Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He signed a year extension last season as Utd fans went into meltdown assuming it would just mean another year's wages for an ineffective player. 

Luckily for all parties he's played at a level that means it would be very surprising if they didn't have bids this summer. 

I was talking about Heaton.

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think signing three key first team players can massively push us forward

Sander Berge

Matheus Pereira

Tammy Abraham

This would add some adaptability to out forward department and the needed steel in midfield. Watkins can play left forward or centre forward, Pereira right forward or no10, Jack left forward or No10. Wesley can play CF or no10 (Deano said he can play well as second striker).

Tammy

Watkins Grealish Pereira

Berge Luiz

Targett Mings Konsa Cash

Martinez

Bench would have players like Sanson, McGinn, Wesley, Traore, El Ghazi, Hause, Nakamba, Kessler, Ramsey etc.. 

We. Are. Not. Going. To. Play. Watkins. On. The. Wing.

Pereira is alright but not the required quality.

Berge is SUPPOSED to be good but has been awful in a team who has performed awfully. 

If you can't tell I don't think much of your suggestions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The key area of football development in the next few seasons is going to be in the fullback positions. The way city's FBs play and support the midfield is how teams will look to play moving forward.

That is the point of 4-2-3-1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Does Salah play on the "wing"?

He plays on what we call the wing these days 'wide forward'

They are only a wide forward when we are attacking, in defence they are left midfielders.

So can Watkins play in a wide forward role in a team akin to Mane with the high press and work rate? Is that an option in terms of a system change available to Dean Smith ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So can Watkins play in a wide forward role in a team akin to Mane with the high press and work rate? Is that an option in terms of a system change available to Dean Smith ?

No, we don't have Liverpool's level of quality and Watkins isn't the quality of Mane or Salah.

We have a system.

I didn't ask if he was the same level as Mane or if we were the same level of quality as Liverpool. We have a system we've used this season, we had a couple of systems last season we used and again back in the Championship. It seems the system has evolved year on year you could say.

So your opinion is Watkins isn't capable of playing a wide pressing forward role akin (but not to the same level as) Mane. Which means he's only capable of playing the lone CF role. Which if Dean Smith agreed with that assessment would have no interest in signing Tammy

Edited by CVByrne

18 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

zero reason for us to loan Tuanzebe instead of signing a similar player on a permanent (I would even look at Andersen mentioned later on)

Would love Rico Henry here but are we going to spend that big on a backup LB?

No thanks to billing 

Definite interest from me in Pereira and Lookman 

I know he's been through a pretty rough patch, but I would be interested in Barkley at 15 mil or under. (Don't necessarily want him but would be a signing that placates Jack)

I think the more players the club signs to placate Jack the more cemented into the club he will be.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Leicester want Ivan Toney.

Could this possibly open the door for Iheanacho? Been on fire recently, or could they keep all 3 strikers happy?

Argument could be that Vardy is in the twilight of his career? Can't see him wanting to hang about the bench much longer.

Still only 24 as well.

Surely they will buy to replace Steptoe as he falls away rather than buying to sell?

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No, we don't have Liverpool's level of quality and Watkins isn't the quality of Mane or Salah.

We have a system.

I dunno. I think we might use Watkins wide. I'll admit I didn’t at first, but it would not surprise me if we moved Jack centrally. It's obviously hard to assess now when we haven't seen our recruitment plans.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I didn't ask if he was the same level as Mane or if we were the same level of quality as Liverpool. We have a system we've used this season, we had a couple of systems last season we used and again back in the Championship. It seems the system has evolved year on year you could say.

So your opinion is Watkins isn't capable of playing a wide pressing forward role akin (but not to the same level as) Mane. Which means he's only capable of playing the lone CF role. Which if Dean Smith agreed with that assessment would have no interest in signing Tammy

Do you really want to go into Liverpool's tactics? and why it works for them and not for us? Is it not obvious?

Liverpool use their front three differently to how we us ours, their front three play virtually as three strikers, rather than two wingers and a striker, and they can do this because they don't commit their midfielders, if you look at their line-ups they don't usually play with creative players in central midfield, having that extra security gives more license to Salah and Mane to attack more and also allows their fullbacks to play virtually as wingers.

• Thanks 1

Just now, useless said:

Liverpool use their front three differently to how we us ours, their front three play virtually as three strikers, rather than two wingers and a striker, and they can do this because they don't commit their midfielders, if you look at their line-ups they don't usually play with creative players in central midfield, having that extra security gives more license to Salah and Mane to attack more and also allows their fullbacks to play virtually as wingers.

And Firmino doesn't play as a centre forward but more like a 10, then there is the quality of the full backs.....

Like, seriously isn't this all obvious to everyone?

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

And Firmino doesn't play as a centre forward but more like a 10, then there is the quality of the full backs.....

Like, seriously isn't this all obvious to everyone?

And that's probably why moving Watkins can work, cause it depends on the striker we bring in.