Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Thinking about it....wonder if Bowen will actually become a target as the summer goes on?

West Ham very likely to be in europe so they'll sign a new striker and probably Lingard.

Likely will make Bowen surplus. He's actually scored 8 league goals this season from about 25 starts so decent ratio and fits in with what we're looking for, someone who can fill in centrally and also play out wide.

Only 24 and stepped up o.k to prem for top half team so we could do worse for about 15m.

He was a panic buy for WH and on stupid wages which likely means he’s stuck there for a while. In any event I think we will be looking for better than Bowen.

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

He was a panic buy for WH and on stupid wages which likely means he’s stuck there for a while. In any event I think we will be looking for better than Bowen.

He is effective but I wouldn’t say he is the next step in quality over Traore.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nakamura did an interview today and he is still playing at 42 :D 

Shinsuke Nakamura Come GIF - ShinsukeNakamura Come On - Discover & Share  GIFs

That's nothing.  Kazuyoshi Miura is 54 and still plays for Yokohama!

Edited by Wainy316

16 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

TRO, you might need to get your old boots out and see if you can convince Johan that age is just a number and you've got one last season in you??  Maybe with the jet pack, oxygen mask and knee braces?? 😉

Or maybe, given your missus' better tactical insight, she should borrow your boots and pitch up?

You have sussed it....she would be a better choice than me.

I know Nabil Fekir was a random Twitter shout so likely BS, but... a mate compared him to Bruno Fernandes in terms of the role he might play at Villa.

Is that a fair comparison of his ability? 

20 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm still gutted we didn't get Benrahma.  I know he was expensive but I think he is quality and pretty robust (rarely injured).  He could have played in Jack's place or allowed Jack to drop in to 10 or move right.  He also obviously knows Ollie pretty well.  I think he will come even better next season with a year's PL experience and a full pre-season.   

They haven't actually signed him have they? 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

They haven't actually signed him have they? 

He signed permanently during the Jan transfer window if my memory serves me right.

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

I know Nabil Fekir was a random Twitter shout so likely BS, but... a mate compared him to Bruno Fernandes in terms of the role he might play at Villa.

maybe but he is apparently made of glass, not seen him at Betis but at Lyon he was similar enough and was wanted for 65 million by Liverpool until they pulled the plug because of his medical history

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

maybe but he is apparently made of glass, not seen him at Betis but at Lyon he was similar enough and was wanted for 65 million by Liverpool until they pulled the plug because of his medical history

Cheers. Just checked his injury history and he’s not missed more than 5 games per season with injury back to the 16/17 season (I didn’t go back any further). Most seasons since then was only 3 or 4 games out. Doesn’t seem to be that delicate. 

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Cheers. Just checked his injury history and he’s not missed more than 5 games per season with injury back to the 16/17 season (I didn’t go back any further). Most seasons since then was only 3 or 4 games out. Doesn’t seem to be that delicate. 

yeah I think Lyon said the same thing at the time but he was linked to all the top teams when he was supposed to join Liverpool but ended up at Betis. Maybe the rumours of injuries put others off

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah I think Lyon said the same thing at the time but he was linked to all the top teams when he was supposed to join Liverpool but ended up at Betis. Maybe the rumours of injuries put others off

Seems a strange one to end up where he did. Definitely in the right talent bracket though. 

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Seems a strange one to end up where he did. Definitely in the right talent bracket though. 

yeah a little bit, he was still in the France squad at the start of the season

21 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm still gutted we didn't get Benrahma.  I know he was expensive but I think he is quality and pretty robust (rarely injured).  He could have played in Jack's place or allowed Jack to drop in to 10 or move right.  He also obviously knows Ollie pretty well.  I think he will come even better next season with a year's PL experience and a full pre-season.   

London is very appealing, not just for players already in the capital. That might have been a big reason. 

23 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Been totally wasted at West Ham, Moyes doesn't seem to have a clue how to play him, Hardly had a look in or a full game, although showed just what he could do when he started Monday night against Burnley, Would have done a lot better coming to you as him and Ollie had a great understanding, never mind, at least we made a few ££££'s out of him. 

• Like 4

Maybe he just isn't good enough to stand out at the top level. I doubt it, but it does happen. I never believed he was the next Mahrez or close, but certainly thought he'd make more of an impact. Still time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Awol said:

Yeah he's a number 10 who can link up with frontline no problem, averaged 6-7 goals a season in Spain.

• Thanks 1

On 02/05/2021 at 18:32, sidcow said:

Depends a lot on how Wesley comes back. 

Imagine if Ollie breaks a leg and Wesley is a shadow of his former self (the former self which hadn't even proved himself before he got injured anway) 

Then we've got ro rely on Davis and are just 1 more injury away from playing wingers as strikers. 

I don't think it's a priority but we've still got to think about another striker I feel. 

Even if that's the case, there's no need to spend all that money on Tammy when Ollie is more than up for it. We can find a suitable replacement for half the price (and possibly wages) 

• Thanks 1