. I've heard apparently his defendings a bit lightweight, but at least he tries to defend unlike barkley so can't be worse 🤔

Wondered how long it would take before people started thinking Hourihane was the answer.

Yes he scored some goals, the point is he isnt any use in open play, if you read the Swansea forum even they say it, a few posts around "great with set pieces and free kicks, but not much use in open play".......shock horror!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We have to start thinking bigger than the likes of spent cast-offs and aim for the top class players, potential will do for now, that will secure us a consistent top ten finish or better. I hold my hands in despair when I see Villa fans reaching for the box of tissues whenever the likes of Tammy Abraham's name is mentioned ..... a player who was less than convincing even in the Championship.

Having said that, Berge may be the real deal potentially but him aside, fans are missing the point with some of the players they are getting excited about !

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Wondered how long it would take before people started thinking Hourihane was the answer.

Yes he scored some goals, the point is he isnt any use in open play, if you read the Swansea forum even they say it, a few posts around "great with set pieces and free kicks, but not much use in open play).

Yeah I think anyone who brings up Hourihane to come back because hes abit handy with a set piece here and there has lost the plot.

I dont deny we need someone like that who is excellent at set pieces but they also need to be excellent at the role as well on field and not just good at one thing.

So no to Hourihane and let's go find a wicked midfielder who can do set pieces all while playing an ace game.

Someone like Christian Erikson would be our street, now I'm not saying him, but someone with his abilities. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

We have to start thinking bigger than the likes of spent cast-offs and aim for the top class players, potential will do for now, that will secure us a consistent top ten finish or better. I hold my hands in despair when I see Villa fans reaching for the box of tissues whenever the likes of Tammy Abraham's name is mentioned ..... a player who was less than convincing even in the Championship.

Having said that, Berge may be the real deal potentially but him aside, fans are missing the point with some of the players they are getting excited about !

I would of agreed with you till you mentioned Tammy, he did amazing for us and signalled what we needed in terms of a striker. Without Tammy joining us for a start I dont think wed have Watkins as he does the same type of job that Tammy does, hes simply all over the place, now imagine have a fresh Watkins on at half time, I wouldn't say no to having Tammy at Villa as well. 

Tammy also scored a crap load of goals for us to help put us where we are now and without him joining us we wouldn't be where we are now. I think Tammy is a player excused from the tissue box scenario so long as the fee were decent for us.

I do agree with you in how we need to think bigger now, I can agree we need to get on the same profile of player that the big clubs are on, it will cost more but our Owners can afford it. If Europe is to be a thing next season we need some big hitters coming in in the summer as I dont think we will get Europe this season unless we buckle up and make these games weve been losing of late a victory.

I also think bringing in the likes of Berge, Grealish will say wtf to that I said decent players who can give me a challenge as well as decent support.

If Tammy was right for Villa, he'd be playing every week for Chelsea ..... as was/is the case with Barkley. If he's not good enough in the eyes of numerous Chelsea managers then I think there's more than a clue there !

We have too many similar players in midfield.

Berge would be a very important signing imo.

Not seen too much of him but the few bits i've watched at SU he look very strong and also look surprisingly good on the ball despite his size.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Whenever I watched Sheff Utd last year I thought Berge was their stand out player (although granted that wasn’t that much).   He seemed very comfortable on the ball and a physical presence.

I’d definitely take him.  

Edited by claretman
  • Like 1

I very much doubt that we're interested in Berge, some seem to think that because he's big in size that he's some some sort of destroyer type midfielder, but he's not really, he's another box to box type midfielder, people were making the same mistake with Billing last summer; and given we already have McGinn, Sanson and Ramsey that can all do that job I don't think we will be signing another. If we sign another midfielder more than likely it will be an attacking one, or one with more of an attacking especially if we decide not to sign Barkley and Hourihane leaves, given the success of Cash and Watkins this season I wouldn't be surprised to see us try and sign DaSilva from Brentford.

Other than that I don't think we will strengthen our central midfield further unless one of Luiz or Nakamba leave.

• Like 3

i see that we've been linked with a bid to re-sign Tammy. I just don't think it makes sense from our point of view. Dean doesn't play two up top often, if ever at all. Already spent big on 2 strikers - and we're not moving Watkins out wide just to accommodate Tammy. We definitely need depth at striker but I think Tammy's just the wrong answer plus he'll cost a fortune.

58 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i see that we've been linked with a bid to re-sign Tammy. I just don't think it makes sense from our point of view. Dean doesn't play two up top often, if ever at all. Already spent big on 2 strikers - and we're not moving Watkins out wide just to accommodate Tammy. We definitely need depth at striker but I think Tammy's just the wrong answer plus he'll cost a fortune.

I've not seen the links but he would be a great signing.

That said, like you say we have Watkins and he isn't moving out wide...

We also have another lad who we spent 20 million on, I don't see us writing him off without seeing him in this team rather than the first half of last seasons team.

In other words its paper bollocks.