Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Isn't he off to Southampton?

They've also been linked yes. He wants first team football and they only have the new signing so he has real chances at first team games there. But we've been linked for a while and he's a Villa fan. So always hope until he's actually signed somewhere

Thierry Small has already agreed to join Southampton according to The Secret Scout who's very reliable on all matters relating to youth football, so you can be almost certain that that's where he's going.

I had my doubts that he'd be coming to us anyway, when we sign academy players it's usually done without fuss behind the scenes and when the deal is complete we're usually praised for the way we handled the transfer...

the Thierry Small situation hasn't really gone down like that, he's refused to sign a proffessional deal, then refused to return to training and now terminated his scholarship with Everton, so it's pretty much all been played out in the public, not the kind of saga I'd associate with us and the way we do things when signing a youth player.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd be happy with this if it was for the right price. He's 30 next week, but if we got him on 3 year deal and for the right wages he'd be a great signing, big improvement on Nakamba in the CDM role as has quality passing.

Wages could be a complication as he's on £85k a week at Dortmund. If the transfer fee is around the reported £15m (I reckon we'll try £12.5m, if we really are interested), that would be tidy though.

At 6ft, he would add a bit of height to the position too.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Same guy said this last night, saying not ruling out a Transfer (I.e. he's for sale but they aren't desperate to get rid), Everton, Spurs (on a condition) and then Villa the places he could go. More details today (I assume including what condition for Spurs)

He's a writer for La Gazzetta

I though Everton have no money and Spurs want to do a swap for Ndombele. If it is cash that Juve are looking for then there is only one of those 3 options that looks realistic

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd be happy with this if it was for the right price. He's 30 next week, but if we got him on 3 year deal and for the right wages he'd be a great signing, big improvement on Nakamba in the CDM role as has quality passing.

The fee discussed on the internet is 10m

Three signings - Doucoure, McKennie & Damsgaard - and three out - Nakamba, Hourihane & El Ghazi - for me would be a great window (excepting the loss of he who shall not be named!).  All do-able it seems and would give us a net outlay for the window of circa £40-50m.  That would, imho, give us many more options for rotation/cover/impact subs with two good options for every position (4-3-3) and move us from a 10-15th placed team to a 5-10th placed team.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Three signings - Doucoure, McKennie & Damsgaard - and three out - Nakamba, Hourihane & El Ghazi

That would be some window, I would love that but I suspect that there is as much chance of my wife asking me if I would mind if she brought her hot friend back to our house for a threesome. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That would be some window, I would love that but I suspect that there is as much chance of my wife asking me if I would mind if she brought her hot friend back to our house for a threesome. 

If you caught Lois on her birthday breakdown episode you'd have a good chance mate.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You need to watch it mate...

spacer.png

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Thierry Small has already agreed to join Southampton according to The Secret Scout who's very reliable on all matters relating to youth football, so you can be almost certain that that's where he's going.

I had my doubts that he'd be coming to us anyway, when we sign academy players it's usually done without fuss behind the scenes and when the deal is complete we're usually praised for the way we handled the transfer...

the Thierry Small situation hasn't really gone down like that, he's refused to sign a proffessional deal, then refused to return to training and now terminated his scholarship with Everton, so it's pretty much all been played out in the public, not the kind of saga I'd associate with us and the way we do things when signing a youth player.

Ah I'd missed TSS naming the club, last I saw from them they were saying they'd release the name of the club once he was given the go ahead. Shame that!

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know - I don't expect it to happen ... the signings that is, I'm really not sure as to how realistic the threesome option for you is!! 🤞

But it seems such a shame when they are all available and at "sensible" prices; we have the FFP headroom, as I understand it, following Jack's transfer; and that net spend is a drop in the ocean for our owners and is relatively small given the investment to date.  It seems like another opportunity to take a big step on their stated aspirational 5 year plan that we potentially look like spurning? 

I hope that we are both surprised with the final week of the window ... and you with some hot threeway action!  

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

The world and his dog knows we have 100 smackers sitting around...we are going to be linked with most players now!

This. The next week or so until the window closes, we are going to be linked with about 20 players.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ah I'd missed TSS naming the club, last I saw from them they were saying they'd release the name of the club once he was given the go ahead. Shame that!

Southampton will have a very interesting (and young/developmental) full back pairing with Small and Livramento.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Wages could be a complication as he's on £85k a week at Dortmund. If the transfer fee is around the reported £15m (I reckon we'll try £12.5m, if we really are interested), that would be tidy though.

At 6ft, he would add a bit of height to the position too.

He’s also going to Sevilla, imagine our names been thrown in there because we have money to speed things up 

Its nice to be linked with good players now. I am so used to the links with crap players and trying to force myself to get excited. I am still waiting for an exciting last day of the transfer window watching SkySports outside Bodymoor telling us that we have 50 minutes left to get the paperwork submitted for a worldie signing. I get jealous watching other clubs doing this 😂