Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Thinking about it....wonder if Bowen will actually become a target as the summer goes on?

West Ham very likely to be in europe so they'll sign a new striker and probably Lingard.

Likely will make Bowen surplus. He's actually scored 8 league goals this season from about 25 starts so decent ratio and fits in with what we're looking for, someone who can fill in centrally and also play out wide.

Only 24 and stepped up o.k to prem for top half team so we could do worse for about 15m.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Thinking about it....wonder if Bowen will actually become a target as the summer goes on?

West Ham very likely to be in europe so they'll sign a new striker and probably Lingard.

Likely will make Bowen surplus. He's actually scored 8 league goals this season from about 25 starts so decent ratio and fits in with what we're looking for, someone who can fill in centrally and also play out wide.

Only 24 and stepped up o.k to prem for top half team so we could do worse for about 15m.

Can’t see West Ham selling him as he’s a good squad player for them. Didn’t he cost £20m ish anyway? Can’t see them letting him go for £15m.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

El Ghazi has 9 from less starts...

On a serious note the opportunity for him has passed, same with Sarr, Aarons, Buendia etc.

You take the opportunity or you move on

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's started a lot in their recent games and they bought him for up to £20-25million. I think we might need to look elsewhere. He looks good though.

I'd love to see someone of the ilk of Thomas Mueller. Anyone with his pedigree in our young squad would be fantabulous. I think we'd win more games and this mystery players experience and winning mentality will take our squad to another level.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didnt he ask for something like 80k a week to sign for West Ham

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Almost certain Engels is gone. Has not played a single minute for us this season and we have only got 4 senior centre backs.

Sell him for 3-4m and bring in Axel for 7m (as quoted) seems sound business to me?  I hope that they can make this happen.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not sold on Pereira and what not. I'm sure some of them could work out for us, but what we need is to get in quality that's on another level to what we got. Is that him? 

No point buying depth. We can buy first teamers and improve depth by replacing current first teamers. 

I would say that Pereira, over a season, is on a different level to what we have had from Barkley.  And he has done this at a relatively young age and in an offensively poor team.  The kid would look better again with Jack on one side, Ollie in front of him making the runs and our new RW on the other side.  Having said that, I am sure that there are alternatives - the question is whether we can get them to come to the Villa at this stage and what they will cost (and how their cost impacts on what we can do elsewhere).

I agree that we should buy first teamers where we need them/can afford them, but, at this stage in our development, I don't think we should try and buy, for example, a Matt Targett or Ezri Konsa replacement/upgrade but we do need suitable competition/cover.

I think there are issues we need to understand/deal with:

• FFP, although I am not entirely sure what has happened with this now.
  • The owners spend/budget aspirations - and none of us will know what these are.
  • The likelihood of bringing in "star" players to a mid-table PL side, albeit a very ambitious one, without European football.
  • The mix - personally, I wouldn't want to bring in a large number of foreign based players?  I would hope for a maximum of two overseas players, a couple of championship players and a couple of premier league (or in the case of Edouard, if he were to come, SPL - at least he is used to the weather!)

16 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Im quite relaxed aboit who we buy as the recruitment has been excellent. As long as we dont block opportubities for the promising u23's to get a few mins

The vast majority are so young at the minute that I'm not sure this factors in this window?  Maybe in 12-18 months time?

2 hours ago, TRO said:

was watching Dwight McNeill last night against West Ham.

Not much to write home about, for me....not particularly busy.

Same conclusion. Benrahma on the other hand, was quite good. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Same conclusion. Benrahma on the other hand, was quite good. 

I'm still gutted we didn't get Benrahma.  I know he was expensive but I think he is quality and pretty robust (rarely injured).  He could have played in Jack's place or allowed Jack to drop in to 10 or move right.  He also obviously knows Ollie pretty well.  I think he will come even better next season with a year's PL experience and a full pre-season.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vreitti said:

Sure, [Jari Litmanen] recently turned 50. Thankfully age is just a number. 

If he were Japanese, he'd have five years left in him!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vreitti said:

Sure, he recently turned 50. Thankfully age is just a number. 

I think the clue was in the post " Like" perhaps you missed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think the clue was in the post " Like" perhaps you missed it.

TRO, you might need to get your old boots out and see if you can convince Johan that age is just a number and you've got one last season in you??  Maybe with the jet pack, oxygen mask and knee braces?? 😉

Or maybe, given your missus' better tactical insight, she should borrow your boots and pitch up?

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

TRO, you might need to get your old boots out and see if you can convince Johan that age is just a number and you've got one last season in you??  Maybe with the jet pack, oxygen mask and knee braces?? 😉

Or maybe, given your missus' better tactical insight, she should borrow your boots and pitch up?

She's a fan of Luiz then I take it?:P