Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Even if that's the case, there's no need to spend all that money on Tammy when Ollie is more than up for it. We can find a suitable replacement for half the price (and possibly wages) 

Even if people are adamant that we need another striker, we don't have to buy an expensive player we could get an old pro or someone on a free transfer on a 1 year deal. I don't like him but Josh King is out of contract at the end of the season and there is always old pro's available every year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1/plus//galerie/0?jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

That's the premier league strikers out of contract this summer plus King who is classed as a second striker. 

La Liga 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/laliga/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/ES1/plus//galerie/0?jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Serie A

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/serie-a/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/IT1/plus//galerie/0?jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Bundesliga

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bundesliga/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/L1/plus//galerie/0?jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Ligue 1

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ligue-1/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/FR1/plus//galerie/0?jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No to Josh king, I once said I'd like him to join us in the Summer but after seeing how he played against us other day, not a chance in hell I want him here now.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I dont think we will sign a striker, Wesley has returned and Davis as 3rd choice will be the strikers next season with Barry behind them and Traore and Anwar can play up front if we get so many injuries

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No to Josh king, I once said I'd like him to join us in the Summer but after seeing how he played against us other day, not a chance in hell I want him here now.

He played 9 minutes

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played 9 minutes

How well has he done all season?? Not been very good has he?

Everton fans things he's been the biggest waste of money they spent.

Edited by Dave-R

We will defo be in for a striker. 

We were very serious for Callum Wilson in the Summer and he elected to join NUFC when he had an offer from us, we quickly secured Watkins thereafter but Watkins was always number 1 choice so we were getting both if it had gone to plan. Nothing has really changed: Wesley remains an unknown until he hopefully gets up to speed, they won’t risk all that investment going to waste if Watkins gets injured and we have no forward worthy of leading the line.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

How well has he done all season?? Not been very good has he?

Everton fans things he's been the biggest waste of money they spent.

He has made 10 sub appearances since he joined in January

Everton fans are idiots then as I can think of at least 10 players in the Everton squad or played in the last 2 season who are a bigger waste of money than a 2 million signing

Davis should be demanding to go out on loan, he needs game time, this season he's only played 334 minutes of football in all competitions, that's less than four games worth, another season like that will be detrimental to his progress and development.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We will defo be in for a striker. 

We were very serious for Callum Wilson in the Summer and he elected to join NUFC when he he n offer from us, we quickly secured Watkins thereafter but Watkins was always number 1 choice so we were getting both if it had gone to plan. Nothing has really changed, Wesley remains an unknown until he hopefully gets up to speed (but we needed two last season), they won’t risk all that investment going to waste because Watkins gets injured and we have no forward worthy of leading the line.

If we are going for another striker, then I'd rather us go in and get Ivan Toney and throw some money Brentfords way.

Toney plays as a first and second striker, 44 appearances, 30 goals and 10 assist, you can't ignore that given how successful Watkins has been for us.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has made 10 sub appearances since he joined in January

Everton fans are idiots then as I can think of at least 10 players in the Everton squad or played in the last 2 season who are a bigger waste of money than a 2 million signing

He's struggled to get game time there yes, so what does that tell you?

It tells me that while Everton have been playing worse than us that despite there form that King has been struggling to impress to get into the first team for a full 90 minutes.

It would be like bringing Benteke back here, it just won't work out I don't think.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Davis should be demanding to go out on loan, he needs game time, this season he's only played 334 minutes of football in all competitions, that's less than four games worth, another season like that will be detrimental to his progress and development.

Pretty tellling aswell after finally scoring in premier league he only got the last 5 minutes at the weekend. Game was poised for 1-1 for ages so he could've come on at the hour mark but didn't.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If we are going for another striker, then I'd rather us go in and get Ivan Toney and throw some money Brentfords way.

Toney plays as a first and second striker, 44 appearances, 30 goals and 10 assist, you can't ignore that given how successful Watkins has been for us.

Agree, looks a very decent player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He's struggled to get game time there yes, so what does that tell you?

It tells me that while Everton have been playing worse than us that despite there form that King has been struggling to impress to get into the first team for a full 90 minutes.

It would be like bringing Benteke back here, it just won't work out I don't think.

eh it tells me they have the 5th top scorer in the league playing for them and also Richarlison who is a threat. King was brought in as there back up

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Agree, looks a very decent player. 

I am even more curious as to whether Smith has had any time with Toney while he was at Brentford if so then he will know the lad personally. I don't know how long Toney has been at Brentford do, anyone know?

Toney would cost nearly as much as Tammy surely?

They sold us Ollie for nearly 30m and Toney scoring record is better plus I reckon Peterbrough have bigger sell on clause than Exeter did aswell. No chance they'll sell if they come up either.

I think we'll sign a striker in 15-20m range or even perhaps season long loan.

• Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

I am even more curious as to whether Smith has had any time with Toney while he was at Brentford if so then he will know the lad personally. I don't know how long Toney has been at Brentford do, anyone know?

They signed him last summer.

Brentford would want as much for Toney as we paid for Watkins, if not more, and despite more goals from what I've seen Watkins looks the better all round player. If you were going to spend that much on Toney you'd might as well just go for Abraham who is a similar type of player, but younger and proven in the premier league. Dike is the championship strikey I'd look at.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Toney was Watkins’ replacement, he’s never worked with Smith.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

eh it tells me they have the 5th top scorer in the league playing for them and also Richarlison who is a threat. King was brought in as there back up

Yeah but when they are not playing well you would imagine that they would then try king out. Everton have been poor for abit now, since we got Covid around that time, you wod just think that somewhere they would of given king a chance.