Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Olivier Ntcham Whose a big DM is on a free …  Clément Grenier & Nabil Bentaleb are also available for free and can cover DM … 

Is this the Players You've Completely Forgotten About Thread?

• Haha 2

I think if we compared our business to the clubs who finished above us last season (up to 5th) and if their window has been better or worse than ours:

• Spurs - signed Gil, Emerson Royal, Romero, Gollini (loan), Sarr, KEPT KANE: better
  • West Ham - signed Vlasic, Zouma, Areola (loan), Kral: better
  • Arsenal - signed Odegaard, Lokonga, Tavares, White, Ramsdale, Tomiyasu: better
  • Leicester - signed Bertrand, Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard, Lookman (loan): better
  • Everton - signed Townsend, Begovic, Gray, Rondon, Rodriguez still there but wants out: worse
  • Leeds - signed Firpo, James: worse

Which is not terrible but still disappointing. West Ham supposed to have terrible owners but they've done a great job this summer and invested a lot to improve them. Spuds have kept Kane and bought in 4-5 quality players. Arse have overspent on likes of White but still had a better window than us. Leicester have done great business as usual. 

We should at least be looking to finish above Leeds and Everton this season. Their windows have been pretty poor as far as I can see and I wouldn't have really taken any of the players they've brought in with the exception of Begovic as backup GK (still not sure why we didn't look at that). 

28 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I agree, but even if we finish in the same place as last season I feel that we will be further behind challenging for a place in Europe than this season. Solely based on the business that Spurs, Leicester and West Ham have done. Then you’ve got the usual Top 4 so it’s just going to be even more difficult to challenge.

Agreed.

The other issue is that, if you are not showing progress then players like Watkins and Konsa may be tempted away next summer by bids from the Super 6.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think if we compared our business to the clubs who finished above us last season (up to 5th) and if their window has been better or worse than ours:

• Spurs - signed Gil, Emerson Royal, Romero, Gollini (loan), Sarr, KEPT KANE: better
  • Arsenal - signed Odegaard, Lokonga, Tavares, White, Ramsdale, Tomiyasu: better
  • Leicester - signed Bertrand, Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard, Lookman (loan): better
  • Everton - signed Townsend, Begovic, Gray, Rondon, Rodriguez still there but wants out: worse

Which is not terrible but still disappointing. West Ham supposed to have terrible owners but they've done a great job this summer and invested a lot to improve them. Spuds have kept Kane and bought in 4-5 quality players. Arse have overspent on likes of White but still had a better window than us. Leicester have done great business as usual. 

We should at least be looking to finish above Leeds and Everton this season. Their windows have been pretty poor as far as I can see and I wouldn't have really taken any of the players they've brought in with the exception of Begovic as backup GK (still not sure why we didn't look at that). 

We can't make other clubs have bad windows. 

We're in the top flight of world football. Nearly all those teams have years on us because of our relegation. 

26 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think both of their agents have played a blinder. Both have signed new contracts.

Not rocket science is it.  Look at the new contract that Jack could have signed with us.

I think its fairly easy to be a good agent when you have a good player!

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Don't think the first 3 are better really, certainly not Arsenal. Most of those players aren't first teamers. We've upgraded our first XI considerably this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Are West Ham really better? Zouma at Stoke amd Everton was poor, Kral and Vlasic coming from Russian league which is not guaranteed to step up

• Like 2

Loaning out youth players is mostly a good thing, loaning out senior players is generally not great. Especially since we are still picking up most of their salaries I'd assume.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Loaning out youth players is mostly a good thing, loaning out senior players is generally not great. Especially since we are still picking up most of their salaries I'd assume.

Yep. Which is why we shouldn't just sign players for the sake of it. 

The only position you can argue we have improved is striker. Ings.

Wingers? No. Nobody is proven like Grealish in this league we are replacing him with. Bailey who knows, Buendia one season in the league historically. We are not better in this position than before as things stand.

Midfield? No better.

Defence? Young is versatile. Same for axel. We still lack numbers even there.

Keepers? No better.

So all in all nope.