Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah but when they are not playing well you would imagine that they would then try king out. Everton have been poor for abit now, since we got Covid around that time, you wod just think that somewhere they would of given king a chance.

They arent struggling up front though, only 2 games since King joined they didnt score and was Chelsea and CIty

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we will sign a striker, Wesley has returned and Davis as 3rd choice will be the strikers next season with Barry behind them and Traore and Anwar can play up front if we get so many injuries

I agree, It's just for the people who have a hard on for a striker every window.

Edited by paul514

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I am even more curious as to whether Smith has had any time with Toney while he was at Brentford if so then he will know the lad personally. I don't know how long Toney has been at Brentford do, anyone know?

They signed him last summer.... I said we should sign him and cut out the middle man as a joke and 1 season later here we are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just posting, this fella is new so as yet unproven.

Who's that? He just talks about players we are always linked with in the media

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

They signed him last summer.... I said we should sign him and cut out the middle man as a joke and 1 season later here we are.

Good shout then from your shame the club didn't go get him as he's done very well for himself and his club.

29 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Looks to me like this is another one of those accounts that just trawl through Internet forums (such as this) and other news articles and recycle. They’re neither ITK or news, it’s more copy and paste bollox. Ignore them and they’ll disappear, keep clicking through to their shit and they’ll ramp the shit up.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thunderball said:

sounds like  he just reads this thread and posts rumours based on it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of his other links is Gabriel Menino to man City, big CM prospect from Brazil but he'd be the same as Luiz in that they'd struggle to get a work permit 

If they did manage to get him that'd probably be a Luiz return put to bed 

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

We will defo be in for a striker. 

We were very serious for Callum Wilson in the Summer and he elected to join NUFC when he had an offer from us, we quickly secured Watkins thereafter but Watkins was always number 1 choice so we were getting both if it had gone to plan. Nothing has really changed: Wesley remains an unknown until he hopefully gets up to speed, they won’t risk all that investment going to waste if Watkins gets injured and we have no forward worthy of leading the line.

Good post and I totally agree, we will be in for a striker.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

If we are going for another striker, then I'd rather us go in and get Ivan Toney and throw some money Brentfords way.

Toney plays as a first and second striker, 44 appearances, 30 goals and 10 assist, you can't ignore that given how successful Watkins has been for us.

Good shout if we don't get promoted, He all the attributes that Ollie has, plus has taken all our penalties (9) and not missed one, also tracks back very quick and more than an able defender, and that's unusual for a striker, I did say all along on this forum just how good Ollie was, In my mind Ivan is even better, and just like Ollie will have no problem stepping up to he Prem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Good shout if we don't get promoted, He all the attributes that Ollie has, plus has taken all our penalties (9) and not missed one, also tracks back very quick and more than an able defender, and that's unusual for a striker, I did say all along on this forum just how good Ollie was, In my mind Ivan is even better, and just like Ollie will have no problem stepping up to he Prem.

Seems like its between you and Bournemouth in the playoffs

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

zero reason for us to loan Tuanzebe instead of signing a similar player on a permanent (I would even look at Andersen mentioned later on)

Would love Rico Henry here but are we going to spend that big on a backup LB?

No thanks to billing 

Definite interest from me in Pereira and Lookman 

I know he's been through a pretty rough patch, but I would be interested in Barkley at 15 mil or under. (Don't necessarily want him but would be a signing that placates Jack)

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

zero reason for us to loan Tuanzebe instead of signing a similar player on a permanent (I would even look at Andersen mentioned later on)

Would love Rico Henry here but are we going to spend that big on a backup LB?

No thanks to billing 

Definite interest from me in Pereira and Lookman 

I know he's been through a pretty rough patch, but I would be interested in Barkley at 15 mil or under. (Don't necessarily want him but would be a signing that placates Jack)

I would get cheeky and take the piss with utd.

I would so tell them if they wanted Heaton that bad, then give us Lingard...

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

One of his other links is Gabriel Menino to man City, big CM prospect from Brazil but he'd be the same as Luiz in that they'd struggle to get a work permit 

If they did manage to get him that'd probably be a Luiz return put to bed 

I'm sure Prince will could get a work permit sorted quickly.

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would get cheeky and take the piss with utd.

I would so tell them if they wanted Heaton that bad, then give us Lingard...

He’s out of contract

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He’s out of contract

He signed a year extension last season as Utd fans went into meltdown assuming it would just mean another year's wages for an ineffective player. 

Luckily for all parties he's played at a level that means it would be very surprising if they didn't have bids this summer.