Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

5-10th was what you laughed at

They're very different achievements. Wild as it sounds, 5th is much further from 10th than 10th is from 20th in this shitshow of a league.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Seriously, look at West Ham still flying under Moyes

Yes players like Fornal been there few seasons and Benrahma introduced sparingly last season. Thinking you can throw in new players and they'll hit the ground running is idiotic and I want it now football manger video game mentality

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Seriously, look at West Ham still flying under Moyes;

the beat relegation candidates Newcastle and 10 man Leicester , they aren't quite title candidates yet 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes players like Fornal been there few seasons and Benrahma introduced sparingly last season. Thinking you can throw in new players and they'll hit the ground running is idiotic and I want it now football manger video game mentality

Coufal did 'alright' in his first season there last year. I would even venture to say he hit the ground running.

Soucek same in his loan spell and then carried on that form into his first full season as a permanent player there.

Benrahma only introduced sparingly last season because Lingard on loan was keeping him out of the team.

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Seriously, look at West Ham still flying under Moyes; Spurs revitalized under Nuno; Everton looking decent.

We won our first 4 games last season including humping the champions 7-2. Or are we all having collective amnesia here? 

38 games is a long old season. It'll be October at least before you can really gauge where everyone is at, even then look at what happened to Southampton last season. Or, indeed, the push west Ham made in the second half. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the beat relegation candidates Newcastle and 10 man Leicester , they aren't quite title candidates yet 

Meanwhile we lost to relegation hopefuls Watford.

In this league, 6 points is 6 points. I've never said West Ham are title candidates, you introduced that straw man just now. I've said they'll finish above us unless we invest, which they absolutely will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We won our first 4 games last season including humping the champions 7-2. Or are we all having collective amnesia here? 

38 games is a long old season. It'll be October at least before you can really gauge where everyone is at, even then look at what happened to Southampton last season. Or, indeed, the push west Ham made in the second half. 

Just stop it with your well reasoned post and common sense.

• Haha 2

With arguably the best player in the league running the show.

Remind me - since I'm suffering from amnesia apparently - how did we fare without him?

• Like 1

Yep West Ham lost first 2 games, including Newcastle, and finished 6th. Can you imagine the screeching on here if we'd lost to Newcastle to be 0 and 2?

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep West Ham lost first 2 games, including Newcastle, and finished 6th. Can you imagine the screeching on here if we'd lost to Newcastle to be 0 and 2?

So we're going to now win the majority of our remaining league fixtures, is that what you're saying?

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Benrahma only introduced sparingly last season because Lingard on loan was keeping him out of the team.

They signed Lingard on the 29th of January, so there was plenty of time to use Benrahma sparingly before then too.

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

They signed Lingard on the 29th of January, so there was plenty of time to use Benrahma sparingly before then too.

And Benrahma was only signed initially on the 16th Oct and missed the following 2 games due to injury.

He featured significantly after that and only spent 2 games on the bench, until Lingard signed in Jan. After which he was used more 'sparingly'.

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

With arguably the best player in the league running the show.

Remind me - since I'm suffering from amnesia apparently - how did we fare without him?

Remind me - how many players on the same level as Mike Lubb currently play for West Ham? 

We have signed other footballers since, so are a different animal. In any case, that's an alternative reality that doesn't exist and it misses the point entirely. I don't really care to explain it I'm afraid bud. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Remind me - how many players on the same level as Mike Lubb currently play for West Ham? 

We have signed other footballers since, so are a different animal. In any case, that's an alternative reality that doesn't exist and it misses the point entirely. I don't really care to explain it I'm afraid bud. 

An alternative reality that doesn't exist? I'm not here to talk in riddles with you bud.

We're talking about a club (West Ham) who definitively (not hypothetically) finished 6th last season and have carried on in the same vein of form so far this year.

They will finish above us again. Or do you really reckon not?

Edited by est1874

39 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I doubt City paid the full £100 million upfront as clubs don't generally do that these days. Most likely in instalments over months if not years. 

I doubt very much that cash flow is something that we need to be concerned about.

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

An alternative reality that doesn't exist? I'm not here to talk in riddles with you bud.

We're talking about a club (West Ham) who definitively (not hypothetically) finished 6th last season and have carried on in the same vein of form so far this year.

They will finish above us again. Or do you really reckon not?

They should. 

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Thinking you can throw in new players and they'll hit the ground running is idiotic and I want it now football manger video game mentality

I can't wait to see Bruno Fernandez this season now that he will be bedded in. He looks to have the potential to be a top player

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They should. 

Should is a good word for it actually, as it's conditional

And that's exactly my original point - if we invest further and meaningfully in our midfield I believe we'd have a good chance of catching them

But it's conditional on that, IMO. As things stand, we can fully expect the likes of West Ham, Spurs, Leicester, and possibly 1 or 2 others to finish above us. In addition to the Sky 4.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

I don't know whether West Ham will finish above us or not, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. People never learn and do the exact same thing every year, that is overrate or underrate a team based on a good or bad start to the season.

• Like 3