Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Knew nothing ABOUT Kamada until seeing him touted on here.

However in his videos, he looks outstanding.

In two seasons with Ollie Watkins, Emi Buendia, Leon Bailey and Kamada we'll get close to the top 5/6.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Seems pointless to me. We have Hause for that. 

Can't go in to a season with just 3 Senior Centre Backs. Imagine if we were hit with a similiar injury crises as Liverpool experienced this year? We would be playing Hause and Guilbert as our Centre-Backs.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I agree definitely. Think we should be looking at the European market where clubs are struggling more financially. The downside of that is that it may take longer for players to settle in which might give us a slow start. But in the longer term, it might be for the best. 

Absolutely. Although it’s a risk for them, Leicester picked up Soumare and Daka for £40m. That’s great business.

We’ve just signed Leon Bailey for about 30% of what Grealish is going for.

The likes of Auoar, Kamara and David could probably all be brought in for £75m in total.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Very sketchy source, I’d imagine.

If you listen to The Holy Trinity on YouTube (which is incidentally excellent), the host Pete pretty firmly and convincingly made a case for exactly why we would hang-on to Grealish and not buy Tammy or Ings.

Its not been a good week for "Pete the Canadian"!

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

The reason I want Kamada so much is not because of his goals and assists and how many chances he creates but because of his pressing. We would be pinning teams back and suffocating them.

Edited by Sulberto21

22 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not keen on the Axel deal if that's true. Looked bang average for United when he got to play, if anything he's backup surely. 

Last i saw him he put Mbappe in his pocket in Champions League 

• Like 2

Just now, MotoMkali said:

We need a rcb. And Mings and Hause are both injury prone. Definitely need a 4th CB. Tuanzebe is fine on a loan. 

I think we can get a project from the championship for decent Money.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I think we can get a project from the championship for decent Money.

£100m is exactly 5 Brentford players… or it was when they were in the Championship. I wonder how much they will be now they are PL.

• Like 1

Tuanzebe is an absolute no-brainer for me. Little cost so we can spread the funds elsewhere, knows the club and has a style of play that fits, was excellent when he was at Villa and despite limited minutes hasn't exactly been poor in the meantime.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

In two seasons with Ollie Watkins, Emi Buendia, Leon Bailey and Kamada we'll get close to the top 5/6.

Not if they demand to leave after a decent season. We see how that turns out with Grealish 

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Seems pointless to me. We have Hause for that. 

We need a CB who will push Mings and Konsa for starts and if injuries occur. Worst case both get injured then having 2 placeholders like Hause is just asking for trouble. 

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we need 4 CBs

No way Man U would send him on loan to sit on the bench all season.  I don’t get this as a loan deal.  Something weird about this as you send players on loan to get material game time.

If Grealish is going and we do have £100m to spend, I'd look to drop 30/40m on 3 players, all young with the potential to be world class. We'd only need one of them to fulfill the potential really to not lose out on the outlay.

I'd try Tuanzebe on a loan with an option to buy if that's at all possible too. With all the talent we've got coming through in the next few seasons as well we should be very well placed very soon.

• Like 3