Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'm normally dead against going back on players that formerly played for us, but James Milner changed that for me with his loan. 

Tammy would do. I don't think they are in a position to demand £ 40 million mind, but it's not my money. 

On Sander Berge, like I've said before. Just no. No. In theory he is what we need, but I've never seen him perform to the standard needed. Not sure what the hype is. Was he a Championship Manager super signing or something? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

On 02/05/2021 at 14:35, DaveAV1 said:

Any long term injury to Mings or Konsa and how much would we need a good CB then? We’ve been lucky in that regard this season. 

We are fine at CB unless Engels goes and then a suitable replacement would be needed. 

On 02/05/2021 at 20:09, dubbs said:

Heaton and Guilbert will most likely be off at the end of the season so we lose a bit of depth there. 

I'm more concerned about losing Martinez than Heaton. I think he's going have some interest in the summer.

12 hours ago, JamieZ said:

I reckon we could get the actual Jari Litmanen or Sami Hyypiä if we wanted 'em.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jari Litmanen is still playing  for some random club and ends up signing for a team like Crystal Palace in teh January window in 3 years time

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm normally dead against going back on players that formerly played for us, but James Milner changed that for me with his loan. 

Tammy would do. I don't think they are in a position to demand £ 40 million mind, but it's not my money. 

On Sander Berge, like I've said before. Just no. No. In theory he is what we need, but I've never seen him perform to the standard needed. Not sure what the hype is. Was he a Championship Manager super signing or something? 

He was great in Football Manager a few seasons ago like Ajer at Celtic, probably where some of the hype comes from. Hasnt done anything of note at Sheffield United

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Has to be a quality over quantity window now, we need to look at players for the next level up.

YEah unlike last 2 summers we dont need much either. Think we will sign 3 players at most and maybe some young players to develop.  Centre midfield, winger and left back and I think we will give Wesley a season before going for a striker

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Might Liverpool look to move on from Wijnaldum? 

Presumably bigger clubs would be in for him, but we 'got money' as Nixon has pointed out. 

He is on a Bosman and he wont sign a new deal, think he will go to Barcelona if Koeman stays on

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why not just say the name?

Becasue journalists live and die by their sources and it might affect him getting info in the future. I also assume it is a very early stage of negotiation and to give out the name now might scupper the negotiation?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

This kid is dynamic and fun to watch. He has that horrible pace that I think we are lacking. Him or one of my favourite two players at Lille (two of the Jonathons) would be excellent for us. Depending on where Jack plays (left or central) we can hopefully get two of those three. 

Traore PLUS...

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Becasue journalists live and die by their sources and it might affect him getting info in the future. I also assume it is a very early stage of negotiation and to give out the name now might scupper the negotiation?

Fair enough. Either that or he’s full of shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1