Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Has Amavi improved since he left Villa I've not watched any game since?

Be nice for him to come back and right some wrongs. Seemed a great lad and it was a tough rehab but I remember him coming back and getting absolutely rinsed by some really poor sides.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Has Amavi improved since he left Villa I've not watched any game since?

Be nice for him to come back and right some wrongs. Seemed a great lad and it was a tough rehab but I remember him coming back and getting absolutely rinsed by some really poor sides.

Me too.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think they've got more chance of keeping those players happy with rotation. 

Agree. With Champions league and cup runs they’ll all get plenty of opportunities. You can’t help but admire Leicester. Winning the league was unbelievable and a freak occurrence. But after that they could have sold all their better players and become a mid table team at best. Their recruitment really has been spot on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

If he's out of contract then it could be a choice of sit on our bench or sit at home out of job.

I'd rather we signed a young prospect than a backup just to be a backup. Rico Henry fits the bill except he'd probably be too expensive.

I too, would sooner sign players on the way up, not on the way down.

fortunately, that is the club policy too.....my only exception, would be a midfield General, where experience is key.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Leicester want Ivan Toney.

Could this possibly open the door for Iheanacho? Been on fire recently, or could they keep all 3 strikers happy?

Argument could be that Vardy is in the twilight of his career? Can't see him wanting to hang about the bench much longer.

Still only 24 as well.

I thought they were supposed to be signing Edouard?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think they've got more chance of keeping those players happy with rotation. 

Fair play, also the perks of being " up there " and involved in multiple competetions I guess. Which is what we are aiming for.

Hopefully we can aim for longer cup runs and so on to give fringe players more game time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

If he's out of contract then it could be a choice of sit on our bench or sit at home out of job.

I'd rather we signed a young prospect than a backup just to be a backup. Rico Henry fits the bill except he'd probably be too expensive.

If he can't find another professional football team willing to offer him a job then it's fair to say he isn't good enough for our bench.

• Like 1

every club can want who they like, but the club they are registered to, has to want to sell.

It might seem obvious, 'cause it is.

all these players these news lines put through, have no evidence the selling club is happy to sell.

Edited by TRO

Amavi on a free initially sounds enticing but, you then need to factor in his wage demands which I would suggest be quite substantial and do you offer your back up LB more than the current incumbent ? 

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Dean Smith had him at Walsall then signed him for Brentford, he knows exactly how he plays, until his recent injury he was the outstanding attacking full back in the Championship, he can step up to the Prem with ease, Hopefully with us, if we don't make it I can see DS coming in for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Perhaps but what is too expensive? I'm firmly of the belief we need to start spending. Many thought the price we paid for Watkins was way too much.

Cash was Player of the season for Forest and valued at £16million. How much would Henry be?

Surely the Henry wants PL football, will he get it with Brentford? If he doesn't then a couple of PL clubs will be interested, maybe we will be one of them?

I think we should be looking for a James Justin type persoanlly. Leicester signed him for about 8m and he bidded his time as backup for half a season before breaking in towards end of 19/20 when they got injuries to likes of Ricardo Peirera.

Don't really see the point in spending 15m + on one as given how Targett's played this year he'll be starting 30 + games next season unless he gets an injury so 15-30m signings must be for starters in positions where we need them.

I've mentioned him a few times but Conor Roberts at Swansea is one I'd seriously look at. Can play at RB or RWB so similar to Cash profile last summer, starts every game for Wales and given they may sign Hourihane for 4-5m then it seems a sensible deal if we propose him in return plus another 5-6m.

The sort who could come in as back up first then would get his chances with Cash getting suspended or another 3-4 week injury.

• Like 1

Were bound to buy one Brentford player, without a doubt we've started a relationship with them and a player a season at least seems to be on the cards, question is who will that player be?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Leicester want Ivan Toney.

Could this possibly open the door for Iheanacho? Been on fire recently, or could they keep all 3 strikers happy?

Argument could be that Vardy is in the twilight of his career? Can't see him wanting to hang about the bench much longer.

Still only 24 as well.

I think Vardy time might be up, 2 goals in 22 games at the moment

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Dean Smith had him at Walsall then signed him for Brentford, he knows exactly how he plays, until his recent injury he was the outstanding attacking full back in the Championship, he can step up to the Prem with ease, Hopefully with us, if we don't make it I can see DS coming in for him.

Let's guess the price more than 19 but less than 21??

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I thought they were supposed to be signing Edouard?

If I were Leicester or us for that matter I wouldn’t go near Edouard. Watched him a few times and seems clumsy, not that quick or physical. I can see why he might get goals in Scotland but not in the premier league and certainly not for £30 + million. If you compare him to Dembele who I think he replaced it’s like night and day 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

the problem with Henry though, is he has more injuries than i have changes of underwear......