Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

36 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Three signings - Doucoure, McKennie & Damsgaard - and three out - Nakamba, Hourihane & El Ghazi - for me would be a great window (excepting the loss of he who shall not be named!).  All do-able it seems and would give us a net outlay for the window of circa £40-50m.  That would, imho, give us many more options for rotation/cover/impact subs with two good options for every position (4-3-3) and move us from a 10-15th placed team to a 5-10th placed team.

I remember playing Football Manager. No reason current squad can't finish 5-10th

10 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

He’s also going to Sevilla, imagine our names been thrown in there because we have money to speed things up 

Dortmund are in talks with them yes, if we know the price that is agreed we can then match it (ie better have Sevilla find the price they'll sell rather than us). Then we can negotiate with the player. Would he prefer Premier League or Spain

I'd chose living in Sevilla over Birmingham though :D

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Probably more sensible not to, but I was certainly expecting a more exciting end to the window than this.

There is  still a week left. Offering a club a decent cash price for a player on the last days leaves them with little ability to negotiate and if we are happy with our squad as DS said then we can walk away if our bid is not accepted. We could pick up a player without getting ripped off. We also have quite a few players we could let go the opposite direction if a club needed a replacement

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I thought we were going to go absolutely mental with the Grealish money.

Probably more sensible not to, but I was certainly expecting a more exciting end to the window than this.

Not spending the cash from the Snake's transfer makes perfect sense. You'd be held for ransom anyway with clubs knowing you have that sort of money. Plus who knows how that transfer was structured, I doubt City paid the full £100 million upfront as clubs don't generally do that these days. Most likely in instalments over months if not years. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

An obscure French news outlet "Homme du Match"

i have mentioned Delaney before, might be a good signing, experienced international, a little older and more experienced in a very important position, not young enough to impact our youth players coming through, i think he would be a clever signing.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i have mentioned Delaney before, might be a good signing, experienced international, a little older and more experienced in a very important position, not young enough to impact our youth players coming through, i think he would be a clever signing.

Oh, I agree--I think the signing would be perfect for us. The link however is tenuous, at best. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

ROOONNNAAAALLLLDDDOOOO!!!!! - if I was a commentator I'd probably be shouting that in most of the games he plays.

As for us signing Mckennie that will be a Bailey level signing. Top top top tamale.

We're getting Ronaldo and McKennie? Cool

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

5-10th was what you laughed at

So 10th then.

As things stand we haven't a hope of getting near 5th.

Seriously, look at West Ham still flying under Moyes; Spurs revitalized under Nuno; Everton looking decent.

Those 3, Leicester, and the usual suspects of Chelsea, United, Citeh and Liverpool will all finish ahead of us as things stand.

It's a lottery then who finishes 9th-10th out of Villa, Leeds, Brentford, and maybe Arsenal (if they sort out their shit) and maybe Brighton.

That's how I see it all as things stand. We can change this by investing in a CM or 2, but I can't see us getting ahead of that aforementioned top 8 without improving the squad now.

• Thanks 2