Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Giorgis Giakoumakis has 26 goals in 25 games for a relegation threatened team in Netherlands, has hit 4 twice since the New Year. Maybe if we are looking for a backup to Ollie we could look at somebody like this guy

That's prob more like the sort of deal we'll do for a back up striker. 

I just want to say that if this is true, we've gotten a huge bargain in Cash at 15 million pounds.  Aarons is a talent, but at double the price for Cash, IDK...

I think another year of sensible transfers to beef up our positions with expiring contracts and then we'll make waves in '22 with 1-2 blockbuster transfers to add some real star power to the team and we'll be in serious contention for the Champions League.   

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I just want to say that if this is true, we've gotten a huge bargain in Cash at 15 million pounds.  Aarons is a talent, but at double the price for Cash, IDK...

I think another year of sensible transfers to beef up our positions with expiring contracts and then we'll make waves in '22 with 1-2 blockbuster transfers to add some real star power to the team and we'll be in serious contention for the Champions League.   

I wanted him when he was 20 million, I still want him at 30, it locks down the position between the two of them for a decade. We need a similar transfer at left back too.

It sounds weird given how well our defence has done this year but I would bring in a centre back too as a matter of a priority.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Giorgis Giakoumakis has 26 goals in 25 games for a relegation threatened team in Netherlands, has hit 4 twice since the New Year. Maybe if we are looking for a backup to Ollie we could look at somebody like this guy

Over the last few decades for every star striker from Eredivisie there's been +10 junk signings in PL that I seem to remember

Players from the Eresdivisie really requires good scouting, cause the defending in the Dutch league has always been pure comedy. 

Personally I'd look at the Italian league. The quality in Serie A has increased last few years and I'm sure there are players there whom are excellent value of money. Language and stuff might be a problem, but maybe not. Can't really think of many players to use as examples though. Castagne at Leicester came from Atalanta mind? 

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

I don't know. Spending big this summer would really make sense. A lot of clubs are cash strapped and need the money that we have to offer. I don't know if we willl be in as strong a position next summer to do the same. Having said that, who knows how long the economic effects of the pandemic are going to last, maybe clubs will be in a worse situation next summer.

• Like 1

The Dutch have got a decent crop of young players coming through 

At AZ alone there's boadu, koopmeiners, Stengs and wijndal, they're north of £20m each

Someone will take the risk and they for the 2nd transfer if they're successful they're north of £30m

Another example to castagne would be saelemaekers at Milan, they bought him for £3.5m as a teenager, he's now an international and worth near 10x that, Vranckx has signed for wolfsburg too for decent money, he'll be linked to the PL for £20+ in a couple of years

8 hours ago, KMitch said:

It's by Fabrizio Romano and he barely gets them wrong.

I do agree that we appear to have grabbed a real bargain in signing Cash for what we did.

To be fair to Norwich, they have always rated Aaron's highly and always said they would be looking for big money for him and they are taking the same stance with Buendia.

But they are two very good players and along with Pukki, have been vital in their promotion push again this season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Everton also signed Godfrey from Norwich for over £20m this season.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

I wanted him when he was 20 million, I still want him at 30, it locks down the position between the two of them for a decade. We need a similar transfer at left back too.

It sounds weird given how well our defence has done this year but I would bring in a centre back too as a matter of a priority.

I get the sentiment, but I feel like for that kind of money we'd be better off improving elsewhere first. Plus I don't see either playing staying at the club for very long if they end up with an extended spell outside the first team, they're young players who want to be playing a lot at this point in their careers and should probably have loads of suitors for them. It'll be 30m for a right back backup for a couple of years at best.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Over the last few decades for every star striker from Eredivisie there's been +10 junk signings in PL that I seem to remember

My AEK supporting friend doesn't rate him. 

15 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I get the sentiment, but I feel like for that kind of money we'd be better off improving elsewhere first. Plus I don't see either playing staying at the club for very long if they end up with an extended spell outside the first team, they're young players who want to be playing a lot at this point in their careers and should probably have loads of suitors for them. It'll be 30m for a right back backup for a couple of years at best.

I understand your sentiment too, however either this summer or next we will have to start doing what I suggested simply because the squad will be more or less full enough and we will just be buying the right players regardless of position when they are available to us.

Aarons falls into that category and when you factor in that our second choice left back and right back are both off this summer then you need to bring quality players in that will genuinely compete with them and ideally have the potential to be better than the players currently starting.

41 minutes ago, hippo said:

I like Mcburnie at Sheff U - I think he would slot in nicely with our style of play.

Rather Edouard at the price quoted for him..... on my PSV mention earlier Donyell Malen

44 minutes ago, hippo said:

I like Mcburnie at Sheff U - I think he would slot in nicely with our style of play.

He's also the kind of player that would be happy to play second fiddle to Watkins and remain a PL player. I've always liked him too. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's also the kind of player that would be happy to play second fiddle to Watkins and remain a PL player. I've always liked him too. 

7 goals in 55 games, in the Premier League

Edited by paul514
Context
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bissouma - Go all out for him in the Summer. He would dramatically improve us. Super player. 

I like him too but I think we would be priced out, I can see him going for 40m.