Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Nasser Sawiris is on the board at Adidas he can easily be creative with a sponsorship deal. 

He's a member of the supervisory board, so has no executive power and very little real influence,

• Thanks 1

------------------------------------ Martinez -----------------------------------------

----------------- New CB ------ Konsa ----- Mings ---------------------------

Cash ------------------------- New DCM --------------- Young / Targett

-------- Buendia ---- Sanson/Luiz/McGinn* ------ Bailey ------------

----------------------------------- Watkins -------------------------------------------

* or a new 10.

That could be a very good side if all the £100m from Jack is put into the new CB, New DCM and maybe a new 10.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

For some reason I thought he had a 4/5% stake with them. My bad.

He does, and it actually makes him one of the largest single shareholders, but it's still a small enough stake he's not going to be siphoning his cash through Adidas into us. It's not an Abu Dhabi kind of setup

• Like 1

If we go into the season minus Grealish but with the loan for Tuanzebe, then we look like this:

Emi (Steer)

Cash (Fred)

Konsa (Axel)

Mings (Hause)

Targett (Young)

Doub (Nakamba)

McGinn (Sanson)

Buendia (Conor?)

Traore (None bar injured Trez?)

Watkins (Wes)

Bailey (AEG)

I think Buendia starts against Watford in that central role. If so, bit worried about the lack of depth on the wings and in the central attacking midfielder role. 

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No way Man U would send him on loan to sit on the bench all season.  I don’t get this as a loan deal.  Something weird about this as you send players on loan to get material game time.

i reckon he leapfrogs hause as 3rd choice CB. he'll get games

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Emi

Cash   Mings   Konsa    Targett                          

Buendia   Luiz   McGinn    Bailey 

Ollie     Tammy

No, no 4-4-2 it doesn't work in modern football. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a member of the supervisory board, so has no executive power and very little real influence,

Perhaps not officially but he’s the biggest shareholder. These guys work in circles that the likes of us never see. A word here a word there, who knows how these things work in the rarefied atmosphere up there. 

• Like 1

I hope that we don't spend the money on English players, with the possible exception of James Ward-Prowse. Not because they're not good players (Tuanzebe, McNeil, Cantwell, Abraham and Ward-Prowse are all great players) but because they are all so over priced. We have a great core of players already at Villa that are acclimatised to the Premier League so don't need to worry about instant impact (no burning NEED for Europe this season to keep Grealish either) so we can afford to take a bit more of a risk with bringing in players from abroad.

What I mean is that if £35-40 million gets you a very good English player BUT it can get you a really fantastic player from abroad. The risk is whether or not they can adapt to the Premier League. I think we can afford to take that risk with the Grealish money. Those English players are not going to raise the club to a higher level (not the same as saying they won't improve us) but 3-4 fantastic players would raise us to a level above hoping for Europa League but happy in top ten. We would be on a par with Leicester, a team that it doesn't shock you to see in the top four.

Fingers crossed all our transfers work out, as long as we support the club and our players I am sure they will do their best to make us proud! Many fans are highly critical of our own players when they are not in form but I hope this Grealish saga will help people appreciate our current players a bit more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If we go into the season minus Grealish but with the loan for Tuanzebe, then we look like this:

Emi (Steer)

Cash (Fred)

Konsa (Axel)

Mings (Hause)

Targett (Young)

Doub (Nakamba)

McGinn (Sanson)

Buendia (Conor?)

Watkins (Wes)

Bailey (AEG)

Hopefully Sanson takes over McGinn at a higher level, or McGinn improves.

Have to hope Watkins, Traore and Bailey play every game.

Hoping Luiz pushes on and improves from last year.

The rest seems ok for a top 8 finish.

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No way Man U would send him on loan to sit on the bench all season.  I don’t get this as a loan deal.  Something weird about this as you send players on loan to get material game time.

It makes sense of you think of it as them managing their asset. He's shown himself to be made of glass so far in his brief career so they know he's not going to command enough £ to be worth selling - but if he can get through a full season with us, even playing only 2/3 of the games, then they can sell him for £10m+ next summer.

United aren't interested in him as a player, they've proven that already.

Just now, Monkeypuzzle said:

so don't need to worry about instant impact (no burning NEED for Europe this season to keep Grealish either) so we can afford to take a bit more of a risk with bringing in players from abroad.

Massive burning need to qualify for Europe this season.  The only way we will attract better players next summer and keep our best stars of this season.

Plus the big 6 will be going for another attempt at a new ESL by next summer.  There is no time to waste.

Just looking who's similar statistically to Grealish and might be a possible replacement, espcially in terms of progressive carries and goal/shot creating actions and Hudson-Odoi stands out as being quite similar. Looks like Lazio after him on load but might be visa issues or something, Could be an option? Would fit on left with Bailey right and Emi in middle.

20 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Emi (Steer)

Cash (Fred)

Konsa (Axel)

Mings (Hause)

Targett (Young)

Doub (Nakamba)

McGinn (Sanson)

Buendia (Conor?)

Watkins (Wes)

Bailey (AEG)

I think Buendia starts against Watford in that central role. If so, bit worried about the lack of depth on the wings and in the central attacking midfielder role. 

You forgot about El Ghazi.

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by Laughable Chimp

20 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Emi (Steer)

Cash (Fred)

Konsa (Axel)

Mings (Hause)

Targett (Young)

Doub (Nakamba)

McGinn (Sanson)

Buendia (Conor?)

Watkins (Wes)

Bailey (AEG)

Chuckwemeka, Jacob Ramsey and JPB will all be part of that first match day squad. At least. 

Well well im here trying to relax and enjoy my holiday in Jamaica but im sad right now my boy Grealish wont be at VP he kept me buzzing that lad did but let me not get too down and we need a huge signing to try and fill that gap , however i dont think anyone can but we should have asked that Oil club for bernardo silva or maybe even Sterling to cushion the blow. I wont be satisfied with Ward-Prowse or Todd Cantwell absolutely no way , we need someone with the same skill levels as JG like the two man city players i mentioned above , we can still go places if we were to sign someone of that ilk imo , i just hope we get it right. 

39 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Time to get Alverez in?

We could have been waiting for the Grealish stuff to be finished before getting him.

The Superclasico is tonight (Boca Juniors v River Plate) and he is expected to start so he might be a bit busy!

In all seriousness, I don't think we are going to see any movement for Alvarez before their 2nd leg Copa Liberatores tie on Thursday the 12th, if there ends up being any movement at all.