Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

The Doucoure link is some Villa Twitter account rehashing the old Goal story, not anything new, but him or A.N. Other DM is the priority.

If we did anything in the market after that I’d rather drop £35m on Damsgaard than McKennie - who makes little sense unless JJ and Chuk are both going on loan. 

I agree. I’d like McKennie but we have Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, JJ who can all play that role. Chuk might be a year or two off yet but he’s more of a 10 I think.

Either way, unless the McKennie deal is too good to turn down, I can’t see the club prioritising it. 

37 minutes ago, markc said:

According to sportbible (taken from the Telegraph) Arsenal are prepared to ship a few out. 

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has reportedly approved that Arsenal look to sell Bernd Leno, Hector Bellerin, Sead Kolasinac, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Lucas Torreira, Willian, Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah and Alexandre Lacazette.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-transfers-arsenal-will-listen-to-transfer-offers-for-ten-players-20210823.amp.html?source=facebook&__twitter_impression=true

Quite like Maitland Niles from the few times I've seen him,  can cover several positions as well.

AMN, Nelson and probably even nketiah are all leaving 2 years too late

would lazily guess arsenal would want £20m for each, the players themselves would want decent wages and due to lack of playing time they wont justify it

Same guy said this last night, saying not ruling out a Transfer (I.e. he's for sale but they aren't desperate to get rid), Everton, Spurs (on a condition) and then Villa the places he could go. More details today (I assume including what condition for Spurs)

He's a writer for La Gazzetta

FWIW, Spurs won't be signing both Pape Matar Sarr and McKennie. Whichever one they get (assuming all the BS is true) we can make a move for the other.

Everton is more of a worry for me if Spurs get Sarr and then Everton get McKennie then we've lost out on a lot of big targets (allegedly)

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Why is everyone so excited about signing a player that hasn’t impressed in Serie A? 

He was Juventus best midfielder last season and one of the best players 

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

FWIW, Spurs won't be signing both Pape Matar Sarr and McKennie. Whichever one they get (assuming all the BS is true) we can make a move for the other.

Everton is more of a worry for me if Spurs get Sarr and then Everton get McKennie then we've lost out on a lot of big targets (allegedly)

Spurs want Tolisso as well in the Ndombele deal 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He was Juventus best midfielder last season and one of the best players 

I highly doubt that if he was Juventus best midfielder last season and one of the best players in Serie A, they'd be willing to sell him so easily. Even after purchasing Locatelli.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I highly doubt that if he was Juventus best midfielder last season and one of the best players in Serie A, they'd be willing to sell him so easily. Even after purchasing Locatelli.

Juventus are broke with an old squad they are desperate to get rid of Ronaldo and Ramsey but have no takers. McKennie is probably the most sensible saleable asset along with maybe Dybala. They have spent 1.5million this summer 

He was suspended at the weekend why he didnt play

4 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Thomas Delaney links now. Quality solid player.

I've been saying we need a Van Bommel type and Delaney fits the bill... even down to the hair.

Hope we get him in.

If he’s as good as the last Delaney we had then I’m happy 

• Like 2

McKennie is surely a lazy link because we were in form him last year and missed out. We need a Nakamba upgrade not another all rounder midfielder like McKennie. Though having said that, the fact McKennie can plan left, central or right midfield is a big asset, that versatility is needed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Thomas Delaney links now. Quality solid player.

I've been saying we need a Van Bommel type and Delaney fits the bill... even down to the hair.

Hope we get him in.

I'd be happy with this if it was for the right price. He's 30 next week, but if we got him on 3 year deal and for the right wages he'd be a great signing, big improvement on Nakamba in the CDM role as has quality passing.