Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

zero reason for us to loan Tuanzebe instead of signing a similar player on a permanent (I would even look at Andersen mentioned later on)

Would love Rico Henry here but are we going to spend that big on a backup LB?

No thanks to billing 

Definite interest from me in Pereira and Lookman 

I know he's been through a pretty rough patch, but I would be interested in Barkley at 15 mil or under. (Don't necessarily want him but would be a signing that placates Jack)

Loaning Tuanzebe would make zero sense. If we actually signed him he would need to be content in fighting Konsa for a starting place. He would be a great addition to our defence though.

I don't see the big hype around this Rico Henry guy and if we sign anymore players from Brentford, we may as well have purchased the whole club as it would have been cheaper to do so. And, if they get promoted, would they sell him?

Lookman I do rate but so just feel we have kicked on a little now. Signing him a couple of seasons ago is what we should have done, but for me I think there now maybe better options out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Would anyone take Amavi back on a free as left back competition?

Not really.

I think we need to be looking for players better than what we have and not as good as or as a back-up option imo.

In this case, Targett should be a player who should have to start to fight for his place now.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes

Out of all the talk of bringing players back it's surprising that he's not mentioned more

He was a good player at the wrong time, every time I saw him he seemed to love villa and the fans too, that might have gone now he's played for marseille 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Absolutely, and on a free it’s a no-brainer. Targett is one of our better performers this season, we’ve got many more areas to improve before LB - imo. Amavi would be fine back up. 

4 minutes ago, peterw said:

he wouldn't leave Marseille to sit on our bench. That said, he could be a useful left midfield/wing option.

If he's out of contract then it could be a choice of sit on our bench or sit at home out of job.

I'd rather we signed a young prospect than a backup just to be a backup. Rico Henry fits the bill except he'd probably be too expensive.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes, he’s an upgrade on taylor, free and he would push Targett for a starting position (a youngster or an older elmo type would not challenge Targett). He also knows the club and league so that would make it easier for him to adapt.

And again, he’s free. If we can use the 5-10m we would otherwise spend on a back up LB to spend extra on a much needed winger, that would really be a better option for our team.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If he's out of contract then it could be a choice of sit on our bench or sit at home out of job.

I'd rather we signed a young prospect than a backup just to be a backup. Rico Henry fits the bill except he'd probably be too expensive.

Perhaps but what is too expensive? I'm firmly of the belief we need to start spending. Many thought the price we paid for Watkins was way too much.

Cash was Player of the season for Forest and valued at £16million. How much would Henry be?

Surely the Henry wants PL football, will he get it with Brentford? If he doesn't then a couple of PL clubs will be interested, maybe we will be one of them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Loaning Tuanzebe would make zero sense. If we actually signed him he would need to be content in fighting Konsa for a starting place. He would be a great addition to our defence though.

I don't see the big hype around this Rico Henry guy and if we sign anymore players from Brentford, we may as well have purchased the whole club as it would have been cheaper to do so. And, if they get promoted, would they sell him?

Lookman I do rate but so just feel we have kicked on a little now. Signing him a couple of seasons ago is what we should have done, but for me I think there now maybe better options out there.

Loan with an option to buy makes a lot of sense. Gives him a chance to prove his fitness.

I think signing three key first team players can massively push us forward

Sander Berge

Matheus Pereira

Tammy Abraham

This would add some adaptability to out forward department and the needed steel in midfield. Watkins can play left forward or centre forward, Pereira right forward or no10, Jack left forward or No10. Wesley can play CF or no10 (Deano said he can play well as second striker).

Tammy

Watkins Grealish Pereira

Berge Luiz

Targett Mings Konsa Cash

Martinez

Bench would have players like Sanson, McGinn, Wesley, Traore, El Ghazi, Hause, Nakamba, Kessler, Ramsey etc.. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The question is, would Amavi ever return to his Villa park nightmare!

He's always talked positively about us when asked from what I've seen.  Coupled with that he'll be able to see that we're a much different prospect now too.

• Like 1

I agree we don't need Tammy as a top priority. But how often do you get the opportunity to sign a player of his proven quality, at his age, with his potential. So it's a decision on, do we let this opportunity go? It depends entirely on if Watkins and Tammy can play in same team 

If Watkins was left forward, Tammy in CF and Jack in 10. Jack would naturally drift onto the left with Watkins into the centre. Mane and Salah have scored buckets of goals from left and right forward positions for Liverpool. City have a more fluid system than solely the starting positions.

It totally depends how Deano wants to set up the team next season

• Like 3

The key area of football development in the next few seasons is going to be in the fullback positions. The way city's FBs play and support the midfield is how teams will look to play moving forward.

Edited by Sulberto21

Apparently Leicester want Ivan Toney.

Could this possibly open the door for Iheanacho? Been on fire recently, or could they keep all 3 strikers happy?

Argument could be that Vardy is in the twilight of his career? Can't see him wanting to hang about the bench much longer.

Still only 24 as well.

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The key area of football development in the next few seasons is going to be in the fullback positions. The way city's FBs play and support the midfield is how teams will look to play moving forward.

A few teams are using the back 3 system very well too. Look at Chelsea, they look solid. But I guess regardless of the system it helps when you have the best players! 

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Leicester want Ivan Toney.

Could this possibly open the door for Iheanacho? Been on fire recently, or could they keep all 3 strikers happy?

Argument could be that Vardy is in the twilight of his career? Can't see him wanting to hang about the bench much longer.

Still only 24 as well.

I think they've got more chance of keeping those players happy with rotation. 

• Like 1