Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I hope someone from the club is reading. How dare they be prepared and get all the transfers sorted so quickly and efficiently. Us fans would rather the club scrabble around in the last few hours trying to sign players we've been linked with all summer, fail to sign them and then moan that we run out of time! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I hope someone from the club is reading. How dare they be prepared and get all the transfers sorted so quickly and efficiently. Us fans would rather the club scrabble around in the last few hours trying to sign players we've been linked with all summer, fail to sign them and then moan that we run out of time! 

I don't think anyone is saying this, we're happy with the incomings and we just need another 1 maybe 2, DM and GK maybe.

• Like 2

Scandalous if we allow both Kamara and McKennie to go to teams that finished below us when we're crying out for either of them.

If that occurs I can only conclude that we can't bring anyone else in due to FFP restrictions as I can't imagine we'd be that misguided.

Hope we don't end up panic buying in January as a result of this. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

SACK SMITH AND (TIGHT) PURSLOW

BOARD OUT

FLANGE OUT

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Scandalous if we allow both Kamara and McKennie to go to teams that finished below us when we're crying out for either of them.

If that occurs I can only conclude that we can't bring anyone else in due to FFP restrictions as I can't imagine we'd be that misguided.

Hope we don't end up panic buying in January as a result of this. 

Not picking on you as I've seen it a lot, but I really don't understand this attitude, how is it scandalous if our recruitment team had no interest anyway.

Just because we as fans want to sign someone doesn't mean anything really, there's so many variables at play, why is it not scandalous that we didn't try for any other hundreds of players that move this window.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 2

McKennie had no interest in joining us on a permanent deal, why would we sign him on loan. Makes zero sense when he'd take game time off Ramsey and Chukwuemeka. 

As for Kamara, clearly we didn't see him as an upgrade on Luiz and so haven't gone in for him. If we wanted him he'd be signed.  

We don't want to go back to the MON days where we just signed lots of players of the same ability and nothing to really move us forward. 

CDM is a key key position and I'm sure a potential record transfer next summer would be to solve this and Nakamba would move on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

IF Mckennie ends up at Burnley, I'll just take that as he's **** and sleep soundly at night

More likely as they have new rich American owners there is some connection down the line

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I don't think anyone is saying this, we're happy with the incomings and we just need another 1 maybe 2, DM and GK maybe.

I think if we wanted this mythical hero of a DM we would have signed one from the seemingly endless supply of them from Ligue 1 

The clamour for this type of player has almost reached meme worthy levels on here, it's ridiculous. I'm not sure Smith has even regularly played with one in his managerial career? 

The way people talk, you'd think we have the Brothers Grimm (aka Gary and Craig Gardner) in our midfield. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Not picking on you as I've seen it a lot, but I really don't understand this attitude, how is it scandalous if our recruitment team had no interest anyway.

Just because we as fans want to sign someone doesn't mean anything really, there's so many variables at play, why is it not scandalous that we didn't try for any other hundreds of players that move this window.

Because if they end up at any of those teams we know it was possible to bring them in here. 

Already fed up seeing Spam sign loads of quality players in the last few days but at least they've got Europe and finished 6th last season.

McKennie on loan or Kamara at £15m is too good an opportunity to miss given how good those players are but we're just playing the whole stubborn 'we're not doing any more business' card.