Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

39 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's just signed a new 5-year deal. If he's the standout star in a poor Southampton team this season, he's going to cost any prospective buyer far more than we're willing to spend on a single player. 

Or he had a release clause put in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon we would have lost last season against Brentford with that many players out. 

Sure, and I think we would have destroyed them with our best players on the pitch, settled and “on song”…

Everyone should wait and see how we play with our best side before making huge assumptions and predictions…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

I think Edens’ success with Milwaukee Bucks has bowled people over a bit. Unfortunately, we may need more patience before Villa start reaping similar rewards. The Bucks’ successes were built over 6-7 years and arguably the PL is a tougher mountain to conquer (and we were almost in administration not so along ago).

Not really re the bucks, it’s more the information coming from the club itself including the owners rather than Wes’ Bucks team.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but Smith will be beaten with this stick as you know because you and I argued with fans post match last season when these unrealistic expectations wasn’t being achieved every week.  Hope for it but our real aim is top ten.

There's a group on here who will moan no matter what. 

Ultimately it doesn't matter because we are a well run club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No i would be underwhelmed, Zouma wouldnt even get in our starting team. Probably Vlasic as well, I expect Traore to have better stats than him

Well Vlasic plays as a no10 so comparing to Traore is odd. Zouma would compete strongly for a first team place here I'm sure (even though I like Ty-Ezri partnership). 

No point debating it as your opinion is clearly fixed - let's see how West Ham fare with their signings. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough. I think we’ll get taken apart by teams with 2 in the middle but agree it’s the only way we can fit them both in the side. 

You don’t see many teams play 4-4-2 these days either. 

Agreed.  Certainly not with out and out wingers/creative wide players.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

David Ornstein confirmed that isn’t the case

He can't know as they are legally secret as we learned with Jacks one.

Anyway his vale next summer would be same as this as he had a long contract already. All depends on if Southampton are willing to sell, they couldn't do that this summer as they already lost two key players. Might be more willing to sell next summer. We'll see

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sure, and I think we would have destroyed them with our best players on the pitch, settled and “on song”…

Everyone should wait and see how we play with our best side before making huge assumptions and predictions…

I agree with you, but i’m not sure when we will see our best players on the pitch. Could be Christmas at this rate.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Haven't had the best window but wanting the owners to leave may be a stretch!

I didn’t say I wanted them to leave Pissflaps… however I do believe they are starting to rein it back in a bit…

The lack of action today has made me think of the words Purlsow spoke in his speech after grealish left. Quite a few were saying that Purslow had said that our spending was over and quite a few more were saying that it wasnt what he meant and that we would continue to spend ... well it seems we know the answer now. 

However it was the other thing Purslow said that needs to be considered . When he said " the youth players really are our future" 

How much of that statement is now coming true . And if they truly believe that why do they think that our youth are any better than anyone elses. ? 

and finally which frigging youth player is going to be our DM !!

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

He can't know as they are legally secret as we learned with Jacks one.

Anyway his vale next summer would be same as this as he had a long contract already. All depends on if Southampton are willing to sell, they couldn't do that this summer as they already lost two key players. Might be more willing to sell next summer. We'll see

I don’t think we are in for him next summer with or without a release clause. I think his agent played a blinder same with ESR.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well Vlasic plays as a no10 so comparing to Traore is odd. Zouma would compete strongly for a first team place here I'm sure (even though I like Ty-Ezri partnership). 

No point debating it as your opinion is clearly fixed - let's see how West Ham fare with their signings. 

He played wide in the Euros

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's a group on here who will moan no matter what. 

Ultimately it doesn't matter because we are a well run club.

And there are people on here who refuse to entertain the idea that the club can do any wrong and every decision that is made is the correct one. 😘

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Typical of the club. NSWE have chosen to not allow us to progress in my view. If we were going to sign Buendia even if Grealish stayed, then that would have been £30m spent on transfers. Fine. That’s a lot of money, but it’s not going to get us up the table. I’m not convinced we would have purchased Bailey and Ings if we didn’t sell Jack. 

Thats not going big to progress, that’s holding back… I’m not saying we needed to spend £200m on new signings, but I did expect us to recruit in a position we desperately needed to fill, which is CM (most probably a defensive minded player). Buying two players to cover two of Jacks skill areas isn’t a proper strategy. It has left us severely unbalanced. 

It’s quite evident really and I’m amazed at the people who are saying this has been a successful window. It hasn’t. 

We needed a DMC improvement to round off a good window 

That doesn't automatically mean that option A or B C D and E were available to us or that we liked the look of anyone else or despite a lot of work we could get a deal somewhere 

It also doesn't mean we wet our knickers and call out NSWE or smith

Football doesn't work like that 

You can also make very strong arguments that chuk making his debut already means that NSWEs long game is already in action, you just haven't got the patience to see it out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

We don't need Bailey to be Jack. It was our strategy to replace his impact with Bailey, Buendia and Ings. 

I'd be confident in predicting those three will have total goals and assists higher than what Jack contributed to the team last year.

I’d like to think so as that’s three players versus one.

Should we not be adding another two players goals and assists to Jack’s total? I know what the club came out with but Jack took up one place in the team, not three.

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'd rather not engage with such total **** cat shit at all to be honest. 

Blows my mind how ignorant some posters are on here its staggering. 

You think this has been a brilliant transfer window, I think this has been a dreadful window… means I’m ignorant?