Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Or the plan is use the money from the Grealish sale to fund this window’s transfers and balance the books… rather than having another 100m net loss for the third year running  

I have no problem with this if this were the case, talk of Europe from the club suggests otherwise though.

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I have no problem with this if this were the case, talk of Europe from the club suggests otherwise though.

When have they ever specified it’s a European push this season? All they’ve said is to improve on last season 

how the club are operating is to be sustainable and sustainable at that European level. This shit takes time. And longer than a lot of fans are willing to wait. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t believe we have chosen not to strengthen. So typical. Finally look like getting somewhere at the end of last season and then things turn. Going to be such a tough season for us, a relegation scrap looks likely. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, alex7783 said:

Maybe - but that means we implemented the ‘JG leaving’ plan from the off, so must have known he was leaving much earlier than we have been told…

Yes I'm pretty sure they knew all along he was going.  Did the business early on so we wouldn't be ripped off

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can’t believe we have chosen not to strengthen. So typical. Finally look like getting somewhere at the end of last season and then things turn. Going to be such a tough season for us, a relegation scrap looks likely. 

So typical of who? Not NSWE They have backed us 100%  Relegation scrap Oh dear What a load of twaddle

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think we'll be ok but I'm not sure we'll see any progress from last season 

People being jealous of other teams signings is so weird. We literally signed Leon Bailey, Emi Buendia and Danny Ings. All 3 are/were meltdown signings. I don't think anybody, bar United/City/Chelsea have done anything close to the business we've done this summer.

• Like 2

Just now, thabucks said:

Olivier Ntcham Whose a big DM is on a free …  Clément Grenier & Nabil Bentaleb are also available for free and can cover DM … 

Villas Boas was fuming Marseille signed Ntcham and sold Sanson

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Still don't get this.

We now have no right back cover and have to convert Konsa or Tuanzebe, the latter of whom was not great last time he played there for us under Bruce.  And what happens if one of them gets injured, as Konsa now has.

I would have thought it made sense to keep him around for the next 12 months with a view to, hopefully, Kessler replacing him next summer.

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think JWP will be available next summer if Saints have another bad season

He's just signed a new 5-year deal. If he's the standout star in a poor Southampton team this season, he's going to cost any prospective buyer far more than we're willing to spend on a single player. 

Just now, Zatman said:

If Everton or Leicester signed Bailey would be people on here crying for months about why didnt sign him

Exactly. Imagine west ham got Ings. We'd all be wishing we could compete with them for signings

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Doesn't that prove his point though? We've signed a player to partner Ings. We don't seem to be interested in the type of CM player people are desperate for. 

No, it argues against his point.  We never seemed to be interested in getting another striker and a lot of people told me that we don’t need another top striker because only one would play and some on here backed me up saying we did.  We had no links to buying another striker just like the lack of real interest in a DCM type, so it’s actually very similar situation and we ended up buying Ings.  So this argues against his point.