Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Been linked to Carlos Soler and Nabil Fekir. I know Fekir all about them.

Very good players. Fekir dipped a bit from his stock at Lyon but still reasonably creative midfielder although discipline not great. Soler central or right midfielder who scored a cracker last night v Barca....but I don't see any logic in interest as he's similar type to Sanson so would be a bit odd to dump 20m + on another midfielder of that ilk.

• Like 1

Fekir also linked with arsenal so his agent must be tarting him out

Soler could be like sanson in another way - if lange sniffs a deal and we can get him undervalue then maybe we take it, was linked with £40m prem moves a few years back - if that was the case the names at valencia that I've not actually seen play would be musah and Kang in Lee 

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Been linked to Carlos Soler and Nabil Fekir.

Nabil Fekir is 27 and plays for Real Betis and I doubt he will have no resale value to him if we signed him.

His younger brother is Yassin Fekir 23 also at Real Betis.

I can't see either Fekir arriving imo.

On 02/05/2021 at 18:19, Awol said:

In Villa-land that’s excellent form! (And Utd cheated..) 

Point is with Ollie in front of him and better players either side I think he’d thrive in the 10 role. Also gives him more room to roam instead of being pinned up against the touch line by two right backs. 

I think Jack could play anywhere.  I would love to have Rashica and Olise (probably circa £25m-£30m for the pair if the press is right) and then you have three options for two spots - ACM and LW - all capable of interchanging and, for Jack and Rashica, playing RW if needed.  This gives is real options but also means that Jack could alternate during games - that fluidity would be a huge benefit and make it really difficult for teams to set up to counteract Jack on the LW as West Ham, Leicester and Brighton did before Jack got injured.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I think Jack could play anywhere.  I would love to have Rashica and Olise (probably circa £25m-£30m for the pair if the press is right) and then you have three options for two spots - ACM and LW - all capable of interchanging and, for Jack and Rashica, playing RW if needed.  This gives is real options but also means that Jack could alternate during games - that fluidity would be a huge benefit and make it really difficult for teams to set up to counteract Jack on the LW as West Ham, Leicester and Brighton did before Jack got injured.

I haven't heard a lot about him, what's he like and would he be up for a move to us? :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nabil Fekir is 27 and plays for Real Betis and I doubt he will have no resale value to him if we signed him.

His younger brother is Yassin Fekir 23 also at Real Betis.

I can't see either Fekir arriving imo.

I'd have none of the Fekkers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'd have none of the Fekkers.

I couldn't give a Fekir or there who comes to Villa as long as it's along the same lines as last years recruitment but with the added step up in quality our league position and owners wealth should bring. 

It’s pretty likely we dip into the championship for a player or two. Plenty of young talent in there.

Olise, Brooks, Armstrong, Sibley, Tyrese Campbell, Dasilva and many many more.

was watching Dwight McNeill last night against West Ham.

Not much to write home about, for me....not particularly busy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, John said:

I haven't heard a lot about him, what's he like and would he be up for a move to us? :D

The problem is John....we want players with consistency....These expensive players need some due diligence.

If you watch the you tube exploits of Bertrand Traore, you'd think we have a Barcelona player.

Its so easy to buy a pig in a poke.

To find a Mount or a Grealish, with their consistency is so hard.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

It will be a very interesting Summer ahead for sure.  Anxious about Jack and what will happen with him tbh, but aside from that am intrigued by what direction we will go regarding improving the squad.  Main needs for me are: Another ST, another winger, better cover for Targett and Cash, and another AM. Besides this, just get some better depth without as @GingerCollins29 said taking away some valuable time from the nice crop of youth we have. I especially want to see how much better Barry and others can progress in pre-season.

Edited by Big Salad

14 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I can only see Van de Beek coming here if Grealish goes in the opposite direction.

£70m + Van de Beek wouldn’t be horrific if we were to sell Grealish.

I still hope we don’t though.

Whenever I’ve watched him Van De Beek has been awful. Man U would bite Villa’s hand off for a deal like that. Thankfully I don’t think the powers that be at Villa would entertain such a deal nor have any interest in signing him.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Whenever I’ve watched him Van De Beek has been awful. Man U would bite Villa’s hand off for a deal like that. Thankfully I don’t think the powers that be at Villa would entertain such a deal nor have any interest in signing him.

Nobody would give a shit about Van De Beek if he played for Southampton, Palace, Everton. Same reason people on here seriously discuss moving for Dan James ffs

• Like 1

I'd happily take van de beek on a loan with an option to buy, there's a far better player in there than what he's shown for utd

However if you're saying "in a deal for jack grealish" **** that, the glazers could chuck in rashford, Greenwood and Tom Brady and I'd still have reservations 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, striker said:

I thought Van de Beek looked quality for Ajax in the Champions League. But then it was probably because he had Frenkie De Jong next to him.

I agree that I can’t see us going after any United players, mostly because I expect they will want Grealish in any deal.

If we were to sell we would need £100m+ which, coupled with another £100m investment from our owners, would be an incredible transfer budget to push us to the next level.

To clarify, this isn’t me saying that I want us to sell Grealish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

It will be a very interesting Summer ahead for sure.  Anxious about Jack and what will happen with him tbh, but aside from that am intrigued by what direction we will go regarding improving the squad.  Main needs for me are: Another ST, another winger, better cover for Targett and Cash, and another AM. Besides this, just get some better depth without as @GingerCollins29 said taking away some valuable time from the nice crop of youth we have. I especially want to see how much better Barry and others can progress in pre-season.

Don't be anxious about Jack he's staying put.

I'm not sure we need to buy a striker, we have strikers and Watkins is doing a fine job. If we're were to buy a striker then I would like that striker signing to be Tammy. Like I said though I just don't think we need to spend in that area as we have Wesley, Davis and Barry. We would have to sell either Wesley or Davis if we were to buy another striker and if it were anyone I'd sell out of those two it would be Davis unless a real good offer for Wesley came in.

I think we could use Guilbert for cover for cash and there is Hause for Target that could be used.

I do think a Winger who can play both flanks would be a treat and an attacking midfielder who is also good at Intercepting and passing. They are a must for me and that is where I'd like most the money spent along with a new CDM.

If we make those moves then that means Luiz, Mcginn and Ghazi certainly entertain the bench for next season which makes our bench feel and look much better. We could also make use of Ramsey, Chuk and Barry so between the six of them next season the six of them could be rotated nicely and make sure there is freshness throughout the bench.

Depending on how much we spend on a Winger and how good he is it could also place Traore on the bench. When Grealish is back I think because Traore is getting game time and he's in the first eleven regular now is a reason why we won't probably buy a new Winger. We spent 17 mill on Traore right? I'm struggling to see a scenario of us buying a winger which would then see Traore entertain bench alongside Ghazi. Only way would make that move would be to sell Ghazi and I've a feeling that button won't be pushed this Summer.

I've a feeling any new players coming in will be a new CDM because Nakamaba will be sold, a new LB even though I think Hause would do for cover and another midfielder who can intercept and counter really good. the new midfield players I've a feeling where most of the money will be spent Summer.

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Im quite relaxed aboit who we buy as the recruitment has been excellent. As long as we dont block opportubities for the promising u23's to get a few mins

Have to agree. Probably the first window in a long time where we don't have to panic if they all work out. We can just enjoy building the squad.