Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Already has been of course. We bought two attackers who spent most of last season on the right.

Clearly the coaching/recruitment staff are looking at general play as well as goal involvements, which is a relief.

I know. I swear some people view football through the lens of stats. So much more to it than that. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i have mentioned Delaney before, might be a good signing, experienced international, a little older and more experienced in a very important position, not young enough to impact our youth players coming through, i think he would be a clever signing.

Would tick a lot of boxes but is  a few years older than the 'normal' NWSE signing. Though that seems to be changing with Young and Ings coming in.

I don't know I just have  a feeling that we have done our business unless a ridiculously good deal is in the offering on deadline day.

I think Purslow is wanting Deano to start playing our kids a a bit more this season as back up options.

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I love the 'Both clubs are NOT interested' yet they are currently in negotiation. WTF are they negotiating if neither club is interested 😀

Bizarre. "We're not interested in offering you Sissoko, but we're... offering you... Sissoko?"

Nuno Espirito Santo says Wolves are feeling 'confident' | Football News |  Sky Sports

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Should is a good word for it actually, as it's conditional

And that's exactly my original point - if we invest further and meaningfully in our midfield I believe we'd have a good chance of catching them

But it's conditional on that, IMO. As things stand, we can fully expect the likes of West Ham, Spurs, Leicester, and possibly 1 or 2 others to finish above us. In addition to the Sky 4.

Should does not mean will, or that we should "fully expect it". It is conditional on so many factors that I don't think it's reasonable to predict with any level of certainty either way. Regardless of whether we invest further in midfield. 

Basically, all of these teams have question marks hanging over their head. Including Leicester. So I am not buying into this certainty with which some folk are talking. I'm sticking with anywhere between 6th and 16th for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes players like Fornal been there few seasons and Benrahma introduced sparingly last season. Thinking you can throw in new players and they'll hit the ground running is idiotic and I want it now football manger video game mentality

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but you said that you think the current squad can finish 5th-10th. When Grealish was out last season our form was pretty terrible, and we now find ourselves in a position where we don't have him in the team anymore.

Surely in order for us to finish as high as 5th, we would need all of our new attacking signings to hit the ground running. Ings looks like he has but we can't expect the same of Buendia and Bailey who, in my view, are going to be crucial for replacing what Grealish gave us.

I'm expecting Traore to be better this season now that he has settled in, but we would do well to finish in the top half at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I love the 'Both clubs are NOT interested' yet they are currently in negotiation. WTF are they negotiating if neither club is interested 😀

I think what Fabrizio Romano means is that Juv want the cash so no player and spurs want to swap but not pay cash lol

Edited by string28

Not sure why people aren't understanding that Romano tweet, it's pretty clear...

'Tottenham are currently not negotiating with Juventus for Weston McKennie on potential swap deal with Moussa Sissoko. Both clubs are not interested. 🚫 #THFC #Juve

Juventus will only sell Wes McKennie if they receive “important bids” - more than €25/30m.'

Tottenham and Juventus aren't in negotiations for McKennie, Juventus aren't interested in a swap deal and want a bid of more than £30m.

The 6 players who played in midfield last night:

Tielemans
Maddison
Ndidi
Rice
Soucek
Benrahma

Not one of our midfielders would start ahead of those.

Anyone saying that what we have gets us anywhere near a top 8 finish is off their tits.

We need 2 new players in there. Or 1 and we settle for somewhere around 11th.

Just depends how patient the board are for success. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4

He doesn't say they're in negotiations, he says that they're 'not' in negotiations, and then goes on to say 'both clubs are not interested', Juventus aren't interested in a swap deal and neither are Spurs. He's commenting on previous speculation.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Tielemans
Maddison
Ndidi
Rice
Soucek
Benrahma

Anyone saying that what we have gets us anywhere near a top 8 finish is off their tits.

We news 2 new players in there. Or 1 and we settle for somewhere around 11th.

is Benhrahma better than El Ghazi?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Tielemans
Maddison
Ndidi
Rice
Soucek
Benrahma

We news 2 new players in there. Or 1 and we settle for somewhere around 11th.

I would have Buendia in the team ahead of Benrahma all day long.

Tielemans, Rice, Soucek and Ndidi are a class above any of our CM's though.

• Like 2